IGNORED

Ben Carson: Being Gay Is A Choice

JMarie

I can't wait to see what Saint Rachel says about this.

nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/dr-ben-carson-argues-being-gay-absolutely-choice-n317321

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if being gay is a choice is being straight a choice? So is that why legislation is anti-gay or else the homophobes would be married to the same sex?

I love this random woman and I love her sign. Even if being gay is a choice, SO THE FUCK WHAT?

You know what DEFINITELY IS a choice?

RELIGION! And using your ass-backwards religious beliefs (WHICH YOU CHOSE) to discriminate against others. Especially when YOUR OWN CHOICES (religious beliefs) ARE protected under anti-discrimination laws.

post-3991-14451999988926_thumb.jpg

Ugh, and he says he's running for president. He has also said that Obamacare is "the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery."

People like him are the worst kind of homophobics. If someone hates me cause I'm a lesbian, I can deal. But if someone claims that being gay is a choice, I could seriously strangle them. It couldn't be more far away from the truth.

These assholes have no idea how many gay people spend years and years wishing nothing more than that they were straight.

Cause then, they wouldn't have to worry about real persecution by the government in some countries, that their own parents will disown them or that they, even in the most progressive countries, will still be hated and demonized by a lot of people just because of their sexuality. Being gay is still a challenge, in some countries far more than in others, I don't know why those idiots think that all those people would willingly choose to make their life so much more difficult.

I read a few weeks ago that World News Daily was shocked -- shocked, I tell you -- to discover that most PACs are money-making scams and very little of the cash is used to elect conservative candidates. I wonder if Carson is basically just making noise about running for president so he can get his fans/victims/gullible marks to donate money to a PAC that will go directly into his pockets. I don't doubt that he believes all the crazy stuff he says, but I don't see him as a serious presidential candidate. Plus, Carson is a Seventh Day Adventist and to many conservative Protestants, that's the wrong kind of fundie. Then again, they got in lock-step behind Mitt Romney, so maybe spouting right-wing talking points is all that matters.

Ugh, and he says he's running for president. He has also said that Obamacare is "the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery."

Sarcastic voice

So you're telling me because of Obamacare makes people unable to earn money for working, people are raped and beaten, eat subpar food if any, and live in awful living conditions?

Sarcastic voice

So you're telling me because of Obamacare makes people unable to earn money for working, people are raped and beaten, eat subpar food if any, and live in awful living conditions?

Based on what I know about American conservatism, Carson probably means that giving poor people things they don't have to work for ruins their work ethic and makes them slaves of the government. Because in bizarro-land, it's better for people to die than have health insurance provided for them. :cray-cray:

WHY in hell would I be gay then?

Being gay is the reason why, in my twenties and in a position where most people still need/want their parents, we're like the two Koreas at the DMZ.

Being gay is a huge part of the reason my wife and I have such financial struggles, since my parents generally won't help even when they can.

Being gay is the reason I was once attacked.

Being gay is the reason I could be left to die by the side of the road, or not be allowed to see my seriously injured spouse, in some states, because of nonrecognition or someone's "conscience."

Being gay means being told to put up with people who oppose my right to have a family because "it's just an opinion."

Being gay means almost never showing any affection at all in public, and being stared or shouted at when we do.

Being gay means having to come out almost daily.

I now feel I'm this way because God wants me to be this way, but honestly, if it were a choice, I probably would have chosen to be straight. It would just be so much easier.

Yep, he said that and he does have some supporters in the GOP. I don't think he will get far up there in the GOP. Some Republicans will find him too extreme much like Rick Santorum.

Oh Jesus H.... Don't get me started on Ben Fucking Carson. I don't think he will go far in his presidential bid but it will be interesting to see wha they say about him being SDA and it will also be interesting to see how SDA subculture reacts to it. He is a mini-diety in SDA subculture although his politics are batshit crazy. I don't think many SDAs have been privy to much of what he has said (like the parts about TEH GHEYZ and the great unwashed, unvaccinated Disneyland-visiting Mexicans, etc) outside of his interesting books about, you know, MEDICINE.

If it were a choice I would choose to be gay.. I've always wanted a wife! Someone who organizes shit and makes banana bread and does laundry...to stay at home with the kids... :)

Yeah I'm generalizing but you get what I mean. I get along so well with my best friend, it would be perfect if we could just choose to be gay.

And people don't come out of prison having been turned gay...never mind, I can't even begin to address this nonsense.

I agree, Rachel Maddow is awesome! I kind of have a woman crush on her. Which was fine, until I said the wrong name at an...inopportune...time. :embarrassed:

I don't think he'll get far if he does decide to run. He's never held a political office, and has no international experience. He's had a rather focused career, much like 2012's candidate Herman Cain.

If it were a choice I would choose to be gay.. I've always wanted a wife! Someone who organizes shit and makes banana bread and does laundry...to stay at home with the kids... :)

Yeah I'm generalizing but you get what I mean. I get along so well with my best friend, it would be perfect if we could just choose to be gay.

And people don't come out of prison having been turned gay...never mind, I can't even begin to address this nonsense.

I have always wanted to be a gay man. No idea why. It seems like inside somewhere, I am! I would almost say I was a gay man in another life and I miss it! :lol:

WHY in hell would I be gay then?

Being gay is the reason why, in my twenties and in a position where most people still need/want their parents, we're like the two Koreas at the DMZ.

Being gay is a huge part of the reason my wife and I have such financial struggles, since my parents generally won't help even when they can.

Being gay is the reason I was once attacked.

Being gay is the reason I could be left to die by the side of the road, or not be allowed to see my seriously injured spouse, in some states, because of nonrecognition or someone's "conscience."

Being gay means being told to put up with people who oppose my right to have a family because "it's just an opinion."

Being gay means almost never showing any affection at all in public, and being stared or shouted at when we do.

Being gay means having to come out almost daily.

I now feel I'm this way because God wants me to be this way, but honestly, if it were a choice, I probably would have chosen to be straight. It would just be so much easier.

You and your wife are amazing. I wish this country was better, but please know people are in your corner. And you just celebrated your first anniversary with the woman you love. Hurray!!

PS. I hate that man and all others like him.

Oh Jesus H.... Don't get me started on Ben Fucking Carson. I don't think he will go far in his presidential bid but it will be interesting to see wha they say about him being SDA and it will also be interesting to see how SDA subculture reacts to it. He is a mini-diety in SDA subculture although his politics are batshit crazy. I don't think many SDAs have been privy to much of what he has said (like the parts about TEH GHEYZ and the great unwashed, unvaccinated Disneyland-visiting Mexicans, etc) outside of his interesting books about, you know, MEDICINE.

I'm pretty ostracized from the SDA comunity, which I'm almost regretting because I really want to know how people are reacting to it.

Though I'm pretty sure most of them aren't focused on Carson right now, what with the general conference session coming up. Subject: women's ordination. The review and herald has been publishing a lot of articles on church unity lately, and I think this has a lot to do with it.

I don't think most SDAs will be thinking hat much about Carson till after that happens.

we all feel so much better now. :trainwreck:

Let the presidential race start see who out stupids the other. Should take bets on this.

Not this idiot again... :roll: I tell you what else is a choice, being a bigoted homophone. Nobody is born that way. You choose to absorb that crap and build it into your belief system.

Being gay is not a choice, being an ignorant asshole is and in Dr. Carson's case it can't be blamed on an inadequate education like Smuggar, for example.

Not this idiot again... :roll: I tell you what else is a choice, being a bigoted homophone. Nobody is born that way. You choose to absorb that crap and build it into your belief system.

I'd totally choose to be a homophone ;)

Who takes this ass seriously? He's not going to succeed anyway. He's just an ass. And what if someone told him being black is a choice? Or he should go to jail and see if it's true. I know some prisons have an alternative lifestyle unit, he would fit right in since being gay is a choice.

Archived