IGNORED

Gay rights are like the 3rd Reich, says antigay preacher

lawlifelgbt

So I have a classmate from school that was a huge bully, but then found God and apologized. He became a pastor in East End, Cayman Islands, where he leads the new East End Church of Christ. He posted this sermon publicly to SoundCloud today. Link here: :shock: https://m.soundcloud.com/daniel-mayfiel ... cred-union

I could only listen to about 15 minutes, but about 10-12 minutes in, he refers to me (not by name thank God), and proceeds to damn me in the next breath. Not only that, he compares Christians in today's more pro-gay world to persecuted Christians under the Third Reich.

What do you all think? I also think you can comment on Soundcloud streams, so that might be possible here. I also have his public Facebook profile, plus email and phone number off that profile, but I am not sure what is okay to post here.

IMO, this kind of hate is way worse than the spitballs he used to throw in Spanish class.

I've been gone for a few days and just checked in to see if anything interesting is up. This counts! I can't listen to it right now, but I will definitely do so tomorrow. I didn't want to wait until then to say that this guy sounds like a real jerk. So much for his big religious conversion making him a better person.

This must have been really upsetting to find. I know I would be upset if I found that my high school bully damned me. I think he's still a bully and enjoys hurting people because it makes him feel like a big man. Please don't let his cruel words get to you; he's wrong!

I'm sorry, lawlifelgbt, I can't listen. Is this creature's initials L. S.?

I'm not sure which makes the Cayman Islands more money, the off shore banking crap or tourism. I'll assume the banking. Can we get the word out about not traveling to the Cayman Islands and why? I have been to Grand Cayman twice. I'm wondering who the hell goes to church.

I send you and your wife hugs. My three darling cats send you head butts, leg rubs and purrs. Hug your wife and your fur baby (do you have two? I don't remember).

Yes - granting universal rights to people who are doing no harm is exactly the same as serving a genocidal dictatorship.

The idiot who said that - may his tongue shrivel and fall out.

ETA: The NSDAP persecuted homosexuals - but hey, what are facts when you can win converts and sycophantic boot-lickers by lying to them about the nature of a 'vile enemy' where there really isn't one?

Did that wanker just tell me that "banana" means the same goddamn thing through time and location?

A: The dominant banana in US stores prior to the 1950s was the the Gros Michel. They look kind of like Cavendish, but not exactly. http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/bananas.asp

B: Modern bananas are by no means all yellow, thick peeled, sweet, or... or anything. The KP Market here has at least a half dozen varieties just of bananas at any given time, another few of plantains, and none of them look or taste alike. They range from very sweet to starchy like a potato, very large to finger-length, long and slender to stubby, and anywhere from pale green to gold to dark maroon with all shades in between.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
He's obviously and totally wrong about everything. But if you're going to make a fruit analogy... at least get it right? As it is, well, apples sound pretty damn close to bananas!

Which, I mean, not genetically (apples are close to roses) but there's some truth to that- an apple-growing territory up the highway from me grows a couple dozen different apple breeds including lots of heirloom types. Apple varieties come in everything from starchy to candy-sweet, vary quite a lot in size and peel thickness, lots of colors, even mature in different months.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I can't even express how pissed I am on a non-pedantic level. My great-uncle and his husband are gay, aunt and her wife are gay, my cousin is gay, many of my friends are gay/bi, some of my friends are trans, I'm bi. I suppose you could argue that I'm evil, but my friends and relatives are all very nice people. Many of them are Christian.

I suppose I'm especially cranky this weekend because my whole family is from Indiana- my parents met at Purdue, my mother's family is from LaGrange County and my father's family is from Delphi.

So he did read (no, is still reading!) a book about D. Bonhoeffer and decided to write a "Sermon" . About teh ebil gayz. And he also googled Webster´s Dictionary to look up the meaning of the word marriage.

Aha.

A classic "sumthing, sumthing... and H*tler!" provided by complete idiot, I´d say.

@lawlifelgbt, were your highschool teachers generally not so stellar or did he just fail all his history and english classes on his own?

Anyway, feel :hug:, what a terrible thing to discover!

Edited for: my Notebook hates me today. And spell check

Yes, I will pet my two fur babies! They are so cute today. His name is Daniel Mayfield, and like I said, I have more information but I don't want to give too much info in case it looks like a "doxxing", because that would be bad considering I am being investigated to take the bar exam.

I don't know how history and English were for him because he wasn't on the AP track like I was. Most teachers were good, my mom included. We don't get along but she was a very effective educator!

My friend agrees about the apples, and said, "I should email and say: Those sinful green apples!!! Don’t they know they are supposed to be RED?! How DARE they go against God’s will! And those yellow ones?! DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THOSE PINK ONES. THEY ARE MOST OFFENSIVE TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!" I laughed so hard.

I listened through the part where he talked about you. He has an awkward way of speaking. You are certainly found. "She finds herself of the lesbian orientation" and "her and her partner happen to find themselves in a legally binding contract".

How did you happen to find yourselves in a legally binding contract? Did you stumble upon it one day? :lol:

I usually try to be nice, but I'll make an exception to that rule today. His eye teeth are too long which makes him sort of look like a vampire.

I also thought that was so awkward! It reminds me (I'm a law student), of when I get suddenly called on and am stumbling through my book.

Yes, definitely. I just tripped. Over a wedding cake. And it's marriage. I guess he reeeeaalllly doesn't like that we're on equal legal footing with him now in most states. :nenner:

Just wanted to add- yesterday, while driving home, I told my wife what he had said. And hell hath no fury like her when she's angry- sometimes she even scares her six-foot-seven older brother! She's drafting an email telling him to apologize and to NEVER make an example of us again.

She's definitely one to have on my side. That is to say, I'd never want to end up against her in any context! She is going to destroy him. :popcorn2:

Archived