IGNORED

Anna throws shade?

ButterscotchEquinox

In "Duggar To-Do's" Anna actually said:

"I don’t want to spend today wishing I was pregnant when God has already given me three beautiful children."

1. Wow that blew me away. I agree with so many FJers that Anna is an involved, good mother. But to actually hear her say that made me think, maybe there is some hope?!

2. Is there some shade in that statement? Wonder how J'Chelle felt, watching that back.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Anna and Josh are happy with the three they have. Living in D.C. has opened their eyes in more ways than one. I hope Jchelle got the message, but I doubt it. I'm sure Anna and Josh have gotten some questions from his parents regarding when the next "blessing" can be expected. I hope they don't bow to pressure. Maybe as long as they away from Arkansa the better it will be for them. :pray:

Props to Anna. I could see them potentially having maybe one or two more, but I don't get the impression Josh and Anna want to go full blown quiverfull.

Unlike J'Uterus, I get the impression Anna genuinely enjoys parenting her children and wants to be able to invest time in the 3Ms and parent and raise them herself, rather than training up Mackynzie to be a sistermom.

Props to Anna. I could see them potentially having maybe one or two more, but I don't get the impression Josh and Anna want to go full blown quiverfull.

Unlike J'Uterus, I get the impression Anna genuinely enjoys parenting her children and wants to be able to invest time in the 3Ms and parent and raise them herself, rather than training up Mackynzie to be a sistermom.

Good on you Anna, I think her and Smug suddenly realize 20 children may be impractical.

There are times when I genuinely like Anna. Tonight was one of them.

Same here. I hit rewind and watched that segment a second time because she just made me happy.

I think moving to DC is the best thing that could have happened to Josh and Anna. I hope they never end up back in Arkansas.

Anna is a good mom, we have seen her interacting with the kids with crafts and cooking, and she is with them kids 24/7. She is more than entitled to sit back and enjoy adult conversation and let the kids play. I do not understand why moms are expected to watch their kids every move so they don't miss a damn minute of their childhood.

It's worth noting that those remarks were said in the midst of lots of gushing about how much she wants another baby. I don't see it as her stepping away from being Quiverful so much as her making peace with the fact she conceives roughly every 2 years, not every 18 months like her mother in law.

I wasn't too crazy about Anna in the early days. I didn't dislike her, but she didn't do much for me. But in the last year or so, she has grown on me. I see her working very, very hard for her family, with no help from her husband. She is sweet towards them, and watching her try to take care of her 3 kids, while making an enormous dinner for her 2-million in-laws that were coming in a whole day early really made me feel sorry for her. She could have easily gone Trash-TV and had a fit and said "No way, this isn't happening unless you get off your male dominated ass and help me." But she stepped up to the plate and made it work. I respect her now, for those types of things.

It all started when she was giving birth and Josh decided to go take a nap because he was tired. To this day, that hurts my heart.

Anna has really grown on me, too. She seems so much more confident now than she used to. Even if it was in the midst of gushing about how she wants another baby (which I hope it wasn't, but I haven't seen it myself yet, so I'll take everyone's word for it!), it's just refreshing to hear one of them say they're thankful for the ones they have and don't want to waste the day wishing they were pregnant. I think JB and Michelle think that by actively pursuing more "blessings", and always saying they want more, they are somehow fulfilling the "Quiverfull" thing more fully.

I do remember sometime recently where Michelle stated that she would be surprised if any of her children had more than 10 children each, tops. Anyone have any idea why she would say that?

I do think Anna truly loves her children. I am sure they are not doing anything to keep another blessing from coming, but I don't see her doing the maniacal charting etc. that Michelle probably did to speed it up.

Also, Josh is not nearly as healthy as JB was at his age. Josh's health may play a factor in limiting the size of their family.

I think Anna is a very good mother. The children seem very happy, very normal, including being whiny at the dinner table over having to try something new to eat. When the kids were fussing a bit, neither Josh or Anna seemed to freak out and insist upon "instant obedience." I hope that is true even when the cameras are off (and I tend to think so). Anna clearly loves her life - she enjoys her children, and yes she wants to have more. I had seven siblings, but both my parents wanted to have lots of children and we were spaced about 2 years apart. My dad earned a good income and although we shared rooms, it was usually two to a bedroom, not five or six "stacked like cordwood."

Maybe some of the Duggar offspring, as well as Anna, realize that Michelle has been a detached parent, even if none of them would ever publicly voice that opinion. Either way, I was glad to see some sign that Anna isn't solely focused on popping out as many children as physically possible.

I did not care much for Anna in the beginning. I thought it was utterly ridiculous that she and her mother were wearing matching shirts at the restaurant when Josh proposed to Anna.

However, I've seen Anna exposed to more things than the TTH and she seems to be rising to the occasion. She has been out, with her children, to a place where she was just another person there, not coming down from Heaven like Michelle did with the public school to confer an extra special blessing on the mere mortals so lucky to be in a Duggar presence that day. Anna talked to women who were wearing pants.

I would have loved for Anna to tell Jim Bob - sure come on! We'll have 20 pizzas here by the time you guys get here. Scripted tho.

Yes I saw her kids be imperfect little brats about eating squash. So glad there was no hand-smacking going on. She could have been a touch more proactive about it but she seems open to learning new things and I'm pretty confident she'll get there.

I think Anna is a very good mother. The children seem very happy, very normal, including being whiny at the dinner table over having to try something new to eat. When the kids were fussing a bit, neither Josh or Anna seemed to freak out and insist upon "instant obedience." I hope that is true even when the cameras are off (and I tend to think so). Anna clearly loves her life - she enjoys her children, and yes she wants to have more. I had seven siblings, but both my parents wanted to have lots of children and we were spaced about 2 years apart. My dad earned a good income and although we shared rooms, it was usually two to a bedroom, not five or six "stacked like cordwood."

Maybe some of the Duggar offspring, as well as Anna, realize that Michelle has been a detached parent, even if none of them would ever publicly voice that opinion. Either way, I was glad to see some sign that Anna isn't solely focused on popping out as many children as physically possible.

This. After the THs with Anna last night I can see why Jana and Joy have spent so much time in DC. Anna has truly grown up and isn't the "I had a baby FIRST even though I'm YOUNGER than Priscilla!!" girl anymore. Jana realizes that she herself is only in her mid-20s and doesn't need to rush into marriage/motherhood because Anna has shown her how nice it can be having 3 somewhat spaced apart. All of Michelle's craziness seems to really be off putting to Jana and Joy this season! Bravo to Anna for living in the moment and putting her children's needs before her own. :)

Last nights episode sold me on Anna. DC has done wonders for her and even Smuggar. I think JB and J'Chelle have too much impact on their children when they live close. I wouldn't be surprised to see Anna and Kynzie in pants in the next few years.

Smuggar was in skinny jeans last night and Marcus and Michael get to wear shorts. It's only a matter of time before they make the switch to fundie-light.

As long as JB and Michelle are sending other kids to them in DC, I dont see that happening.

The only reason Jana is going there is so she can report back to JB and tell them what they are doing.

As long as the show is on the air, no one is going fundie lite.. they have an image to project!

Thats why you never see the Duck Dynasty guys in their yuppie clothes that they wore before the show.

I don't see this quote as either shade or not wanting another kid. I see this quote more as how these gothardites talk about "contentment" and "pride". She is showing that she is content with her life as it is and she is not prideful to want god to give her another baby.

Anna has gotten more media savvy through the show, but I don't think she is a changed woman at all. Her instagram is as disgusting as ever.

When Anna said she would love another kid but then went on (very convincingly!) about how grateful she was for the family she already has, I honestly saw it as her gentle hint to what we should expect from them. I predict 1-2 more kids tops. I do NOT see Anna being in her 40s delivering babies!

I think they want a smaller family and know the hole they've dug for themselves that they can't make it look like they've stopped trying, with the wedding vows and all.

They seem so happy with their family. Their kids are adorable, so I do hope they can enjoy it in the moment, and thank goodness Anna is not like Michelle and truly seems to love her kids and want to spend time with them rather than just start planning for the next.

Anna looked great in this episode - totally agree that she's really become her own woman. I don't doubt she's as pro-life as ever but I think the constant pro-life instagram stuff is probably just a paid gig for her.

I think J-Chelle was on the phone to the Smuggars before the episode was over. Yeah, Anna was throwing shade, and I'll bet there was no "keeping sweet" during that phone call, either.

I think J-Chelle was on the phone to the Smuggars before the episode was over. Yeah, Anna was throwing shade, and I'll bet there was no "keeping sweet" during that phone call, either.

And I hope Smuggar told her "Mom, it's lovely that you had 20 of us but Anna and I aren't you and dad. We enjoy actually spending time with our kids. I want to know my kids without having a notebook to keep track of them."

And I hope Smuggar told her "Mom, it's lovely that you had 20 of us but Anna and I aren't you and dad. We enjoy actually spending time with our kids. I want to know my kids without having a notebook to keep track of them."

Josh and Anna. You can do it - YES you can live a normal life!!

I also don't see this as Anna saying they're not going to have many more children or are preventing. And I definitely don't see how this is going to lead them to going fundie lite in a couple years. I do think Anna really loves her children and that's been the case from the beginning. I remember when Anna was laboring with Michael and she said goodbye to Mack and it was so incredibly sweet and moving. You could really tell that she absolutely loved her little girl and was nervous about what adding a second child would mean to her firstborn. I feel part of this is accepting that her children aren't going to come out in rapid fire like Michelle's and making peace and seeing the advantages of that fact. Also I know we've speculated a lot about Anna have miscarriages beyond the one she's talked about publically. If that is the case this might be part of how she's managing to deal with a pregnancy loss.

So far Mack and Michael are 20 months apart and Michael and Marcus are nearly two years apart. If Anna got pregnant TODAY the due date would be in late June so just over two years after Marcus with about the same age gap as between Michael and Marcus. So the age gap between her children has yet to start getting larger since they moved to DC. Also they didn't announce with Marcus until March and he was born in June. So we may not even find out if they are expecting for quite some time.

I also don't see this as Anna saying they're not going to have many more children or are preventing. And I definitely don't see how this is going to lead them to going fundie lite in a couple years. I do think Anna really loves her children and that's been the case from the beginning. I remember when Anna was laboring with Michael and she said goodbye to Mack and it was so incredibly sweet and moving. You could really tell that she absolutely loved her little girl and was nervous about what adding a second child would mean to her firstborn. I feel part of this is accepting that her children aren't going to come out in rapid fire like Michelle's and making peace and seeing the advantages of that fact. Also I know we've speculated a lot about Anna have miscarriages beyond the one she's talked about publically. If that is the case this might be part of how she's managing to deal with a pregnancy loss.

So far Mack and Michael are 20 months apart and Michael and Marcus are nearly two years apart. If Anna got pregnant TODAY the due date would be in late June so just over two years after Marcus with about the same age gap as between Michael and Marcus. So the age gap between her children has yet to start getting larger since they moved to DC. Also they didn't announce with Marcus until March and he was born in June. So we may not even find out if they are expecting for quite some time.

I don't know Josh and the boys were shorts.

we've seen Kenzie in pants

We know they have a giant TV in their house

so I would say all that points towards starting to go fundie lite. Maybe they aren't there right now but I think they are getting there.

I believe Anna was being quite a bit sassy with her response of actually enjoying her time with the children she already has. GO ANNA! And I think DC has definitely changed her. She's so hands on with Mack, Michael, and Marcus that it makes me so happy that these kids are getting the attention they deserve. And what they edit to show on 19 Kids just perpetuates the loving and caring mother image. Yay!

It's refreshing that she did come from a smaller family and has a different view on family life. Ma Keller probably knows her much better than Michelle ever will know about the other 17 Duggar children (since doting on Josh and Josie is 110% obvious).

Archived