IGNORED

Duggar Family Album - New Photos Are Up!

ladeedum

Oh my, the picture of Jill with that burger - IT'S A CHEESEBURGER! No Pork, but mixing meat and dairy is ok? What kind of faux-jews are they, anyways?

I'm pretty sure that this all about what Gothard likes and doesn't like. He probably doesn't personally enjoy pork so he insists that his followers shouldn't eat it, but he probably likes cheeseburgers so they're fine. It's the same reason that wavy hair on women (not straight, not curly) is considered the best. It's what Gothard likes personally.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, perhaps if Smugger's clothing weren't so mismatched and ill-fitting, he'd look better. Did he raid the little boys' closet for that ugly, four sizes too small T-shirt? And the crocs, oh my...

Most street people probably wouldn't be caught dead in an ensemble like that.

Wonder what pearls of wisdom tumbled from that pampered bumpkin's mouth?

True dat. My fave street preacher (trust me, we have plenty, but it's not Duggar variety stuff) was a dapper black guy who wore a white polyester disco suit, red shirt and a fedora with a matching red carnation. He was never without his bible or boom box (this was the 80's/90's). This guy cut a wide swath along the bus line between Oakland and Bezerkeley. I haven't seen him for a long time; I guess he's gone on to that big disco ball in the sky.

We have a screamer around campus these days; he's dull, but the Tuesday lunchtime guy who hangs out further into campus is a hoot. Pity I'm no longer around that part of campus when he and his hair color of the week are performing.

Oh my, the picture of Jill with that burger - IT'S A CHEESEBURGER! No Pork, but mixing meat and dairy is ok? What kind of faux-jews are they, anyways?

The Duggars don't eat pork? They keep kosher? I could swear I've seen them cooking bacon and sausage. Am I missing something?

Nell

The Duggars don't eat pork? They keep kosher? I could swear I've seen them cooking bacon and sausage. Am I missing something?

Nell

They say on the show that it is turkey bacon and that is how they get away with it.

They say on the show that it is turkey bacon and that is how they get away with it.

I'm sure learning a lot here in 2 days. So what's the reason for not eating pork if you aren't Jewish or Muslim? For some reason if I eat pork as in pork loin, roast, or chops I get very nauseated and usually vomit but I can eat ham and bacon. So I don't eat what makes me sick but eat what doesn't. But why would Christians have a religious objection to pork? :?

Nell

Guest Anonymous
I'm pretty sure that this all about what Gothard likes and doesn't like. He probably doesn't personally enjoy pork so he insists that his followers shouldn't eat it, but he probably likes cheeseburgers so they're fine. It's the same reason that wavy hair on women (not straight, not curly) is considered the best. It's what Gothard likes personally.

I will take an unholy pleasure in flat ironing my hair from this day forward.

Yes they spend the extra money for it and the extra money for all beef hotdogs and check every label for pork ingredients. what a joke.

I'm sure learning a lot here in 2 days. So what's the reason for not eating pork if you aren't Jewish or Muslim? For some reason if I eat pork as in pork loin, roast, or chops I get very nauseated and usually vomit but I can eat ham and bacon. So I don't eat what makes me sick but eat what doesn't. But why would Christians have a religious objection to pork? :?

Nell

The Duggars tend to take a lot of their beliefs from the Old Testament. Since the OT forbids the eating of the pig, the Duggars follow this.

I swear we've seen them eat pepperoni before.

Oh, well now that just doesn't count! Besides, I doubt they know what kind of meat is in pepperoni. I know I don't. :)

Actually Gothard does teach against it, but not even he follows his own teachings. When I was at EXCEL a woman gave a speech and told the story of inviting Gothard for dinner. She had just heard him give a lecture on not mixing meat and dairy, so she went out of her way to make sure that there were dishes he could eat. He ate all the dishes that mixed meat with dairy, didn't even try the things she made especially for him and gushed on about how great the food was. She was rather annoyed. I'm surprised they let her tell this story, unless they didn't know she was going to.

Archived