IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 4

happy atheist

I just want to suggest the following. I know people are going to speculate, but I do think there are a few topics we should be very cautious about:

- the identity of the fifth victim: this person hasn't come forward publicly for a reason. Leave them in peace.

- whether Josh is a pedophile: this needs to be diagnosed clinically, not by a bunch of people on the Internet. Suggesting that he may reoffend is ok, but assuming it's a given is uncalled for.

- which girls were assaulted: I'm guilty of this myself and I feel very bad about doing so. These women have been through enough without people speculating about this.

- blaming the fifth victim's parents: we have no clue what happened and have no place to judge them.

- whether other Duggar boys will assault others as well: seriously, don't do this. Those kids aren't their brother and shouldn't be lumped in with him.

I can't express how much I agree. The situation is bad enough, let's not make it worse.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out this blind item at the Blind Gossip site. It's interesting.

blindgossip.com/?p=71479

Network Executives Knew

If you weren’t mad enough about this story about a family that is already in the news, just wait until we drop this bombshell!

It turns out that network executives KNEW about the problem with the cast of this TV show MONTHS AGO!

Here’s what happened. Even though these two television shows appear to be completely unrelated, they are actually part of the same network. And, like most networks, they encourage and arrange cross-promotions between shows whenever possible.

The cast of the first show was scheduled to do an appearance on the second show. You probably already heard about the fact that the second show turned down the appearance of the first show’s cast and reported the problem to law enforcement.

Well, that’s not the whole story!

The second show could not just “pass†on a major network cross-promotion without giving a reason to their network bosses. So they told the network executives about the problem with the first show’s cast. And guess what the network executives did about it? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They did not want to do anything that would cause controversy or stop the income stream from the first show, so they did nothing and simply hoped that the problem would remain a secret.

So when the network finally does make some sort of announcement about how shocked and surprised and sad they are about the events… know that they are LYING. They knew about the problem months ago and chose to sweep everything under the carpet so that they could keep the show on the air and continue to profit from it.

First Show:

Second Show:

Network:

[Optional] Should the show be cancelled? Should the network executives be fired?

Any bets on how long it will take for the media to connect Gil Bates and family to Gothardism? I'm sort of surprised they haven't been dragged into the media shitstorm already.

Is their show popular enough for the media to look the Bateseseseses up as well?

I haven't caught up so sorry if anyone has said this.

Since it was the oldest Duggar girl, she probably knew that he was talking about sexually. Some of the younger ones mentioned things like hugs and stuff. But Jana knew he meant sexually, and she's right. Sexual touches aren't supposed to happen anywhere. Look at how they react to hand holding.

I thought this was a younger child, what with the whole making a face as an icebreaker, it doesn't seem like the sort of thing you would do with a 17 yr old. And they said they enjoyed reading princess & adventure stories (I would have expected the eldest to have grown out of that or phrased it differently). Not the youngest but one of the middle girls?

The different understanding of the question makes sense though.

I keep reading speculation that Jana has not married because she wants to stay and protect the younger kids. But honestly, would she have a choice? If Boob and DQ wanted her married, she'd be married.

Unless I'm not giving them enough credit and they'd allow a child to choose.

How do I start a topic? PEOPLE just released a handful of articles related to the scandal at 5:20 pm . :think:

How do I start a topic? PEOPLE just released a handful of articles related to the scandal at 5:20 pm . :think:

I believe you need a certain amount of posts to create a new topic.

This People article cites freejinger. Haven't seen it posted yet. http://www.people.com/article/online-co ... olestation

When allegations that 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar molested five young girls resurfaced this week, fans of the TLC reality show were shocked. To the millions of viewers who've tuned in each week, the Duggars personified family values, from their strict rules about modesty to their dedication to religion.

The illusion was shattered Thursday, when Josh, 27, admitted he "acted inexcusably" as a teenager. But rumors of former Christian lobbyist's past are nothing new: They first surfaced online eight years ago. As Gawker's Defamer points out, a commenter called "Alice" recounted the allegations on a blog, ibiblio.org, in May 2007. Other sites such as FreeJinger.org have long cited Alice's comments.

Eight years ago, Alice gave a thorough and detailed account of events that are nearly identical to those outlined in the police report that became public this week:

"In January, the whole family went to Chicago and taped Oprah Winfrey show... As you may have noticed, that show never aired and it never will," Alice posted before delivering the bombshell that The Oprah Winfrey Show staffers had been told that Josh had molested five minor girls. Alice then wrote, "Yes, this is the truth ... They have been investigated to some length..."

On the subject of Josh's parents Jim Bob, 49 and Michelle, 48, Alice wrote "They have lied and lied about their son to protect him... In my eyes he is a CHILD MOLESTOR. HE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE HOME."

Alice went on to write, "If you don’t believe me, contact the Arkansas State Police Child Protection Agency in Bentonville, Ar. and the Washington County Child Protection Agency in Fayetteville. It will be worth the time and effort to read all about it... People, trust me or not. I know this for a fact. God's honest truth that the molestation happened. I could go into detail, but I won't. Of course, you can find nothing about the charges. The Duggar’s want to keep this hid. Wouldn’t you? They wouldn’t have the things that they do if it had gotten out earlier....

She continued, "They call their son “Precious Josh†and in their eyes he can do nothing wrong."

Alice's story has now been corroborated by the police report that In Touch unearthed last week. Winfrey and Harpo have not responded to PEOPLE's requests for comment and the police report was recently expunged.

Online Commenter Warned About Josh Duggar Molestation Accusations 8 Years Ago

"I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh said in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Josh has resigned from the Family Research Council, and TLC pulled 19 Kids and Counting off its schedule but has not officially canceled the reality show.

"We are deeply saddened and troubled by this heartbreaking situation, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims at this difficult time," the network said in a statement Friday.

In the meantime, Josh's parents and wife Anna are standing behind him.

"Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives," Jim Bob and Michelle told PEOPLE in a joint statement. "When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes, and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before."

"[i know] who Josh really is – someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended," said Anna, 26. "Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right."

The troubling thing is that we've known (for a fact, not rumor) about Jill's speeding ticket for two years. Someone had to dig for this, be told exactly what to ask for and how to get it, otherwise it would have been out years ago.

Start at who knew there was a police report. JB, Michelle, Josh, Jill, Jana, Joy, Jessa, Jinger, the molestercop friend, the investigator who did the summary, and the fifth victim (non family member). Assuming they didn't tell, who else in the Duggar circle knew and could tell? Grandma? One of the howlers? John David? It was someone who is in that compound now because I can't imagine JB letting anyone know that he actualy went to the police about this. Remember, he IS a politician. :popcorn2:

You only tell if a) you think it will happen again or b) getting even with Josh/JB/Michelle.

Thinking Jill, Jessa because they have an out. Seewald Sr. might talk a good game but if Benessa showed up on his doorstep he'd take them in. All Jerick have to do is move, he's got a degree and a job.

Is their show popular enough for the media to look the Bateseseseses up as well?

Possibly. OK Magazine reports on all of the Bates births. Now they're covering Brandon and Michaela's engagement. I think they announced their wedding date the same day that the police reports came about.

None of the Duggars were responsible for this. The rumour has been circling around on the internet for years. One of the comments even told doubters to check the police reports if they didn't believe it. All it would take is one of these reporters doing some digging, requesting the right info, and getting someone willing to release it. No inside Duggar conspiracy necessary.

I wonder if there will be a statement from Oprah/Harpo since they were instrumental way back in the reporting of this?

I also am curious to see how this will effect the Bateseses, their show, etc. Wasn't Joseph possibly living with them and attending college or was that never confirmed?

It's honestly really hard to accept that this long-standing "rumor" is, in fact, truth...but the one thing I've wanted for so long, A REAL AND HONEST LOOK AT THE DANGERS OF GOTHARD-ISM/QUIVERFULL AND OTHER RELATED MOVEMENTS IS FINALLY HAPPENING IN THE PUBLIC EYE. Didn't think I'd see the day, and I sure don't want five young women to have to relive unspeakable horrors to get my own personal justice.... :shock:

I'm so glad People was able to get out whatever deal they had with the Duggars and/or TLC to be able to start reporting this magnitude of their lifestyle - ATI, now the "Alice" posts from 8 years ago.

Possibly. OK Magazine reports on all of the Bates births. Now they're covering Brandon and Michaela's engagement. I think they announced their wedding date the same day that the police reports came about.

Just hoping they don't try to use this as a way to promote the Bateses as Duggars 2.0.

I wonder if there will be a statement from Oprah/Harpo since they were instrumental way back in the reporting of this?

I also am curious to see how this will effect the Bateseses, their show, etc. Wasn't Joseph possibly living with them and attending college or was that never confirmed?

Is Joseph still going to Clown College after this?

Just hoping they don't try to use this as a way to promote the Bateses as Duggars 2.0.

I don't think the Bateses are quite as well known. We've had about a decade of Duggars, and only a little bit of Bates. Also, the Bateses don't have the seem weird appeal of the Duggars- their children aren't robotic, and they don't seem as extreme (even though they are). Somehow, I just don't think enough people care.

Check out this blind item at the Blind Gossip site. It's interesting.

blindgossip.com/?p=71479

I would not be at all surprised to find out that this IS true. It makes sense. Josh buying the house, Josh looking terrible in recent months: weight gain, bloated, gray pallor, indifference, some mentioned possible depression...getting the ducks in a row.

I have read so many articles over the last few days. I find it interesting almost every article has a horrible picture of Josh up. He either looks tired, overweight, eyes half shut, creepy, or not shaven. The only decent pictures are when he when they have him standing next to a politician. A week ago almost every picture of Josh was a nice family shot or him clean cut in a suit. I can just imagine the people editing the articles, "Find the worse picture of Josh you can".

I have read so many articles over the last few days. I find it interesting almost every article has a horrible picture of Josh up. He either looks tired, overweight, eyes half shut, creepy, or not shaven. The only decent pictures are when he when they have him standing next to a politician. A week ago almost every picture of Josh was a nice family shot or him clean cut in a suit. I can just imagine the people editing the articles, "Find the worse picture of Josh you can".

This is a very good example how journalists try to influence people subtly. I bet the blogs and sites who defend him have much nicer pics up.

We are all posting The PEOPLE articles!

You need to reply to 75 posts before you are able to create a new topic. Perhaps you need to look at the terms of use again.

Hi, also a long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you, thank you for this page. When i saw the duggars were trending I came straight here. I knew you all would get it right. and it has taken me until just now to catch up. Sorry this is so long. I have shortened it all i could.

I agree that reaching out to the girls would probably hurt them more. This is why. My husband's first wife came from Fundies, loosely associated with the church Timothy Mcveigh belonged to. Different church, same small town fundie community. My husband married her the day she turned 18, secretly away from the family. He was the devil from that day on.

For four years during which time my husband and his ex had a son, her family tried to pull her back home. My husband and ex even moved several hours away to get away from them. Then one day my husband came home from nursing school and the whole house was empty. An immediate and very long custody battle ensued once his ex made it clear that she would not come back.

For the next 8 years my stepson was systematically abused. He was told his father was satan's minion and he was the spawn of satan's minion. I could go on but suffice it to say he suffered scarring abuse everyday. The only reason he was not beat, i believe is the ongoing custody battle.) In time he, like his mom before him began to rebel. One day, out of the blue, when he was 12 they dropped him off at my husbands house and said he's yours, we want nothing to do with him. Thank god.

Let me tell you something, the first thing my husband did was get him into therapy. He went to a therapist for years, and it all came out slowly. He never really got over it. When he was an adult even, he suffered severe depression. Any praise made him so uncomfortable. If you did praise him he would smile and say thank you but he would cast his eyes down and just get away as soon as he could. The only time he was truly happy was when he was working. A mans job and all that....He turned to Drugs and alcohol a lot.

When he was 26 he had a drug relapse. He stole some money from us and came to confess. That was big with him, whenever he messed up he always came straight to us to "confess". We had a fight. I had to go to work. My husband took me to work and came home to continue the conversation having cooled down. He found him then, single shotgun wound to the head. We will never be the same.

I share this because I blame his grandparents. That shotgun did not kill my beautiful stepson, those people did. I do also blame his mother but i also know how broken she is, she was cast out of the family eventually too and is in and out of psych hospitals and on so many psych meds she doesn't even know her name half the time. Yes, she allowed it, but they broke her first and then they broke him. and I think its like that for Josh and the duggars.

I am not excusing josh, y'all had me at 4 YEARS OLD. I blame him, yes i do. What he did makes me want to throw up. He is responsible for what he did. But the Duggars, i am borderline rageful at them....They were the indoctrinators....they set this stage and then they handled it as badly as anyone could have. and then they go on tv and look down their lilly white noses at all the sinners....THAT MAKES ME SICK!

Also, as far as writing the girls....i know my son would have been mortified if his past went public in such a spectacular way. it would have increased the shame because he believed always, no matter what any of us said that he was to blame, that he was somehow not good enough. He hid it well, he liked to make the world smile but those of us that really knew him, knew the sadness behind that smile. I think he would have been beyond mortified if strangers started filling up his inbox with support, he would have viewed it as pity and been very uncomfortable with that.

My prayers are with those girls. I can't imagine what they must be going through right now. To have what they view as their private shame be blowing up on the internet. It breaks my heart, all of it, what happened, that its so public now...all of it.

There is little that can be said to comfort you as you should be comforted. I'm sorry you had to lose him the way you did.

Archived