IGNORED

Botkins: The Next Generation

snickerz

David has a little propaganda video on his FB of his kids telling people to vote yes on TN amendment 1. The brainwashing starts mighty young when you're a Botkin!

Oh, brother. Yes, they're absolutely adorable, and of course they have no clue what their dad is really talking about. It pisses me off when parents take advantage of their kids' cuteness quotient in this way. :evil:

Oh, wait - they're Botkins...duh.

Off to the side of Sonny Botkin's facebook page is an article he wrote three weeks ago and the opening phrase is, "The City of Houston, headed by a female sodomite mayor..."

Something to think about.

It stalls after 8 seconds, and I can't get it to go any further.

Apparently, this computer came with the "protecting user from seeing cute children used as politicial pawns" option.

But, I would swear Nehemiah says "No" when David asks "Do you like babies?" at the beginning.

It stalls after 8 seconds, and I can't get it to go any further.

Apparently, this computer came with the "protecting user from seeing cute children used as politicial pawns" option.

But, I would swear Nehemiah says "No" when David asks "Do you like babies?" at the beginning.

Thoughtful, for you, a verbatim transcript. (Think of it as my small token of thanks for your mad songwriting skills!)

David: "Katharine, do you like babies?"

Katharine (speaking into her cup): "No" (it sure sounds like no to me...)

D: "Are babies cute?"

K (again into cup): "Mmm-hmm yes."

D: (gives Nehemiah more pancake): "Do you think that people should protect babies?"

K: "Yes."

D: "Think they should let babies get hurt?"

K: "No. (editing pause for coaching) I like newborn babies."

D: "You like newborn babies?"

K: "Yes. Nehemiah have more? (hands her brother a bite of pancake).

D: "Katharine, when we vote yes on Amendment 1, what we're doing is, we're creating a legal framework so that we can actually create some laws in the state of Tennessee to protect babies. That's what we're doing. Do you want to protect babies?"

D: "Can you say, 'Vote yes on Amendment 1?'"

K: "No."

D: "Try it."

D: "Nehemiah, can you say 'Vote yes?'"

N: (gabbles and mugs adorably for the camera)

K: "Vote yes, Nehemiah." (Campaign poster appears) "Vote yes."

There are several other edits where it's clear Katharine is being coached.

Like I said upthread, these kids are extremely cute, and they don't have a clue about creating legal frameworks, or single-issue politics.

Ew, kids their age should be innocent about how the world works and about abortion. Don't indoctrinate them into following your political party before they can even talk in proper sentences.

Off to the side of Sonny Botkin's facebook page is an article he wrote three weeks ago and the opening phrase is, "The City of Houston, headed by a female sodomite mayor..."

Something to think about.

:evil-eye:

Let me guess, this guy was homeschooled.

So I have a fourteen year old, who is far more appropriate to discuss this amendment with, but it had the most superficial of focus in our house. He mentioned some people with signs. I said I was voting no as was his father and that I believe in medical privacy.

From David's public FB page this morning:

I was reading the Ten Commandments to Katharine tonight and explaining what they mean:

Me: "You shall not bear false witness."

Katharine: "I like bears."

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I give you Exhibit A!

Okay, that's fucking adorable.

But who the hell teaches a small child that commandment in those words? Most parents tell their kids "Don't tell lies", generally along with an age-appropriate explanation for why that's bad. Are the Botkins KJV-only types?

That is adorable proof that Katharine does not understand a word of what David told her about who to vote for.

Katherine is clearly a genius. Her dad keeps talking to her about all this boring adult stuff and she thinks he's crazy, but she just rolls with it.

You shall not bear false witness. I like bears!

Do you like babies? (knowing she will have to raise them later) No!

Katherine has one tiny foot out the door already ;)

Archived