IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 4

happy atheist

Who's in charge of freejinger instagram? I started following yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be in line with our way of thinking? I could be wrong. The support meme they're trying to orchestrate is rubbing me the wrong way somehow.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JVs1Bwe.png

Because it's all about liberals persecuting straight white Christian men. :pull-hair:

I need to just stay off facebook because there is so much of this crap. At least four of the people in the screenshot above know the Duggars personally, too, (a couple have even made appearances on the show) and now I'm wondering if any of them knew and never said anything. I'd like to think not but I really don't know right now.

(By the way, green taught comparative politics as well as a few other subjects in my homeschool co-op. Can you see why I never wanted to take that class?)

Monica Lewinsky was 22 when she had an affair with Clinton! First, way above the age of majority; second, consenting partner!!!! WTF.

Also, the parents of a molester are MUCH more responsible for his behavior than the spouse of a molester is for his behavior (if Clinton HAD molested someone).

I am dying to see Jinger's speech but don't want to line JBM's pockets. Does anyone know where I could find it?

While I don't know for sure if anyone involved received other therapy I can say they did not receive competent therapy because if they did they would not continue to put forward the idea that women cause men to sin.

If you're referring to her speech with Ben about getting saved, it's somewhere on FJ. I thought it was on Jinger's youtube channel, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I'm going to go ahead and recommend we hold out on judgment of the 5th victim and her parents. For all we know they were the ones who reported it to the authorities, removed their child from contact with the Duggars, and were supportive of their daughter. The victim is in no way obligated to press charges (which can often be very traumatic to go through a trial) or publicly out Josh if that means drawing attention to herself and is not beneficial for her mental health. As long as a report was made - which is was - then it is in the hands of the authorities which utterly failed in this instance to pursue justice.

I thought JB was the one who took Josh to the authorities? Not someone else reporting it?? Still, these rumors have been around for ten years. Someone could have requested and then released heavily - and properly - redacted police reports as a means of attempting to serve some sort of justice.

I am glad she has her privacy. I don't need to know who she is and neither does anyone else. I hope she at least received some sort of therapy and help for all these.

I think FJ is seeing so many newbs (myself) included because sexual abuse is becoming more and more common. (I hate even writing that).

Knowing what my own sisters have been through, not getting counseling, has resulted in some very sad out comings for their lives.

I think it hit a nerve with people and you will see pages upon pages of other's sharing their own stories.

I've not yet caught up (had to sleep, damnit) but wanted to respond to this.

I don't think sexual abuse is becoming more common. I think people are listening more because they have to. I think a huge part of why we are hearing so many more stories about survivors is that they/we can now connect online and shine a much more powerful light on this problem. Sandusky was a horrible man doing deplorable things for decades. ONLY due to Internet exposure was he revealed for the man he truly was - an abusive predator.

People, sadly, have been abused throughout time. People are VERY good at covering up such behavior. The Duggars did so for a decade in the Internet era. Imagine how many other families have quietly swept such abuse under the rug.

What frightens me most about Josh is that we really don't know what's been going on. He did not receive proper counseling, due to his contemptible parents. Has he been rehabilitated? Has he really stopped, or is he better at hiding? There are a number of people who get caught early on, but who modify their behaviors to later better cover their tracks. We DON'T know if this is true with Josh; this is speculation on my part, but to my mind, a concern worth pursuing.

This is not a condition that can be "prayed away." Their entire cult's method of dealing with sexual abuse involves victim-blaming and perpetrator-forgiving.

If there's anything positive that can come out of this situation, I hope it's that victims realize that it is NEVER their fault. I hope people realize that sexual abuse is a serious crime requiring intensive, professional therapy.

Sadly, I've read some comments elsewhere that disgust me with their ability to overlook the seriousness of the crime (side note: I would LOVE to hear what those commentators would say if it were a Black Muslim teen accused of such crimes). But I hope we don't let the outrage die. I hope we can continue to show support for victims while educating those in our circles about the lifelong repercussions of such acts. Far too often, most especially in these cults but elsewhere also, women and children are treated as lesser beings who should also miraculously overcome greater injuries. That's bullshit. Victims and their rights matter.

Question Re: Police Report Victim #5

Does it appear the redacted is Adult rather than Juvenile based on length of word?

Maybe the non sibling was Josh's age.

Or maybe I am reading wrong or the police made a mistake. However if she was an adult in 2006 the police may not have compelled her to give an interview and her parents may have never been contacted.

Wanted to add Victim 5 also has her marital status listed as single.

She is the only one with this listed.

I don't think sexual abuse is becoming more common.

If anything, I hope against hope that it seems more common because there is less stigma to being an abuse survivor. I haven't been one, but I have dealt with difficult issues (infertility, prematurity) and I know that for me in hard times, it helps SO much to know you aren't alone. As abuse survivors feel comfortable coming forward and sharing their stories, how they dealt and how they overcame, it can only help other people either suffering the same right now or recently.

(and please don't think I put infertility or prematurity on the same level of suffering as sexual abuse. I'm not insane.)

(side note: I would LOVE to hear what those commentators would say if it were a Black Muslim teen accused of such crimes).

Ahhhh, I wouldn't!!! Can you imagine how racist and xenophobic it would be!?! Same goes for a gay teen, it would just be proof that all gay people are pedophiles. Yet I don't see the Duggars saying all young white men are pedos now... odd!

Question Re: Police Report Victim #5

Does it appear the redacted is Adult rather than Juvenile based on length of word?

Maybe the non sibling was Josh's age.

Or maybe I am reading wrong or the police made a mistake. However if she was an adult in 2006 the police may not have compelled her to give an interview and her parents may have never been contacted.

People are going to speculate and it's not disallowed here, but frankly I'm uncomfortable with attempts to try and guess at redacted information based on length, etc. It's futile and an invasion of victims' privacy. I'm not trying to single you out, ABD, it's rampant in these threads and I am finally in a position where I can comment on it.

I can guarantee you Jimbob and Michelle and giving their children a "See, didn't we tell you the outside liberal world is evil?" talk.

Sorry if I randomly intrude in the conversation.

I just watched on YT the last episode, "Digging in with the Duggars" (I live outside the US so I did not watch it when it aired).

I was struck by the part where Michelle explains about the "modesty" rules.

First she talks about how as a teenager she used to mow the lawn in a bikini and the neighbour, the "poor husband" (her own wording), did not know what to do not to look at her...

And then she explains the perfect victim-blaming theory: "we can't control what others think but we can control what we do, so if we stir in someone else feelings that cannot be righteously fulfilled we are RESPONSIBLE for that".

Jana and Jinger were keeping their eyes down.

Made me sick to my stomach.

People are going to speculate and it's not disallowed here, but frankly I'm uncomfortable with attempts to try and guess at redacted information based on length, etc. It's futile and an invasion of victims' privacy. I'm not trying to single you out, ABD, it's rampant in these threads and I am finally in a position where I can comment on it.

I am trying not to speculate but wanted to point this Out as it could be the reason no additional parents were involved in the police report because an 18 year old would legally be an adult and her parents would not be contacted INITIALLY even if the crime was committed on her as a juvenile.

Who's in charge of freejinger instagram? I started following yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be in line with our way of thinking? I could be wrong. The support meme they're trying to orchestrate is rubbing me the wrong way somehow.

Freejinger.org does not have an Instagram page. If you are looking at this page https://instagram.com/freejinger/ it says that it is a fan page for Jigger Duggar and not related to freejinger.org

The official offsite pages for FJ are the shelter, Facebook, twitter, google+, and pinterest. The links to these can be found on the sidebar :)

So I'm a loser and I checked Smugger's IG follower count the day this story broke. He's gained 2000 followers. How? He should be losing them.

I am trying not to speculate but wanted to point this Out as it could be the reason no additional parents were involved in the police report because an 18 year old would legally be an adult and her parents would not be contacted INITIALLY even if the crime was committed on her as a juvenile.

I don't know how police reports work; maybe there is a seperate one with her parents' names on it that wouldn't have come up in an FOIA request for Jim Bob Duggar. Shrug.

Freejinger.org does not have an Instagram page. If you are looking at this page https://instagram.com/freejinger/ it says that it is a fan page for Jigger Duggar and not related to freejinger.org

The official offsite pages for FJ are the shelter, Facebook, twitter, google+, and pinterest. The links to these can be found on the sidebar :)

Thanks for clarifying that! Unfollowed.

Authorities ought to go after Jim Bob and Michelle who acted in a criminal way by not protecting all their children and for covering up the crime of sex abuse occurring right in their home.

I do not have any sympathy for Josh, nor do I have sympathy for JB and Michelle. However, I've noticed on the board people saying that Josh didn't have any consequences for committing a criminal act and I agree. But even though he did not have the proper consequences through the judicial system like he should have, he sure is reaping those consequences now. I imagine this is worse than anything that would have been done to him when he was a 13 or 14 year old kid. I'm not gleeful in it as I think this is an unspeakable tragedy, esp for the victims. But the irony is incredible. The hands of justice were not swift by any means but the court of public opinion has made sure justice is served. If this doesn't deter him from ever thinking about doing anything like this again, I don't know what will.

Authorities ought to go after Jim Bob and Michelle who acted in a criminal way by not protecting all their children and for covering up the crime of sex abuse occurring right in their home.

They have made it clear the interests of the victims in this situation did not come first then and are no first now.

So I'm a loser and I checked Smugger's IG follower count the day this story broke. He's gained 2000 followers. How? He should be losing them.

To be fair, some of those followers may be hate-following him.

I do not have any sympathy for Josh, nor do I have sympathy for JB and Michelle. However, I've noticed on the board people saying that Josh didn't have any consequences for committing a criminal act and I agree. But even though he did not have the proper consequences through the judicial system like he should have, he sure is reaping those consequences now. I imagine this is worse than anything that would have been done to him when he was a 13 or 14 year old kid. I'm not gleeful in it as I think this is an unspeakable tragedy, esp for the victims. But the irony is incredible. The hands of justice were not swift by any means but the court of public opinion has made sure justice is served. If this doesn't deter him from ever thinking about doing anything like this again, I don't know what will.

He also might feel, "what do I have to lose"?

To be fair, some of those followers may be hate-following him.

Hahaha, I'm hate-following Huckabee, Scott Walker, and Rick Santorum now, so I totally get it.

Long-time lurking new member here. I've read here for ages and always had a feeling something would eventually happen to bring the JB and M into true light.

I am very concerned about Josh..there is an aura surrounding him that disturbs me. I happened across the article below which illustrates my feelings about him. Believe he needs real help. His mindset about certain things is way out of line and I blame his parents. And it makes me livid that his sisters were held captive and forced to be a slave to him after what he did to them.

Jana and John David were chaperoning a date between Josh and then-fiancee Anna, and Josh joked, 'Why not have a double date?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -show.html

Archived