IGNORED

Goot? Oh Candy...get ye to an ER...

Deleted08

sounds like she got bitten by fire ants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant

The venom of fire ants is composed of alkaloids such as piperidine (see Solenopsis saevissima), and the sting swells into a bump, which can cause much pain and irritation at times, especially when stung repeatedly by several ants. The bump often forms into a white pustule, which is at risk of becoming infected if scratched; however, if left alone, it will usually flatten within a few days. The pustules are obtrusive and uncomfortable while active and, if the sting sites become infected, can turn into scars. Additionally, some people are allergic to the venom, and as with many allergies, may experience anaphylaxis, which requires emergency treatment.deShazo RD, Butcher BT, Banks WA (1990).

Either she had an allergic reaction or her concoction made the bumps worse. I've never had my bites take several weeks to heal. Fire ants are horrible and their bite HURTS. They will swarm over your body if you disturb their nest.

If my feet looked necrotic you bet I'd be at the ER immediately. Why would she mess around with smearing olive oil and garlic over herself if she honestly thought her skin was dying?

Candy knows the cure for cancer, Downs Syndrome (yes, she's posted that one of the crazies she follows 'cured' Downs Syndrome), she uses steaming hot water to cure Brown Recluse Bites. Basically, Candy don't need no stinkin' doctors or medical professionals at all because she knows all and can do it from home, naturally. Way back when I guess she discusses getting a dental drill and taking care of her own teeth.

The woman is 100% certifiable. She has an ego and a belief in her own intelligence that greatly surpasses reality. Thinking you're a genius when you're really just a very immature, uneducated woman who refuses to learn or grow is a dangerous thing. Her kids will pay the price for her arrogance one day.

Fire ants! Ugh, found those in my bed once. Nasty stuff. Of course, by the time we'd lived in Texas more than about a month, I knew better than to stand there and let a bunch of 'em swarm over me and bite. WTF, Candy?

But I may try the recipe for my next batch of garlic bread...

She is freaking nuts. Apparently she thinks an approaching comet heralds the sixth seal in Revelation.

myblessedhome.blogspot.com/2011/08/comet-elenin-lets-open-this-can-of.html

If you stand right in a bed and don't move much (because you don't notice it), they'll swarm over you without biting, and when you start moving (for instance, freaking out because you have fire ants all over you) a signal will go out and they'll all bite at once. I know from very unfortunate experience--I got bit over fifty times once. I got quarter-sized blisters all over my legs, which stayed for about a week and a half, when I cut them off (you're not supposed to cut blisters off, but I was in high school and was afraid they were hurting my chances of ever getting a date). There were tiny sores underneath the blisters that took two or three weeks to heal, which had surprisingly deep centers. But everything healed up without scarring.

I used soap and water, not oil and garlic. But that's just me.

Candy knows the cure for cancer, Downs Syndrome (yes, she's posted that one of the crazies she follows 'cured' Downs Syndrome), she uses steaming hot water to cure Brown Recluse Bites. Basically, Candy don't need no stinkin' doctors or medical professionals at all because she knows all and can do it from home, naturally. Way back when I guess she discusses getting a dental drill and taking care of her own teeth.

The woman is 100% certifiable. She has an ego and a belief in her own intelligence that greatly surpasses reality. Thinking you're a genius when you're really just a very immature, uneducated woman who refuses to learn or grow is a dangerous thing. Her kids will pay the price for her arrogance one day.

I would to love to hear how Down's Syndrome was "cured."

And my personal favorite -- unassisted birth at home which involves breaking your water with a sterilized paper clip!

I've heard about Down's Syndrome being "cured" before. This was from a Mannatech junkie. When pressed, she admitted she had no clue about the mechanics behind independent assortment of chromosomes.... she just believed that they could be reprogrammed with proper communication between the cells that was hastened by this miraculous supplement.

THe second I started my first few reasons why we could not 'cure ' Downs... the very first one being that embyogenesis dictates that the structural endodermic blueprint cannot be undone... her eyes glazed over and she started repeating Mannatech sales lines like a robot short-circuiting.

It was sad.

Both Candy and her husband have left their tracks all over the Internet so there is no doubt that they are who they say they are.

You really can't make up that depth of weird. At least I don't like to think you could.

Is Candy for real? No, seriously....are we sure she isn't just a great fiction writer?

I'm going with her not being a great fiction writer, since I've been following her "When the Mist Clears" or whatever it's called story installments, and they are so bad that she'd have to be some sort of creative genius to do terrible fiction within the larger, well crafted fiction of the blog.

A "cure" for Down's Syndrome???? OMG. No. And also, what about the idea that God was/is in control of how one's chromosomes and genes align? Isn't it a slap in the face to God to say that you can "cure" his handiwork????? (using fundie logic, here)

Also, ok, I know people with Down's syndrome, and they are wonderful people. Sure, the condition does pose some challenges and such, but in my experience, they're just loving, hardworking, unique people - there's nothing "wrong" with them that needs to be "cured." Ugh.

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that if my skin is inflamed/painful/has open sores, I'm not going to be slapping garlic on it. No.

(did I read here that somebody used garlic to treat yeast infections--as in, inserted? Maybe I'm making things up.)

(did I read here that somebody used garlic to treat yeast infections--as in, inserted? Maybe I'm making things up.)

That's a fairly common natural treatment, yes. It's more or less reguarded as okay in places like "vaginapagina" and a few other communities I've followed in the past.

embyogenesis dictates that the structural endodermic blueprint cannot be undone

I think that's my favorite quote ever. I could see the saleslady's eyes gloss over as I read your post. It was great. :)

Really??? I've heard of yogurt, but wow. I just can't imagine.

Combine it with the cranberry juice that people drink to help with an UTI, you have a really, really horrible menu.

Combine it with the cranberry juice that people drink to help with an UTI, you have a really, really horrible menu.

What's wrong with cranberry juice for a UTI? I take cranberry pills or blueberries as a preventive as I have really bad UTIs. I won't say how bad as it is TMI but when ever I have one the ER doctors always freak out and treat me very quickly.

Guest Anonymous

My DD and I have used acidophilus caps internally (moisten in warm water, insert at bedtime and wear a panty liner) for yeast infections long before monistat was over the counter.

For the fire ants, I've heard of using urine topically ( from an Aussie pal). As for me, I'm really allergic to some insect bites. I'd be taking a handful of benadryl and racing off to the ER before my windpipe closed.

Archived