IGNORED

Dilbert Creator says "Rape is a Natural Male Instinct"

Alecto

I had decided to stop reading Dilbert after I read about his whole sock-puppet fiasco, but this is the nail in his coffin. This guy is supposedly a Mensa-level genius??? :naughty:

For the record, I was approached by Mensa to join them many years ago based off my IQ alone(it is 175) so just because someone has a high IQ doesn't make them any smarter than the rest of the world. Look at me, I have a higher IQ but I post stuff like a monkey high on pepsi and candy bars. I am the very proof that high IQ doesn't mean educated or using common sense, it just means that I would be able to learn at different rate. Now, I am going to go find my pepsi and see if we have any candy bars.

Well gee, men have no self-control, huh? If that were truly the case, then how come I'm not seeing the sidewalks, streets and area businesses day in and day out littered with men raping every woman that crosses their path?

Whether he's trolling or not, the spouting of this disgusting nonsense makes me sick. And if the already idiot notion of patriarchy needed any more invalidation, there you have it. Do we really want leaders who are incapable of controlling themselves? Boggles the mind, man, boggles the mind.

For the record, I was approached by Mensa to join them many years ago based off my IQ alone(it is 175) so just because someone has a high IQ doesn't make them any smarter than the rest of the world. Look at me, I have a higher IQ but I post stuff like a monkey high on pepsi and candy bars. I am the very proof that high IQ doesn't mean educated or using common sense, it just means that I would be able to learn at different rate. Now, I am going to go find my pepsi and see if we have any candy bars.

Just don't make that pepsi into an idol, now.

I used to think Dilbert was kind of funny, but now it seems like the same old jokes.

I always found it interesting that Dilbert's tie is, ahem, semi-erect, and wondered what that was all about.

The mind, it boggles. Any decent man out there will be just as infuriated by this as women. This is what really gets to me with the fundie gals claiming that we're all jealous of their manly men. Um, no. I think it's the other way around. They should be jealous of me. My husband doesn't feel threatened by having a strong, intelligent wife or by having a female boss, nor does he require the women in his surroundings to dress in ugly frumpers to keep him from assaulting them. Sometimes it seems that the fundie movement infantilizes men more than women.

I think many of them do see this, though they will never admit to us (or even themselves in most cases).

Isn't odd then that rape is so rare among other species? Sure, it certainly does happen, but no more often than it does among humans. You'd think that animals with no self control would just be raping machines if it really were so evolutionary beneficial.

Not to defend Scott Adams, but as a long time keeper of barnyard poultry, I can tell you that rape among animals is pretty common. Really, when your rooster goes after a duck, or another rooster, or a barn cat, it's not about sex, it's about dominance. Likewise when my female dog decides the cats need disciplining.

Most natural instincts of women are "legal and acceptable?" Exactly what is he referring to? Honest question. Does he mean things like breastfeeding in public?

So... he's saying that society should change to make sexual harassment and rape legal and condoned? I'm asking honestly, because that's what I got out of it but my brain refuses to believe that someone would actually write such a thing and then put it on the internet. :?

What a jerk. I saw him speak at a conference once and he was very funny, and he likes cats. I always thought people who are funny and like cats are pretty good people - guess that is not all it takes.

Do you think I should stop believing in they flying spaghetti monster, too?

did anyone hate "Cathy" as much as me? Ack!

Yes!!!!!!! Ugh.

I always thought there was something "off" about Adams. Now I can see my thoughts were not without merit. What a fuckwit!

Ladies:it is ok to no longer wish to read Dilbert after his creator's asshattery. It is just natural feminine instinct.

I'll be sure to let him know that when he gets his thing hacked off by an angry rape victim brandishing a rusty axe that there's nothing to worry about as it's simply a natural instinct.

I used to be a huge Dilbert fan. Ugh.

Most men can handle their "natural instincts" just fine. The one's who can't should seek help before they do something very bad.

I hate it when creeps like Scott Adams try to justify messed up behavior like rape. Rape is not normal. Assault is not normal. Harrassment is not normal. It is ignored or overlooked or excused, but it is not normal.

Sometimes I wonder if guys like Rep. Weiner (snerk) use sex as a way to deal with the stress of their high profile positions. So many of these guys wind up in some kind of sex scandal. There's got to be something going on here.

I like to eat. It's a natural instinct.

So, the next time I'm hungry, I can beat up Scott Adams and steal his food, right?

Whaddya mean, he has rights, too? IT'S MY NATURAL INSTINCT!!!

Asshole.

I like to eat. It's a natural instinct.

So, the next time I'm hungry, I can beat up Scott Adams and steal his food, right?

Whaddya mean, he has rights, too? IT'S MY NATURAL INSTINCT!!!

Asshole.

Apes and Monkeys (male and female) practice infanticide very frequently. It must be a natural instinct for us to kill our babies!! Damn society for putting us square pegged baby killers in the round hole of parenthood.

What a charming man. His mother must be so proud.

Rape is just another of our heartwarming human behaviours. Along with molestation, abuse, war, genocide, dismemberment, serial killing, bombing, assassination, murder-suicides, infidelity, and killing pizza delivery guys for $23.

Archived