IGNORED

Anyone watching TLC's "7 Little Johnstons?"

tulip

The episodes are up on YouTube and I stumbled across them and watched the first 4 episodes.

Is anyone else watching this? What's the general opinion?

I only can comment on my opinion. I cannot stand the youngest Kid. The mom even said that kid runs the house. He makes me glad to not have kids. That's about all I got.

I only can comment on my opinion. I cannot stand the youngest Kid. The mom even said that kid runs the house. He makes me glad to not have kids. That's about all I got.

Yeah. Maybe it's just me, but he seems a lot younger (more immature) than 9!

That show rubs me the wrong way and I cannot explain why. I just don't like them. Or their kids.

The only good thing about the show is that, when it comes on, I know it's time to finally turn off the tv and go to bed!! :lol:

That show rubs me the wrong way and I cannot explain why. I just don't like them. Or their kids.

The only good thing about the show is that, when it comes on, I know it's time to finally turn off the tv and go to bed!! :lol:

EXACTLY!!!

I love Bill & Jen of The Little Couple. But the rest of the families that TLC has picked for their "little people obsession" has just turned me off.

I have seen a few episodes. My take on Amber and Trent is that they are more likable than a couple like Matt and Amy Roloff. But like others here something about them rubs me the wrong way. I hate to sound mean, but I get the feeling they are doing this show for money and the home renovation. I get shades of Duggar from them.

I liked them better during their first show on OWN. Now the show seems manufactured. They claim to be flat broke renovating the house, yet eat take out for almost every meal, go on a nice ski trip and Trent suddenly finds an extra thousand bucks to buy her a dishwasher(when she claims they never give birthday gifts).

I go back and forth on the family. The are better then some TLC families and do seem to care about each other. I could do without the sex talk between the parents. They got mad at Anna for texting a boy at 15 but the mom and dad are sexting about 50 shades of grey and Anna is reading it! and then the parents sneak off for a quickie during the middle of the day. I think Anna will have issues because of the filming especially her school issues.

My feeling is they took the show to get the house done. They married as teens and only the dad works at a maintinece job. They are trying to pay cash for the remodel and in the first year only managed to have 1 bathroom and 2 bedrooms done. The house is 6000 sq ft so without TLC I bet the house would not be finished before the oldest 3 move out! When they said the gas bill was $420 for one month I wondered why did they sell a 4 bedroom home to buy a total gut job fixer when they have 3 teens(that all need braces and surgeries) and they have so little disposable income.

The show doesn't get the best ratings considering the Duggar lead in. They lose at least 50% of the Duggar viewers but I bet it gets renewed. I also think they will adopt more kids in the future. Amber has helped place over 150 kids with dwarfism from overseas with families through her church systems. I can see in the next 5 years if they finish that house and have 8 bedrooms and 2-3 kids leave for college, and Amber is 40-43, they might easily adopt 2-3 more kids over the age of 5.

I've been watching it, there are some parts that are quite interesting. I also read their story on adoption site and it was nice reading. I do wonder about the youngest though, I really hope they are just portraying him acting that way, because he seems a bit obnoxious. I could not deal with that. The girl who is just older than him seems very sweet. It will be interesting to see if this show lasts.

I prefer the sex talk to the "modest" dry humping.

The youngest I was adopted at 6 months. He was the only baby they adopted. He has been spoiled with attention.

I watched the first one and thought 'meh'. Then last week I changed over to TLC and caught the last couple of minutes. I was just in time to hear Trent, who was driving , call someone a "hee-haw ass looking mother f*****" :lol:

I like him!

I watched one episode and I liked it, but I cracked up because she was talking about their first adoption where she called him up and declared she had found their child and his response was, I didn't know we had lost one.

LPA has advocate for little people needing adoptive homes worldwide in ways NO other medical needs community has been able to rally. She is one of the main LPA adoption advocates. I would honestly guess her motivation for the show has far more to do with getting visibility for more little people needing homes than any personal monetary gain. I know her reputation as an adoption advocate. She's a tough nut, and many children who were at risk and would have languished have been helped. And LPA has expanded their humanitarian work beyond adoption advocacy at this point to getting in country support for little people worldwide. I would guess TLCs obsession with little people is that they have a distinct culture and community and unlike the deaf community would let TLC inside that world.

Re watched a few episodes. TLC is messing with their timeline. It makes thing seem disconnected.

I watched the show a few times. I prefer The Little Couple though!

I also like The Little Couple more.

TLC seems to be exploring having different little people families. They also had Our Little Family and I watched a couple of episodes. The family seemed ok, but the wife kind of got on my nerves for some reason.

Back when the Roloffs had their first show, there was gossip that TLC wanted to do a reality show on the Foos family. The Foos family is a little person family that lives in northern California. The parents and all the kids had dwarfism. TLC/Discovery did two documentaries on that family. One of the kids in that family also had a form of autism and that might be a reason why that family never did a regular series.

Watched a couple episodes. The family seems to really care about each other and since they are "new" they are interesting. However TLC is putting them through the tired, worn out formula we have seen with the Duggars, Goslins, Honey Boo Boo etc... How many trips to a farm can we find entertaining?

The youngest boy is more obnoxious that the fictional child "Lilly" in "Modern Family". I agree with other posters he seems a lot more like a smart ass six year old than a nine year old kid. I stopped watching after two episodes because I wanted to reach through the screen and give him several dozen time-outs. :pull-hair:

I can't watch them because the commercials alone make me want to pull my hair out and stab my ears out with a fork. Their voices get on my nerves. I also couldn't stand Matt Roloff's voice.

Watched a couple episodes. The family seems to really care about each other and since they are "new" they are interesting. However TLC is putting them through the tired, worn out formula we have seen with the Duggars, Goslins, Honey Boo Boo etc... How many trips to a farm can we find entertaining?

:pull-hair:

Indeed, How MANY Hey! let's be chicken farmer's! story lines can we watch? :roll: Someone please get the youngest one, Alex, some manners, stat.

Archived