IGNORED

Dilbert Creator says "Rape is a Natural Male Instinct"

Alecto

holy shit! i loved dilbert. i can't believe anyone would actually think that way.

Men are so persecuted in our society that they get better jobs, get paid more, and are able to have a more balanced work/home life without being told that they're hurting their family.

Men in general break the law more often and therefore represent a higher percentage of jailed persons, but who's fault is that? is he saying that we should say it's okay to be a serial killer because those are most often males? or that it's okay to beat your domestic partner because the perpetrators are most often men? How 'bout pedophilia? Pedophiles are mostly men. is that just natural instinct? give me a break.

Personally my favorite moment of Scott Adams insanity is when he compared women to the mentally handicapped ([women are] "treated differently by society for exactly the same reason that children and the mentally handicapped are treated differently. It's just easier this way for everyone.") and then made sock puppets to defend himself on Online boards. He is a classy, classy gent.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/04/2 ... ockpuppet/

I had decided to stop reading Dilbert after I read about his whole sock-puppet fiasco, but this is the nail in his coffin. This guy is supposedly a Mensa-level genius??? :naughty:

I don't group consensual sexual activity such as tweeting or adultery in with rape. It might be offensive and harmful but it isn't rape.

Also, why do some men want to promote the view that they are naturally worse than women? Do they hate their own sex? Sometimes I feel that as a feminist, I like men more than some men like themselves.

Women are like the mentally handicapped? How exactly are we treated differently? If he believes that all men are naturally rapists, shouldn't he be against men?

Isn't odd then that rape is so rare among other species? Sure, it certainly does happen, but no more often than it does among humans. You'd think that animals with no self control would just be raping machines if it really were so evolutionary beneficial.

But it turns out that rape is actually a pretty poor reproductive strategy, especially among humans when you can't even tell if a woman is ovulating, which means the chance of impregnating a woman with a one-time rape is actually pretty low. But IIRC, Adams is also a creationist so he doesn't care what would actually be evolutionarily successful.

Well, I can say I used to enjoy his work.

Also, is he trying to imply that women have somehow made all the rules to make men "round-pegged and turgid" because last time I checked, men made most of the rules. Obviously, I think his argument is totally full of BS, but it seems like he's trying to make some back-handed evo-psych complaint about evil evil feminists and I'm wondering if it's just me...

He's trolling.

In the past couple of months he's posted deliberately offensive blog posts several times, trying to get a reaction out of his followers, to see what they'd do. Later, he comes out and says he wasn't serious, or that it was an experiment.

It doesn't excuse it, but based on Adams' past behavior I would be very surprised if this wasn't another example of him trying to get a rise out of people.

desertvixen - it's not just you. That's an excellent assessment of what this gigantic tool is trying to say. I really hope there will be a backlash against this drivel, but I doubt it since there are so many MRA's that think he's absolutely right.

Seriously, if these aren't the words of a guy who has been rejected many, many times by women I don't know what is. I'm sure he starts spouting off his nonsense to a woman, he gets his ass handed back to him and then told to go eff himself. And then somehow that's the woman's fault for not being so in awe of his deep thoughts that she immediately rips her clothes off.

I wonder if I could make an argument that it's a woman's natural instinct to kick a guy in his junk with cowboy boots when he says things like this.

Many Mensa level geniuses have some levels of mental illness. (It's not an excuse, btw, I am NOT excusing Adams behaviour, I think he's a slimeball).

I've gotta say, I am sick of whiny boys! Men like Adams won't be happy until women are back in the kitchen, popping 'mother's little helper', or are Stepford wives. Ain't gonna happen.

He's trolling.

In the past couple of months he's posted deliberately offensive blog posts several times, trying to get a reaction out of his followers, to see what they'd do. Later, he comes out and says he wasn't serious, or that it was an experiment.

It doesn't excuse it, but based on Adams' past behavior I would be very surprised if this wasn't another example of him trying to get a rise out of people.

I hope those cowboy boots are pointy toed!!! Or better yet, steel toed combat boots. (I own a pair!)

So, the sacrifice of women's personal autonomy and physical safety is a price he's willing to pay so that men won't be shamed by their "natural" instincts?

And of course women are never shamed for being sexually aggressive or promiscuous. It's just that they are "unnatural".

Uh-huh.

Guest Anonymous

I totally agree that he's just trolling. I read somewhere that his work isn't nearly as popular as it was in the '90s, so it seems to me he's just trying desperately to stay relevant. Dude is a sick, sad loser. It's unfortunate that the sewage he spews gets him attention, as he will undoubtedly keep doing it.

He's trolling.

Is "Dilbert" not as popular as it used to be? Is Scott Adams trying to bump up his profile to promote his comic strip? He's doing it in a rather piss poor way.

Is "Dilbert" not as popular as it used to be? Is Scott Adams trying to bump up his profile to promote his comic strip? He's doing it in a rather piss poor way.

I honestly don't know- I live in a household full of hardcore Dilbert fans (my dad has Dilbert stuff EVERYWHERE, I actually got him a plush Pointy-Haired Boss for father's day), so it doesn't seem like it's not so popular, but it could very well be.

I honestly don't know- I live in a household full of hardcore Dilbert fans (my dad has Dilbert stuff EVERYWHERE, I actually got him a plush Pointy-Haired Boss for father's day), so it doesn't seem like it's not so popular, but it could very well be.

To me Dilbert is such a 90s thing. And speaking of comics, did anyone hate "Cathy" as much as me? Ack!

On-topic: Scott Adams is a douche.

Sadly this is nothing new. I have had a few people mention this book

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-History-R ... 0262201259

in conversation in order to justify these ridiculous beliefs. As far as I am concerned it's the same argument that our fundies use when trying to blame immodest women for rape. Men are just made that way, either by God or in this case evolution, and can't help themselves. Frankly, I find the whole field of evolutionary psychology to be shady and lacking in any way to verify these claims, but a lot of people find it highly convincing, just like fundies find their arguments convincing. It just goes to show that people can find a way to justify any kind of disgusting and violent behavior to themselves with or without religion.

To me Dilbert is such a 90s thing. And speaking of comics, did anyone hate "Cathy" as much as me? Ack!

Oh, I liked Cathy. I think it's because her neuroticism reminded me of certain beloved family members, especially when it came to shoes.

Sadly this is nothing new. I have had a few people mention this book

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-History-R ... 0262201259

in conversation in order to justify these ridiculous beliefs. As far as I am concerned it's the same argument that our fundies use when trying to blame immodest women for rape. Men are just made that way, either by God or in this case evolution, and can't help themselves. Frankly, I find the whole field of evolutionary psychology to be shady and lacking in any way to verify these claims, but a lot of people find it highly convincing, just like fundies find their arguments convincing. It just goes to show that people can find a way to justify any kind of disgusting and violent behavior to themselves with or without religion.

So... God and/or evolution is the reason men rape, they were just "born this way," but that argument holds no water when talking about why homosexuals are homosexuals, it's their choice to be that way? :think:

Archived