IGNORED

Transparent on Amazon

crazyforkate

Anyone else watching it? It stars Jeffrey Tambor (known to the world as "Pop-Pop" Bluth) as a trans woman struggling to come out to her family. Tambor is absolutely amazing in it, and Gaby Hoffman is quite good as well. I've only seen the pilot so far, but it looks fantastic. Thoughts?

I honestly thought I would like it, as it is my kind of thing, but it felt flat for me. I may need to give it another try though as maybe I just wasn't in the right mood

Its in my watchlist. I haven't seen it yet. I hope it has legs. I've been hearing good things about it. It will be interesting to see if the T community endorses it.

I ended up binge watching it over the course of three nights last week. Loved it. And it got renewed for another season! Everyone does an amazing job with their characters.

And I didn't realize Jay Duplass (Josh) could actually talk! Maybe all it took was being away from his brother. Though my only experience with him was The Mindy Project, and he's never said more than five words lol.

I also loved Ali's journey through the season. Very interested to find out where they all are now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 4 episodes in. After a slow start, I'm getting into it. I can't stand the family members. I'm loving Tambor's performance. I'm invested in her journey.

Archived