IGNORED

The record has been destroyed

DGayle

I'd like to know too, if you are willing to share more.

I want to know as well. Also I am not afraid of Jim

Bob

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know as well. Also I am not afraid of Jim

Bob

Color me curious.

My two cents about victims being outed is that as a victim I don't want to even think about everybody knowing what happened to me when I was a child. The truth is that while it protects the perpetrator to a certain extent it also protects the victim. It's hard enough to live with the fact it happened. And I had real medical and psychological help. I can't imagine Duggar version of counseling to help at all.

Something very sinister is going on here and I believe that this recent thing with Josh is just the tip of the iceberg. Jim Bob has many connections and I believe that the record has been destroyed through coercion IMO. Jim Bob and those connected with him do not want people to dig any deeper IMO.

Any chance she didn't really ask, and those sick fucks are using her as the excuse and claiming it's for her?

I'm afraid that's exactly what happened. And then, when one of the girls needs the file later on, for therapy or whatever, it will no longer be there.

When is somebody going to look after the interests of the girls instead of Jb, M and J? :angry-banghead:

Most of the regulars know about this, so I won't here. I will PM you to keep from taking this topic in a different direction.

Ok. I completely understand.

I believe a victim's right to privacy trumps any greater picture.

If the victims wanted to take this secret to their grave, then that is was what should have happened.

Without giving away details that aren't mine to give, knowing someone who went through it and handled it their own way, I tend to agree with you. I don't understand it, but it's not a choice for anyone but the victims to make.

Something very sinister is going on here and I believe that this recent thing with Josh is just the tip of the iceberg. Jim Bob has many connections and I believe that the record has been destroyed through coercion IMO. Jim Bob and those connected with him do not want people to dig any deeper IMO.

I have to say that a lot of things in this case do seem to be very fishy. I wonder what went on behind the scenes, cause I doubt too that this police report contains all that happend, it's probably just one big piece of the puzzle.

My understanding is that Josh was never charged with his crimes because the statute of limitations had run out.

Anyways, when someone has been not charged it is fairly common for them to be able to ask for their record to be expunged. When a criminal record is expunged typically the report associated is either sealed or destroyed. The victim is not able to ask that the record be expunged, just the accused perp who ultimately was never charged.

This is not a case of exceptionalism or state corruption. This is the norm. See this document for more information and remember Josh was acquitted http://www.arlegalservices.org/files/FS ... ment_0.pdf

The main problem is not expungement but that the girls did not report their crimes before the statute of limitations ran out. That of course can be faulted to JB & Michelle as well as all adults who know of these horrors

My understanding is that Josh was never charged with his crimes because the statute of limitations had run out.

Anyways, when someone has been not charged it is fairly common for them to be able to ask for their record to be expunged. When a criminal record is expunged typically the report associated is either sealed or destroyed. The victim is not able to ask that the record be expunged, just the accused perp who ultimately was never charged.

This is not a case of exceptionalism or state corruption. This is the norm. See this document for more information and remember Josh was acquitted http://www.arlegalservices.org/files/FS ... ment_0.pdf

The main problem is not expungement but that the girls did not report their crimes before the statute of limitations ran out. That of course can be faulted to JB & Michelle as well as all adults who know of these horrors

I'd say that waiting for the statue of limitations to run out would've been 100% JB's decision.

People say he loves his daughters. He can't love them all that much if he had his daughter's attacker living with them for years.

That vague statement has me interested as well.

Mine too. #nosy

But on topic - How can they just close it like that? Isn't multiple sexual assaults reported to a police officer who didn't even file a report an investigation in itself, even with the statute of limitations up? Wtf is wrong with Arkansas?

Mine too. #nosy

But on topic - How can they just close it like that? Isn't multiple sexual assaults reported to a police officer who didn't even file a report an investigation in itself, even with the statute of limitations up? Wtf is wrong with Arkansas?

add me too. Would like to know. Thanks

Mine too. #nosy

Imagine someone was accused of stealing something and so the police show up and make a report but the accused didn't actually steal it so they are acquitted. Now the accused doesn't want people to be able to look up this whole mess about them that isn't even true...so they ask for their criminal record to be expunged and thus the associated reports are sealed.

In this scenario it is very easy to see how this function of the law is great! If I was accused of something I didn't do I would want all of that sealed.

However since we know Josh is guilty we are upset the record was expunged...yet because he was acquitted this is natural. What we should truly be upset about is that the adults allowed the statute of limitations to run out. Maybe we should also be upset that the SOL is only 3 years. There are possibly other people who knew of the abuse like the Holts (see thread on Josh's courtship before Anna, helpfully necro'd by someone)

But the police report is out in the open - the internet is forever right? At least it's out there for the world to see... Considering their desperation to cover it up, they are such morons for not destroying this evidence sooner. This info has just been sitting there expired for years and years.

Holy crap. I didn't expect my one little comment to gain this much traction. I wouldn't have posted if I had thought that.

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=18941&hilit=fmj+Springdale&start=300

That is where you will find what I was talking about. I realize now what my mistake was, although it still wasn't illegal. I had a court appointed lawyer and he said I should plead guilty because Jim Bob Duggar has too much power and I will never win.

That is what I meant by my comment.

I do have someone on the inside who will get all of the letters to give to the Duggar girls but I will not name that person.

But the police report is out in the open - the internet is forever right? At least it's out there for the world to see... Considering their desperation to cover it up, they are such morons for not destroying this evidence sooner. This info has just been sitting there expired for years and years.

Yes the police report has been seen by us. Plus he admitted to doing it. There could be other reports related to the incident which are now sealed. Sealing documents is I believe the main motivation for requesting the expungement.

Agreed someone should have advised them to do it sooner. But considering JB's politician campaigns maybe he didn't want to make waves in the courts. Who knows. All speculation. Obviously he was so adamant to win he didn't care to have his son charged for heinous crimes and lose face. JB has (what I perceive to be an obvious) fear of returning to his childhood poverty so perhaps as sick as it is this was his motivation to shove molestation under the rug. The pursuit of the dollar

Holy crap. I didn't expect my one little comment to gain this much traction. I wouldn't have posted if I had thought that.

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=18941&hilit=fmj+Springdale&start=300

That is where you will find what I was talking about. I realize now what my mistake was, although it still wasn't illegal. I had a court appointed lawyer and he said I should plead guilty because Jim Bob Duggar has too much power and I will never win.

That is what I meant by my comment.

I do have someone on the inside who will get all of the letters to give to the Duggar girls but I will not name that person.

WOW! But it doesn't surprise me. I believe someone (mostly from Gothard) reads here. They are probably paid to and report back daily.

I put the link on Wikipedia yesterday (evening time stateside) and checked today to see if it was still up, and it is. I doubt Wikipedia will remove the link to the record, and that is a highly traffic site.

Josh may have not faced justice from the state, but he will have to answer for what he did in other ways... The internet does not forgive or forget.

I put the link on Wikipedia yesterday (evening time stateside) and checked today to see if it was still up, and it is. I doubt Wikipedia will remove the link to the record, and that is a highly traffic site.

Josh may have not faced justice from the state, but he will have to answer for what he did in other ways... The internet does not forgive or forget.

Someday Josh will have to answer to God, that is what I keep telling myself.

My earlier post disappeared, I think.

Does anybody else wonder if Boob made the police record disappear because TLC could have used it as a reason to cancel the show?

It is remotely possible that Noy wasn't just asked by her parents to do this... That she really wanted it done for privacys sake. It's not like he can be charged anyway.

I really think that, in the case of sex crimes, the statute of limitations just needs to fickin die.

Archived