IGNORED

Jinger courting?

Kelsey

I think Jana is holding out for her own reasons. I wonder if she's being more selective because she wants to marry a man who is financially well off. I can't see Jana entertaining the likes of a young jobless guy like Ben. Jana would remember the penny pinching that took place before TLC, and I think she's more aware of it than any of her siblings.

My hope is that she's waiting till her upper twenties to marry an 30 year old who has an established career. This both cuts her fertility window and secures her a stable lifestyle.

Maybe it's fantasy, but I just don't want to believe that the Duggars are holding her back so she can slave around the house.

We can only hope. As the oldest girl and the girl shouldering most of the responsibility, she'd have gotten the brunt of being told what her life's purpose is (be a broodmare), and any of this "being home still because she wants to" would probably be the result of being told how she needs to be helping more. She wants to please her family, which means she'll want to stay home. It's a coerced want. Poor girl's probably conflicted. On the first hand, get married and have babies, and on the other, be a servant to her parents and siblings. She can't do both, but has obviously been expected to. In a world where she's hitting her expiration date, and no marriage in sight, and lots and lots of fundie boys wanting the youngest things possible, she's got to know her options are running low.

I'd like to hope she's holding out until she's older, and will find someone else who also purposefully waited until being older, but what are the realistic chances that a guy and a girl would do this are the same time, and then be compatible?

I think she's stuck in a no-win lock.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can only hope. As the oldest girl and the girl shouldering most of the responsibility, she'd have gotten the brunt of being told what her life's purpose is (be a broodmare), and any of this "being home still because she wants to" would probably be the result of being told how she needs to be helping more. She wants to please her family, which means she'll want to stay home. It's a coerced want. Poor girl's probably conflicted. On the first hand, get married and have babies, and on the other, be a servant to her parents and siblings. She can't do both, but has obviously been expected to. In a world where she's hitting her expiration date, and no marriage in sight, and lots and lots of fundie boys wanting the youngest things possible, she's got to know her options are running low.

I'd like to hope she's holding out until she's older, and will find someone else who also purposefully waited until being older, but what are the realistic chances that a guy and a girl would do this are the same time, and then be compatible?

I think she's stuck in a no-win lock.

You do make a good point, about strong familial obligation. I personally a lot for my parents, and sometimes my college friends raise eyebrows, but my parents are incredibly supportive so I think my contributions are fair. But you are right to question the number of older fundie men, the good ones are gone fast. Maybe she'll open the pool to a more mainstream conservative.

What's Jana now, almost 25?

So she's potentially avoided at least three blessings and counting.

My off-the-boat Irish great-grandparents held off marrying until their mid 30's for this very reason. They still ended up with four kids, but given their devotion to the Catholic Church they'd have almost certainly had at least 9 or 10 if they'd married young and she'd survived it all.

Seems like Jinger is extra dolled up lately - lots and lots of make up and fake tans - I would assume she is hoping to be courted so she can get the heck out of the house - but not in the way that we'd all like to see her do it.

Jana doesn't seem to go overboard on the make up - and my guess is that if she did that she would quickly become known as the "prettiest Duggar girl" - but I think she plays it low key on the make up so she flys under the courtship radar and maybe won't get noticed so maybe someday she can leave without a husband and take a big long rest.

Skylar's sister was one of Jessa's bridesmaids.

Good catch to all who noticed that. Close family friends could make a speedy courtship. Of course, close family friends probably also have pretty intimate knowledge of the Duggar circus firsthand and might not want any part in it...

It makes me sad to even say this, but I think just about any guy would be a step up for Jana and Jinger from their current situation. I hope they each find someone who is really a good fit for them and treats them as a partner rather than a subordinate. How old is Skylar, or the other guys mentioned? Obviously I hope they all find someone they're attracted to, but we probably should base guesses off more than just the most handsome guy we can find on their instagram accounts. If I was seeing Derick and Ben for the first time, I'd probably find Ben more attractive, but about 5 minutes of hearing them talk and Derick is instantly 100x more attractive than Ben to me.

I think Jessa ending up with a younger guy will be the exception. I agree with others that I see Jana with someone a bit older. Maybe if she's lucky, a guy whose sperm has slowed down a bit. :D I'm not as sure with Jinger - probably also a man who is a little bit older - but I do know I have a harder time seeing Jinger as a stay at home mom than her sisters. I just can't envision it. Obviously none of us know what she really wants, and maybe she really would be happy as a SAHM, but I just get the impression that's not the case...and if that's true, I'd be thrilled if she found a man who helped her go to college or start a business or whatever she wanted.

Hey, TLC person who's reading. Start hinting about Tim Tebow for Jana.

Maybe I need to start a rumor...

What's Jana now, almost 25?

So she's potentially avoided at least three blessings and counting.

My off-the-boat Irish great-grandparents held off marrying until their mid 30's for this very reason. They still ended up with four kids, but given their devotion to the Catholic Church they'd have almost certainly had at least 9 or 10 if they'd married young and she'd survived it all.

That's the one good thing about Cinderjana's situation. Every year she's at TTH is another blessing she doesn't have to birth. Maybe she figures she'd rather keep raising kids who are now largely independent than having to go back to babies again.

I do not see Jinger being the married young with a gaggle of children type.

ETA- The same applied to Jessa, IMO- maybe it's just a way out for these girls.

I am not sure who Skylar is... how did I miss his name? I always thought Jinger and Lawson Bates would make a good match, both artistic and into music and both gorgeous! They could run off to Nashville!!

Lawson's a country boy. There is an interview of him in Central Park saying how he doesn't like the city or even town and just wants to get home to his horses. Not a good match for Jinger, who we all know wants more than to just live near Walmart.

Hey, TLC person who's reading. Start hinting about Tim Tebow for Jana.

Maybe I need to start a rumor...

Amy met his mother today and it looked like it was at the Duggars place so maybe it will come true :lol:

Amy met his mother today and it looked like it was at the Duggars place so maybe it will come true :lol:

OHHH PLEASE LET IT COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Tim Tebow is a Christian, but is he fundie enough for them? Literally all I know about him is that he's a famous Christian football player who does that praying thing when he gets a goal or whatever, haha.

Nevermind, I just read his Wikipedia entry. If he walks what he talks, he should get the Jim Bob seal of approval. IF he walks what he talks. And I'm pretty sure Jim Bob would find out.

With the kind of Christian fame and $$$$ Tim Tebow has- Jim Bob would be all fanboy on that. JB grew up in poverty and does not want that for his daughters. Plus a celebrity taboot....

And can you imagine the ratings for TLC - Duggar Girl/Tim Tebow courtship and marriage? :o

But they could never go to a game... those defrauding cheerleaders... drunken fans in the stands...

They go to football games all the time. Do the Razorbacks not have cheerleaders and drunken fans?

But they could never go to a game... those defrauding cheerleaders... drunken fans in the stands...

Maybe all of their football game footage is warming us up to the idea of a Duggar woman with a pro football player :lol:

Though I'm not sure they'd be going to many games to see Tim Tebow in the near future...or ever...hope Jana is an ESPN fan!

See, this development excites me. I've thought for years Jana and Tim would be a cute couple. He is just fundie-lite enough to be appealing to JB and J'Chelle but he is also mainstream enough to give Jana the life she deserves and let her have control over her hopes and dreams. I picture them as having a very "Chad and Erin" type of appeal bc I think whoever Tim ends up marrying would be worshipped and adored like no other.

Side Note: if a courtship did materialize it would be ratings gold for TLC, so I guess it would actually be a double-edged sword.

See, this development excites me. I've thought for years Jana and Tim would be a cute couple. He is just fundie-lite enough to be appealing to JB and J'Chelle but he is also mainstream enough to give Jana the life she deserves and let her have control over her hopes and dreams. I picture them as having a very "Chad and Erin" type of appeal bc I think whoever Tim ends up marrying would be worshipped and adored like no other.

Side Note: if a courtship did materialize it would be ratings gold for TLC, so I guess it would actually be a double-edged sword.

I'm going with a win win. I'm for whatever gets Jana out of the house and with someone like Tim.

Ugh, Tim Tebow. I want to kick him in the balls every time I see him. Plus, when I think of professional athletes, I think about the much higher than average rates of domestic violence. That said, as long as he's only as big an asshole as any other man with his religious and political beliefs and isn't abusive, he'd certainly be a big improvement over the typical quiverful man. I just can't see Jana willing to date and marry a man with such a high profile.

While I get the impression that Jana isn't happy with her life, I don't think she necessarily want's to get married either. She could very well be choosing the lesser of two evils and staying home.

Jim Bob would DIE with joy if he could pair up Tim Tebow with Jana. He'd DIE. For real. None of this "not fundie enough" nonsense. All JB+M care about is that they bring in the Duggar Dollars, make good tv and are willing to spout off about abortion and evil gays. Tim Tebow checks all the boxes.

I can actually really see Jana with someone with his kind of personality. I think a lot of shy people gravitate toward big personalities - they tend to balance each other out. Can't say I'm a fan of Tim Tebow, uhg, but I'd be pretty ecstatic if she ended up with a guy that would just let her chill out in a mansion relaxing for a few years :lol:

Yeah plus he's a virgin! The only problem is...he has been seen with other women over the years so his "lips" might not be virginal. We all know how the Duggars feel about the "1st" kiss. Will JB mind??

Archived