IGNORED

Jessa before jinger

Daisy0322

Who said that? JB told People Magazine that Jana hasn't found the right guy.

Like JB and People are pillars of accurate information.

I really want someone to ask that question at one of their next public appearances. I want someone to say:

Is, JD, a man of nearly 26 years, still sharing a bedroom with his little brothers. Why do things like this never get asked of these people. Straight on, no wiggle room to hem or haw.

I realize that the questions they get asked are probably vetted ahead of time, but what prevents a person from pretending they are going to ask an approved question, and then just pulling a different one out instead. If they are in a room full of people, they will have to answer. If they don't it just really looks like they are being deceitful.

It actually wouldn't be that bad for them. They could lie. They could make a joke. They could just not answer the question with one of their non-responses, which could be, we believe that you shouldn't push a child out just because they are 18. (said more homier and godlier than I put it.) Does that mean JD lives there? Maybe/ Maybe not. Just because you can ask a question, doesn't mean you get to follow-up or ask for clarification. Also at these events, the majority are people that are fans, so what they say will be applauded, criticism booed.

I think it's WEIRDER (if what Jchelle says is true) that JD owns a house that he rents out (so he can "build a nest egg"), but still lives in the TTH.

He's a 25 yo who works outside the TTH, homeowner that still shares a bedroom with 10 yo Jackson & the rest of his brothers (no offense Jackson)

I highly doubt that JD is living at the TTH, but I don't think they can come out and say that because it would make the fact that Jana, his twin, is still living there and taking care of all the children look really strange. The JD/Jana dichotomy is basically a microcosmic example of the difference in treatment between girls and boys in the Duggar family. So sad.

Actually, Jana, probably for the first time in her life, has it pretty good right now.

Jana spent most of her life raising and caring for her mother's babies and children. If she gets married, she goes right back to doing that again.

But in the TTH, the youngest is 5. Almost all of the kids are basically old enough to take care of their basic needs with supervision and guidance. No diapers. No waking up in the middle of the night. Just checking in on everyone from time to time, and there are plenty of other grown siblings to help with that.

For the first time in her life, Jana probably has time to relax and have hobbies. Plus, the Duggars are well off now, so there's no financial worry. Even if she married well, she'd probably have slightly leaner times ahead as they start out than what JB can provide right now.

If I was Jana, I would be in no rush to "find the right guy". Barring an escape, you know that within a year of marriage, she'll have a baby and probably continue to always have a child in diapers until her fertile years are over. She knows this too. So why rush into it when life in her parent's house is finally easy?

I doubt Jana has it that easy. SOMEONE in that house is cooking meals and doing laundry for 15+ people, and it sure isn't Michelle or Jim Bob. The boys probably get stuck with chores like cleaning the bathrooms, but probably not much more than that.

That much laundry and cooking alone could take up a huge part of your day, and it's probably all on Jana and Jinger now. I mean, yeah, maybe they have a bit more free time not raising babies - that's true. But they're still running a household. I doubt many parents with even 2 or 3 kids between 5 and 18 would say it's "easy." A 13 year old might not need you to wipe their ass anymore but they still need your supervision so they don't get into all sorts of trouble.

True, eho2, but I think Georgiana makes a good point too. I posted something similar to this awhile back. Compared to her life 3-5 years ago, Jana may feel that her load is much lighter now. I think they bring in someone to do the homeschooling, if it is done at all, and as far as we know, Grandma Duggar is still doing most of the laundry. The littles can now do basic things for themselves, though they are still at that age of needing to be reminded to brush their teeth, take a bath, etc.

If Jana works as sort of office manager to the home business, answering the phone, the mail, etc, she may actually be learning some other skills. She might be doing some of the paper work involved for the rentals, she may be helping to manage the family budget, etc. Those could be turned into marketable skills if she did decide to work outside the home.

I don't get the impression that she is the main cook. It seemed that was more Jill and possibly Joy. Now I feel like I have seen Jinger cooking, Joy making the bread, and of course the token boy here or there cooking as well.

I don't think that any of us think that Jana has a life on easy street, and I think she still has a lions share of the responsibility for the little kids, but I think things have gotten a bit easier than 5 years ago.

I also stick to my premise that part of why Jana stays is because she worries what would happen to the little ones if she left. She must realize that Michelle is not overly involved as a mom by now, and she probably worries that if she left, those little girls would be lost.

Actually, Jana, probably for the first time in her life, has it pretty good right now.

Jana spent most of her life raising and caring for her mother's babies and children. If she gets married, she goes right back to doing that again.

But in the TTH, the youngest is 5. Almost all of the kids are basically old enough to take care of their basic needs with supervision and guidance. No diapers. No waking up in the middle of the night. Just checking in on everyone from time to time, and there are plenty of other grown siblings to help with that.

For the first time in her life, Jana probably has time to relax and have hobbies. Plus, the Duggars are well off now, so there's no financial worry. Even if she married well, she'd probably have slightly leaner times ahead as they start out than what JB can provide right now.

If I was Jana, I would be in no rush to "find the right guy". Barring an escape, you know that within a year of marriage, she'll have a baby and probably continue to always have a child in diapers until her fertile years are over. She knows this too. So why rush into it when life in her parent's house is finally easy?

I completely agree!

Archived