IGNORED

Apostolic Sport Skirts

ariel9

Some of the stuff is cute...

But then there is this :?

apostolicclothing.com/customized-non-denim/927-velour-hoodie-and-skirt-suit-set.html

Oh geez...isn't that what Cruella DeVille was trying to make in 101 Dalmatians?

Velour Skirt Suit? Is this the apostolic version of a church lady tuxedo? It is black and white so I guess it could work for weddings, funerals, etc. I just think the pattern is awful and why would you want all that pattern up the front of your skirt?

Velour Skirt Suit? Is this the apostolic version of a church lady tuxedo? It is black and white so I guess it could work for weddings, funerals, etc. I just think the pattern is awful and why would you want all that pattern up the front of your skirt?

All of the skirts designed with a contrasting triangle in the front, draw my attention to the pubic area of the model. I would think that a woman who is very concerned about modesty wouldn't want an exclamation mark accenting her crotch. :shrug:

All of the skirts designed with a contrasting triangle in the front, draw my attention to the pubic area of the model. I would think that a woman who is very concerned about modesty wouldn't want an exclamation mark accenting her crotch. :shrug:

They're not for modesty. These skirts are actually lingerie. They are to let fundie guys know where to put it on the wedding night. :shrug:

Obviously, it's only of interest to people who wouldn't wear regular athletic clothing, but I don't see much that's snarkworthy about the site.

These products are made for those who not compromise on certain modesty requirements. Period. Without these products, they would either be doing sports/swimming with clothing that is totally not appropriate - and possibly risky - or simply not engaging in those activities at all. These products allow them to participate, in a way that is comfortable for them.

Many of the modest clothing suppliers also tend to be small businesses run by women.

BTW - there are also non-fundie women who tend to avoid sports/swimming because they don't want to wear shorts or bathing suits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cat_Ate_My_Gymsuit

I nearly flunked phys. ed. because I refused to change into gym shorts.

I don't think the site, in particular is snarkworthy. I looked through it and I like a lot of their stuff. However, the mindset that women must do everything in skirts, all the time, is still damaging. There's a reason women started wearing pants and shorts. A lot of activities are simply a lot easier when you don't have extra fabric fluttering about as skirts, especially long skirts, tend to restrict a lot of movement. Mainly, I'm thinking of biking and swimming as two activities that become a lot more difficult to do in a skirt.

If people have these modesty standards for themselves, or they are imposed on them by others, I think it is better that they have the clothes available to them to participate in these activities than to no be able to participate at all. Ideally though, people would just wear the clothing to was most well suited to whatever they were doing and that they felt comfortable in.

Ugh. We had a one piece sleeveless, snapped at the shoulder royal blue thick polyester abomination. Scratchy polyester abomination. Thankfully gym was only required for 1.5 years in high school.

Ugh. We had a one piece sleeveless, snapped at the shoulder royal blue thick polyester abomination. Scratchy polyester abomination. Thankfully gym was only required for 1.5 years in high school.

Thankfully, at the time I had to wear a blue gym suit polyester had not yet been invented. So, while it was unflattering to all but the most well-endowed girls, it wasn't terribly uncomfortable.

wow. just, wow. :lol:

[attachment=0]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

that looks like they took tracksuit bottoms, slit the inseams, and spliced in the print fabric. Rather like my earliest attempts to make a denim skirt from old blue jeans.

So it looks like they took men's basketball shorts and made them into skirts. Kind of like what the duggar girls did to paramedic pants to make a skirt. :roll: Thanks for the video- it was interesting having a guy talk about the subject of skirts only.

I have worn sports skirts, I like sports skirts....however mine are more like:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/multi ... id-1566582 hardly modest by fundie standards but very functional and nice to wear for athletes.

The maxi skirt that NotALoserLikeYou showed is cute and normal but the sports skirts are ugly - imo.

And why did Jana have to do all that sewing?! They sell skirt extenders! apostolicclothing.com/54-skirt-extenders

I have some of these. I wear them during the summer when I walk and exercise outside. No particular reason, I thought they were cute and hey were on clearance. Except mine are just a tiny bit longer because of my height.

Obviously, it's only of interest to people who wouldn't wear regular athletic clothing, but I don't see much that's snarkworthy about the site.

These products are made for those who not compromise on certain modesty requirements. Period. Without these products, they would either be doing sports/swimming with clothing that is totally not appropriate - and possibly risky - or simply not engaging in those activities at all. These products allow them to participate, in a way that is comfortable for them.

Many of the modest clothing suppliers also tend to be small businesses run by women.

BTW - there are also non-fundie women who tend to avoid sports/swimming because they don't want to wear shorts or bathing suits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cat_Ate_My_Gymsuit

I nearly flunked phys. ed. because I refused to change into gym shorts.

I loved that book when I was younger, but by the time I had to wear uniforms for PE, they were fortunately shorts and a t-shirt. We also had a choice of a white t-shirt and blue shorts, or black shorts, and a red t-shirt with the school name on it.

Hijack: I keep reading "Apostolic" as "Apostate." Which I guess would describe mainstream sportswear... :lol:

Archived