IGNORED

Anna throws shade?

ButterscotchEquinox

The miscarriage was what sent Jimbob and Michelle over the edge. Josh and Anna did everything 'right' and yet still had a miscarriage. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that really made them re-evaluate a lot of things. Anna appears to be a great mum, better than me in the day to day running of the household! I hope she realises she has a choice to stop now if she wants.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Anna loves her kids,and tries to be a good mom. I can see her and Josh being happy with just the three. I do suspect that there is pressure from the Duggar family to have more. In the long run, They may want more. I hope they do it when they feel ready and not due to pressure from the family brand.

I get an impression from Josh that he does tow the line to a point; but has always seems to be a little apart from his family. So, I think he and Anna will make their on decisions concerning family size and create some kind of acceptable reason to JB and Mullet as to why Anna is not producing more blessings.

I get an impression from Josh that he does tow the line to a point; but has always seems to be a little apart from his family. So, I think he and Anna will make their on decisions concerning family size and create some kind of acceptable reason to JB and Mullet as to why Anna is not producing more blessings.

I hope Josh and Anna do NOT make up any excuse whatsoever to justify having no more kids to his idiot parents. J & A are adults with no reason to get JB & M's approval for anything. They don't need to explain themselves about their family size.

I do feel sorry for poor Joy in that regard because she was a little bit too young to really fit in with the J'Slaves, but the lost girls are too young to be her friends. At least she seems to be really good friends with Carlin Bates which gives her a female friend close in age. Even now Joy is a teenager, she looks a bit awkward when tagging along with the J'Slaves group because she didn't grow up 'in the clique'.

I do agree though that trying to force close friendships among the children can lead to resentment and be counter productive. I know as a child, my older female cousins on my Dad's side were 6-10 years older than us and they were expected to be nice to me and my twin sister and be respectful, but they were not forced to hang out with us either. We used to get told 'leave the older girls alone, they are doing teenager things', rather than them being forced to put up with a couple of 8 year olds.

Joy Anna also seems to be the most friends with Amy, which is weird because Amy is a lot older than Joy and only a little older than Jana. I think the oldest four girls had a strong clique going on due to mutual survival of things that Joy Anna didn't exactly go through, and that Anna and Amy didn't go through at all. Also Joy and Jill sorta see themselves as daughter and mother, so it's weird to hang out with your mother.

On the other hand, I think Joy Anna naturally had a tomboy personality, and that being surrounded by so many boys gave her an "excuse" to not hide it as much as she would have if she were in a girl group. So in a way she got lucky with her birth order.

Joy Anna also seems to be the most friends with Amy, which is weird because Amy is a lot older than Joy and only a little older than Jana. I think the oldest four girls had a strong clique going on due to mutual survival of things that Joy Anna didn't exactly go through, and that Anna and Amy didn't go through at all. Also Joy and Jill sorta see themselves as daughter and mother, so it's weird to hang out with your mother.

On the other hand, I think Joy Anna naturally had a tomboy personality, and that being surrounded by so many boys gave her an "excuse" to not hide it as much as she would have if she were in a girl group. So in a way she got lucky with her birth order.

The problem with the Duggars (and other fundies) is that they are only allowed to be each others best friends and have to hang out with each other all the time. In a "normal" family, each kid would have other friends their age from outside their immediate family.

And not forcing siblings to hang out with each other all the time doesn't mean that they don't have anything to do with each other. You can have fun and a good relationship with them even if they are a lot younger and older. But forcing the younger ones presence constantly on the olders it simply cruel and leads to a lot of anger and frustration.

And yes, Joy might have it a bit awkward now that she is a teenager, but I think she enjoyed getting to be a bit of a tomboy. She was lucky that her childhood wasn't taken away from her as much as the J'slaves'.

Pickles and Hairspray on FB just posted family photos and I'm ready to say Anna is pregnant. She has had a pooch but now her whole body and face agree. I'd say late first trimester.

I hope Josh and Anna do NOT make up any excuse whatsoever to justify having no more kids to his idiot parents. J & A are adults with no reason to get JB & M's approval for anything. They don't need to explain themselves about their family size.

In an ideal world..!

Unfortunately, as long as their livelihood depends on FRC (and through that, on Josh's parents' fame), any choice they make to plan the size of their family will be private IMO. I think they probably know what they're doing spacing the kids out a few years. Having a baby every 2-3 years instead of every year, for them, is the difference between ending up with 18 kids or 5-6 kids. Plus, it would look pretty scandalous for them to come out and say "yeah, nevermind" on the "let God plan our family" thing after it was in their wedding vows...and on TV.

Most people would be able to change their minds pretty easily, but I think they know that neither of them really have any professional skills and they SERIOUSLY lucked out for Josh to get a job paying him what is probably a large salary at FRC. If he loses that job...what will he do? Go back to the car lot? They'd be SOL. They can't do anything controversial. It actually makes me feel a bit bad for them, and all the Duggar kids...they really get trapped by their lack of options.

Pickles and Hairspray on FB just posted family photos and I'm ready to say Anna is pregnant. She has had a pooch but now her whole body and face agree. I'd say late first trimester.

I guess you mean the photos where they are barbecuing. I really don't think she looks pregnant there...

I guess you mean the photos where they are barbecuing. I really don't think she looks pregnant there...

I think it's the way she's standing. But my oh my, The Fabulous David Waller is catching up with Josh in size, judging by that pic!

I don't think I'm ready to say that Josh and Anna are done having kids, and I certainly can't see them going on birth control any time soon. That would be a huge leap, to something they've been taught is sooo evil. It could be that they're just paying attention to the calendar and avoiding ovulation times, or that they're simply not having sex as much. Nothing wrong with either option, and I could see them rationalizing that a little better with their beliefs.

Josh and Anna aren't done unless she experiences secondary infertility. I don't think she is as fertile as Michelle, but she loves kids and this way of life has been drummed into her. I think they will have a few more, but may use natural family planning. If they ever use any type of birth control it would have to be one that did not require a visit to the doctor or a prescription. There is no way they could risk the public exposure of such a huge denial of their brand. Also, Anna may not ovulate while she is nursing and nurses for more than the six months Michelle gave her babies. But I just can't see them stopping at three or four. There are eight children in her family, so I would think she would at least hit that number.

Yep. it looked questionable in the standing one but the one where she is seated, eating next to JB she looks downright puffy. We will find out soon enough.

Yep. it looked questionable in the standing one but the one where she is seated, eating next to JB she looks downright puffy. We will find out soon enough.

A early May baby would be about the same age gap as between Michael and Marcus and put her nearing the end of the first trimester.

If you look at Josh's most recent instagram post, the whole family is standing around singing happy birthday to McKyieneziey... Anna is strategically placed behind a chair and a pile of gifts. I'm calling pregnant, 3-4 months. Her belly looked firmer, not just the normal post-baby softness.

"Sundaymorning wrote:

...Yes, the younger ones might feel left out if the older teen sister wants to have some girl talk with another teenager, but that's not a reason to force adolescents and young adults to share a room and a bed! with toddlers and preschoolers."

There could be another motivation for it: the younger kids could be used as "accountability buddies" for the older ones in the event the older girls want to talk about unholy, albeit totally normal, teenage topics, aka kissing/sex/parties, etc. While the girls are marketed to be totally uninterested in that, I find a complete lack of curiosity impossible. And what better time to discuss that than before bed? Oh wait, little pitchers... It just makes it that much harder for the girls to have that kind of a bond when their chaperones are two feet tall and nosy as all heck.

It's worth noting that those remarks were said in the midst of lots of gushing about how much she wants another baby. I don't see it as her stepping away from being Quiverful so much as her making peace with the fact she conceives roughly every 2 years, not every 18 months like her mother in law.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd love to have more children, and I think about it often, but they chances are slight. I could waste time wishing every day, or be happy with the kids I have. So I don't spend time wishing, even more days. I just enjoy the ones I have, and if another comes along, great, and if it doesn't, that's okay too. I think that's the place where Anna is.

Last nights episode sold me on Anna. DC has done wonders for her and even Smuggar. I think JB and J'Chelle have too much impact on their children when they live close. I wouldn't be surprised to see Anna and Kynzie in pants in the next few years.

Smuggar was in skinny jeans last night and Marcus and Michael get to wear shorts. It's only a matter of time before they make the switch to fundie-light.

Let's hope Anna starts to realize there are more important things to fight for in this world, like getting veterans off the streets.

Let's hope Anna starts to realize there are more important things to fight for in this world, like getting veterans off the streets.

I wonder if the Duggars are really aware of wars and the hardship soldiers suffer?

Also wars have a theme of extreme beliefs at the moment...

I could see JB being sympathetic to homeless soldiers, but I doubt Mullet would bat an eyelid. Anna and Josh would want to help them if they knew about it?

I wonder if the Duggars are really aware of wars and the hardship soldiers suffer?

Also wars have a theme of extreme beliefs at the moment...

I could see JB being sympathetic to homeless soldiers, but I doubt Mullet would bat an eyelid. Anna and Josh would want to help them if they knew about it?

I think JB, Josh, and Anna would all attempt to help homeless vets. They'd probably twist it to be part of their cause but I wouldn't care. Michelle probably would look down her nose at them because you know they aren't babies.

I'm not ready to call pregnant. Anna's weight fluctuates SO MUCH. There have been times that I absolutely thought she was pregnant, and then she was not. She could have had a salty lunch and puffed right up. In the wedding pic on Josh's Instagram, she is holding Michael, and his leg is dangling down her belly rather than being propped up on it. I've never been pregnant, but I assume that it wouldn't be too comfortable or easy to dangle a kid's leg down over your baby bump. It seems like it would be a lot easier just to rest it on top.

But I will admit that yes, those picnic pictures do make Anna look very pregnant.

I'm not ready to call pregnant. Anna's weight fluctuates SO MUCH. There have been times that I absolutely thought she was pregnant, and then she was not. She could have had a salty lunch and puffed right up. In the wedding pic on Josh's Instagram, she is holding Michael, and his leg is dangling down her belly rather than being propped up on it. I've never been pregnant, but I assume that it wouldn't be too comfortable or easy to dangle a kid's leg down over your baby bump. It seems like it would be a lot easier just to rest it on top.

But I will admit that yes, those picnic pictures do make Anna look very pregnant.

Yeah, she's mentioned having a sweet tooth and gorging on Reese's cups no hate from me there, I do the same thing with Lays dill pickle chips LOL! so it could just be that she's fluctuating on her weight. Happens for many women (including myself).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, she's mentioned having a sweet tooth and gorging on Reese's cups no hate from me there, I do the same thing with Lays dill pickle chips LOL! so it could just be that she's fluctuating on her weight. Happens for many women (including myself).

ITA. Though Anna does seem to enjoy being in the public eye, she's not one to confess having IBS or something right on camera. I still believe she wasn't too happy about the toilet birth being filmed but couldn't voice her dislikes due to what or whomever. Soo...she's not exactly the person to say "Oh I'm so fighting gases these days", yet she appears to be pretty prone to bloating etc.

I was checking my Comcast email and there was a link at the bottom of the screen with "Another Duggar Baby on the Way" and a pic of Anna & Josh. I clicked on it and thankfully it was from March 11, 2013 and talked about Anna's pregnancy with Marcus, but for a minute I wasn't sure. Thanks, FJ, for keeping us informed!

One thing I'm curious about is how Anna feels about being in the spotlight. I get that she's playing the TLC game but do you think she'd really mind having a pregnancy overshadowed by The Jilly Muffin Show?

Also notable: Anna knows that the key to the spotlight is steady, continuous births. I wonder if that doesn't factor just a little into our speculations about why her pregnancies are more spaced out.

Archived