IGNORED

Elissa, Joe & baby swing picture

Justme

Is it weird that in all my years of following the Maxwells, the thing that really gets to me is watching how the adorable scrunched up, crinkle-eyed, toothy smile that seems to be genetic in Nathan and Melanie's girls changes over the years? Of course, it's probably just due to a perfectly normal and natural maturing process as kids grow, but knowing the Maxwells, I can't help but think that there's some kind of training and correction behind it as well. Those smiles are probably the most real thing we've ever seen from a Maxwell, so full of life and joy, so spontaneous and unguarded, so very unlike the rest of the family. In my mind, I can just hear the admonition that it's not godly and that good little girls must always be ladylike with that a meek and quiet spirit that Teri's always yammering on about. I makes me sad to watch that disappear and I miss it, just like I miss the funny words my daughter used make up when she was a kid and couldn't pronounce certain things.

Yeah, my daughter use to have this crazy ass smile that almost looked like a grimace. That eventually went away on it's own, though every now and again she'll bust out some crazy face when we take a picture. My guess is Nathan and Mel's kids do as well but they just don't get posted because it's not the image Steve is trying to portray. Also having aunt Sarah shove that camera in your face constantly telling you to smile has got to wear on you.

Is it weird that in all my years of following the Maxwells, the thing that really gets to me is watching how the adorable scrunched up, crinkle-eyed, toothy smile that seems to be genetic in Nathan and Melanie's girls changes over the years? Of course, it's probably just due to a perfectly normal and natural maturing process as kids grow, but knowing the Maxwells, I can't help but think that there's some kind of training and correction behind it as well. Those smiles are probably the most real thing we've ever seen from a Maxwell, so full of life and joy, so spontaneous and unguarded, so very unlike the rest of the family. In my mind, I can just hear the admonition that it's not godly and that good little girls must always be ladylike with that a meek and quiet spirit that Teri's always yammering on about. I makes me sad to watch that disappear and I miss it, just like I miss the funny words my daughter used make up when she was a kid and couldn't pronounce certain things.

I've always thought it VASTLY telling that in the photos that were once linked here to the girls at a family function for Mel's sister (her nursing school graduation, if I remember correctly), Abby's scrunched up smile was back in full force. And this was last spring, long after any trace of it had appeared on Titus2. I think that little girl has already figured out that she's not free to be who she is around Grandpa Stevehovah and saves it for her mother's family. It gives me a glimmer of hope that she and her sisters may one day escape the compound.

As an aside, Gigi is looking well.

Are they ever going to mention the death of Gigi's husband/Teri's father? Or are they just going to post pictures of the family without him and not mention it.

It's very odd, especially for the Maxwells, for whom Death is the pinnacle of life.

Maybe he didn't die in the time allotted on the schedule for his last farewells/breath and they are thus unsure if he was really saved?

Are they ever going to mention the death of Gigi's husband/Teri's father? Or are they just going to post pictures of the family without him and not mention it.

It's very odd, especially for the Maxwells, for whom Death is the pinnacle of life.

Maybe he didn't die in the time allotted on the schedule for his last farewells/breath and they are thus unsure if he was really saved?

I also don't get why they haven't said anything about their grandfather.

I also don't get why they haven't said anything about their grandfather.

Especially when he helped out with the ministry. They also didn't mention Steve's mother and biological father's deaths either. But they will mention the nursing home residents that die.

maybe they don't want to let any of their customers close enough to know when they are grieving. As if that is a reason not to give a tribute to a man who had already been introduced to their customers on the blog. :roll:

[attachment=0]pic.JPG[/attachment]

maybe just trying to make sure he didn't fall out the window?

But this looks like a Christopher[tm][/tm].

Run, kid, run, its behind you!

Fucking hell, even their food is beige.

Only in Maxhell is beige the brightest color of the rainbow.

Especially when he helped out with the ministry. They also didn't mention Steve's mother and biological father's deaths either. But they will mention the nursing home residents that die.

In Teri's biography it says, "she (Teri) cares for her elderly mother who live next door."

They just changed the word parents to mother and couldn't be bothered to change the word live to lives. Very odd.

In Teri's biography it says, "she (Teri) cares for her elderly mother who live next door."

They just changed the word parents to mother and couldn't be bothered to change the word live to lives. Very odd.

Thousand bucks says Stevie will change that now.

Yes they will. They posted about Mrs. B death! I wonder if the kids even grieved the death of Steve's parents, yet I am sure they do for the nursing home residents.

Archived