IGNORED

Goot? Oh Candy...get ye to an ER...

Deleted08

I've only had a UTI once (knock wood) but the doctor gave me cipro and told me to drink lots of cranberry juice. It worked like a charm.

With the garlic thing for yeast infections it is generally recommended that you wrap it in some kind of cloth first so that it doesn't burn.

What's wrong with cranberry juice for a UTI? I take cranberry pills or blueberries as a preventive as I have really bad UTIs. I won't say how bad as it is TMI but when ever I have one the ER doctors always freak out and treat me very quickly.

Absolutly nothing :)

Just saying that yogurt, garlic and cranberry together sounds like a bad food plan.

Well it's not like you have to eat the garlic... So if you get the right flavour of yogurt you'd have a nice little curative snack and a great way to exercise your pubic muscles...

Absolutly nothing :)

Just saying that yogurt, garlic and cranberry together sounds like a bad food plan.

Oh, I thought you had an inside tip that it made UTIs worse or something. Well thanks anyway. :D

My DD and I have used acidophilus caps internally (moisten in warm water, insert at bedtime and wear a panty liner) for yeast infections long before monistat was over the counter.

For the fire ants, I've heard of using urine topically ( from an Aussie pal). As for me, I'm really allergic to some insect bites. I'd be taking a handful of benadryl and racing off to the ER before my windpipe closed.

Somebody suggested the urine thing to me when I was stung by a jellyfish. The wimpy, 15 year old me chose to suck it up and live with the 5-6 hours of pain rather than have urine poured on my arm.

As for the fire ant bites, I had one and it hurt so bad! Since I was fresh out of "goot", I lanced the little boil looking thing on my toe (I know now I shouldn't have done that), slapped some neosporin and a band-aid on it and called it a day. It took about 2 days, not 2 weeks to heal.

Fire ant bites are awful. I rub rubbing alcohol into them and for some reason that helps.

I think anything with vitamin C is good for UTIs and drinking lots helps flush the bacteria away. Also wiping

front to back helps too, Ecoli from poo particles is one of the big reasons for UTIs. (or crap immunity like me lol)

I long long long to hear more about Candy's experience with the Downs Syndrome cure; however, IIRC, it was a throwaway line, not a fully fleshed out story. When she was called on it, she sort of just never answered the question. You know, as if she had actually then Googled Downs Syndrome, learned just a little about it, and realized that it was highly unlikely that Jesus would obligingly just shrink up and make disappear all that pesky extra genetic material.

Yeah. It's one of my all-time favorite Internet lies. I've heard plenty of people claim phony cures of cancer or AIDS, but this--curing Downs Syndrome--this was special to me.

And my personal favorite -- unassisted birth at home which involves breaking your water with a sterilized paper clip!

Whaaaaaaaat???? :shock:

http://www.sweepingcobwebs.com/2010/05/ ... revisited/

http://www.sweepingcobwebs.com/2009/03/ ... ok-part-1/ Here's the page with the paper clip quote. And the quote itself: "Erik sterilized a paper clip, and broke the waters while they were bulging out as I was pushing during a contraction. Even though I was in the middle of a contraction when he broke the waters, I thanked him, and said that that felt better."

Edit - But wait! There's more! Just found this: "Erik to break the waters, and he did with some sterilized scissors during my next push, while the waters were bulging out of me. After Erik broke my waters, he put on a sterile glove, to protect baby and I against infection. (p. 72)"

http://www.sweepingcobwebs.com/2010/05/27/candys-happy-homebirth-revisited/

http://www.sweepingcobwebs.com/2009/03/ ... ok-part-1/ Here's the page with the paper clip quote. And the quote itself: "Erik sterilized a paper clip, and broke the waters while they were bulging out as I was pushing during a contraction. Even though I was in the middle of a contraction when he broke the waters, I thanked him, and said that that felt better."

Edit - But wait! There's more! Just found this: "Erik to break the waters, and he did with some sterilized scissors during my next push, while the waters were bulging out of me. After Erik broke my waters, he put on a sterile glove, to protect baby and I against infection. (p. 72)"

:shock: Silent scream. I just have NO words. Ain't nobody going up there with a damn PAPER CLIP.

Current theory about UTI's and cranberry is that a compound in the cranberry prevents E. coli from sticking to the walls of the bladder.

I've heard of using a garlic suppository for a yeast infection, and garlic does have *some* antimicrobial properties, but I really don't know how effective it is.

I need to check this blog out (probably won't have time to delve in until the morning though.) I'm an herbalist and even I'd head straight to the ER at the first signs of gangrenous tissue! :auto-layrubber:

I sometimes think that woman really does have a special god. For all the ridiculous, dangerous, flat out stupid risks she's taken in her life and with the lives of her children, the fact that they're all still alive speaks to...something.

That is, of course, if all her stories are true. And, while I believe she is exactly who she comes across as being, I'm not so sure her version of life's events are entirely truthful.

Guest Anonymous

Somebody suggested the urine thing to me when I was stung by a jellyfish. The wimpy, 15 year old me chose to suck it up and live with the 5-6 hours of pain rather than have urine poured on my arm.

As for the fire ant bites, I had one and it hurt so bad! Since I was fresh out of "goot", I lanced the little boil looking thing on my toe (I know now I shouldn't have done that), slapped some neosporin and a band-aid on it and called it a day. It took about 2 days, not 2 weeks to heal.

I prefer my goot with lots of basil on linguine, maybe some shrimp. And yea I could be convinced to suck it off the right persons body parts.

I'm glad you toughed it out, it may make you qualified to be on Fear Factor :clap:

Archived