IGNORED

Anna throws shade?

ButterscotchEquinox

As long as JB and Michelle are sending other kids to them in DC, I dont see that happening.

The only reason Jana is going there is so she can report back to JB and tell them what they are doing.

I think your right. I think Anna was relieved when her father told Josh it would be a great opportunity for him to accept the Job in DC. To me it seemed obvious that Mike Keller and his wife have seen Jbob and Chelle plant themselves in the newlyweds life. I would go nuts having the other Smuggers always visiting and if Josh was any kind of man he would put his foot down and tell the Arkansas Duggars to stay home, Jimbob and Chelle or no JBob and Chelle.

Then again you have Josh who gravitates toward Arkansas still tied to Chelle and Boobs apron strings. It seems like hes seldom at the DC home but is on the Magical Mystery Duggar Bus with the siblings and parents going to some rally or at the TTH most of the time. If I was Anna I would give him an ultimatum. You think she would want some semblance of privacy and you never see her parents sticking their noses in the DC front door all the time.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know Josh and the boys were shorts.

we've seen Kenzie in pants

We know they have a giant TV in their house

so I would say all that points towards starting to go fundie lite. Maybe they aren't there right now but I think they are getting there.

There was a picture of Mack wearing pants back in AK and I believe they got the TV while Mack was a baby. I don't see these as new things and I don't believe we've seen Anna wearing pants or Mack regularly wearing pant pants (the younger Duggar girls also do a long top with leggings). To me that would be a big line for them to cross, which I don't see them crossing. Josh and Anna still have to make sure they're in line with the other Duggars as long as they're on the show.

Josh has to do so much with the family since that is what got him his job. He can't completely cut the strings right now. It would bring too much bad publicity for all involved. Plus, it would kill his TLC income.

Josh may be having his siblings up to DC as a way to give them a break. Getting them out of the TTH and giving them a little bit of freedom.

I used to really dislike Anna. She was a female Smuggar.

Now I actually kind of like her. She had me laughing in the diet episode about how if the chocolate was hers, she would have eaten it already.

Since they moved to DC, I've actually changed my opinion on both J&A. All the kids seem to have their own rooms and beds. JB & Michelle had the chance to give their kids their own rooms in the new house but didn't.

Plus Anna's reaction or non reaction when Marcus was yelling when they were making the pavers. Noisy kids get a look from Michelle and shushed. Anna just carried on like any normal parent would do when their kid was first working out they could scream loudly.

I wasn't too crazy about Anna in the early days. I didn't dislike her, but she didn't do much for me. But in the last year or so, she has grown on me. I see her working very, very hard for her family, with no help from her husband. She is sweet towards them, and watching her try to take care of her 3 kids, while making an enormous dinner for her 2-million in-laws that were coming in a whole day early really made me feel sorry for her. She could have easily gone Trash-TV and had a fit and said "No way, this isn't happening unless you get off your male dominated ass and help me." But she stepped up to the plate and made it work. I respect her now, for those types of things.

It all started when she was giving birth and Josh decided to go take a nap because he was tired. To this day, that hurts my heart.

I would actually respect Anna more if she had made Josh help her..

Since they moved to DC, I've actually changed my opinion on both J&A. All the kids seem to have their own rooms and beds. JB & Michelle had the chance to give their kids their own rooms in the new house but didn't.

Apparently the kids wanted it that way. I don't know if this is true, or just Mullet making rubbish up, stranger things have happened!!!

Apparently the kids wanted it that way. I don't know if this is true, or just Mullet making rubbish up, stranger things have happened!!!

I don't think they could have given each child their own room unless they did some sort of weird dorm style layout where each child had a little box that was big enough for a bed. I mean they had 16 children at that point and knew they would be having more children.

However I think they could have divided the kids up by age and gender fairly easily into several bedrooms.

Josh, JD and Joseph

Jana and Jill

Jessa, Jinger and Joy

Josiah, Jed and Jer

Jason, James, Justin and Jackson

Hannie

I don't think they could have given each child their own room unless they did some sort of weird dorm style layout where each child had a little box that was big enough for a bed. I mean they had 16 children at that point and knew they would be having more children.

However I think they could have divided the kids up by age and gender fairly easily into several bedrooms.

Josh, JD and Joseph

Jana and Jill

Jessa, Jinger and Joy

Josiah, Jed and Jer

Hannie

I was also thinking about that - it's a big house, however I am unsure how big 7,000 sq ft is (as we use the metric system here) so even a few rooms is better than just two of them.

I agree that even a few to a room and sharing with similar aged siblings would beat everyone in one big room. Also while the house is 7,000 a decent amount of that is including common areas for everyone. One thing I can't understand is not having a school room in the house. But I guess this way we can still call it SOTDT.

I was also thinking about that - it's a big house, however I am unsure how big 7,000 sq ft is (as we use the metric system here) so even a few rooms is better than just two of them.

It's frikkin' big.......... 7000 square feet = 650.32 square meters

You know, I guess Anna is less annoying but you know what? She is still married to a man who would deny my family its existence. She and her husband would think nothing of denying women any and all reproductive rights. They still show up cheering at the value voters summit and spew hate, ignorance, and bigotry. She may be more entertaining on a carefully staged TV show but, don't kid yourself, there is no "fundie lite" here, it is all lipstick on a pig.

You know, I guess Anna is less annoying but you know what? She is still married to a man who would deny my family its existence. She and her husband would think nothing of denying women any and all reproductive rights. They still show up cheering at the value voters summit and spew hate, ignorance, and bigotry. She may be more entertaining on a carefully staged TV show but, don't kid yourself, there is no "fundie lite" here, it is all lipstick on a pig.

I bet they do enjoy the freedom though. Example being the food and television.

They may be just being hypocritical and like mullet, adapting the rules to suit them...

I used to really dislike Anna. She was a female Smuggar.

Now I actually kind of like her. She had me laughing in the diet episode about how if the chocolate was hers, she would have eaten it already.

Plus Anna's reaction or non reaction when Marcus was yelling when they were making the pavers. Noisy kids get a look from Michelle and shushed. Anna just carried on like any normal parent would do when their kid was first working out they could scream loudly.

Same here. I think Anna is one of those people who found her 'wings' by becoming a mother. She gave birth to Kynzie and actually fell in love with her child, rather than viewing her as the starting jewel in a 'look what a great fundie I am with all these kids' crown. She parented her child and did a great job. She found confidence in being a mom and applied that confidence to other areas of her life. She looks a lot prettier now she's changed her hair and make up and developed a bit more of a style. She found her voice and isn't always afraid of using it.

Same here. I think Anna is one of those people who found her 'wings' by becoming a mother. She gave birth to Kynzie and actually fell in love with her child, rather than viewing her as the starting jewel in a 'look what a great fundie I am with all these kids' crown.

I think Mullet and Boob were the same when Josh was born. It was the miscarriage, a Christian Doctor and some good old GUILT that made them turn to the fundie life. However, Anna was already that way, so it's possibly the opposite in this case.

Josh, JD and Joseph

Jana and Jill

Jessa, Jinger and Joy

Josiah, Jed and Jer

Hannie

Separate bedrooms in a large family can lead to cliques. Michelle was the youngest in her family by a lot of years, iirc. I wonder if she often felt left out and didn't want her littlest kids to experience that too.

I agree about Josh and Anna being much more palatable since their move to DC- both are actually humorous at times.

I hope they do limit their family size. This show will not go on forever, and JB holds the purse strings. Times could get real hard if they try to have a mega family. For the life of me, I can not see why Josh would not compare his pre- TLC life to his post -TLC life and connect the dots (maybe he has).

Birth control keeps people OUT of poverty.

I agree about Josh and Anna being much more palatable since their move to DC- both are actually humorous at times.

I hope they do limit their family size. This show will not go on forever, and JB holds the purse strings. Times could get real hard if they try to have a mega family. For the life of me, I can not see why Josh would not compare his pre- TLC life to his post -TLC life and connect the dots (maybe he has).

Birth control keeps people OUT of poverty.

I think he has. I know I've heard him say around 4 kids is what he wants.

I think he has. I know I've heard him say around 4 kids is what he wants.

I personally wouldn't be suprised if Anna and / or Josh have looked into birth control; if not already using it. They have rather quickly caught on that lots of kids is hard and mostly, impossible work.

I personally wouldn't be suprised if Anna and / or Josh have looked into birth control; if not already using it. They have rather quickly caught on that lots of kids is hard and mostly, impossible work.

They may have examined how much work it is taking them, how much more work it would take to handle double what they have, and how Michelle handled triple that. Maybe Josh has connected the dots as far as how Michelle "handled" it all, and who was doing the bulk of the child-rearing. Well, we can hope.

I think Anna loves her kids,and tries to be a good mom. I can see her and Josh being happy with just the three. I do suspect that there is pressure from the Duggar family to have more. In the long run, They may want more. I hope they do it when they feel ready and not due to pressure from the family brand.

I can so clearly remember cringing at the (obviously staged) episode where Anna is sat with Josh at the car lot and longingly pulling out a pregnancy test, in desperation that she wasn't pregnant, despite the ink barely being dry on their marriage certificate. Anna definitely seems a lot different now, in that its not the end of the world if she isn't pregnant two minutes after giving up breastfeeding the previous child. But I can't forget that she and her in laws hold views that I completely disagree with.

yes, the kids wanted it that way. Just like they "want" and make up all their own courtship rules. :confusion-shrug: :roll: :roll:

And Jinger really wants to live closer to a Walmart. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Separate bedrooms in a large family can lead to cliques. Michelle was the youngest in her family by a lot of years, iirc. I wonder if she often felt left out and didn't want her littlest kids to experience that too.

I agree that with that big of a house, they could have easily given each child a separate room. Or at least a few rooms that only two or three of them had to share.

And well, I think it's completely healthy and normal that children want to play or hang out with children their age. Yes, the younger ones might feel left out if the older teen sister wants to have some girl talk with another teenager, but that's not a reason to force adolescents and young adults to share a room and a bed! with toddlers and preschoolers. And within the Duggar family, there are enough children in each age group so that no one has to feel left out.

Forcing all of the girls and boys to share a room and never granting a child some alone time and privacy leads to a lot of resentment and frustration.

They may have examined how much work it is taking them, how much more work it would take to handle double what they have, and how Michelle handled triple that. Maybe Josh has connected the dots as far as how Michelle "handled" it all, and who was doing the bulk of the child-rearing. Well, we can hope.

I'm of the hope that Smug is actually getting a brain savvy and has put the dots together...

And well, I think it's completely healthy and normal that children want to play or hang out with children their age. Yes, the younger ones might feel left out if the older teen sister wants to have some girl talk with another teenager, but that's not a reason to force adolescents and young adults to share a room and a bed! with toddlers and preschoolers. And within the Duggar family, there are enough children in each age group so that no one has to feel left out.

I do feel sorry for poor Joy in that regard because she was a little bit too young to really fit in with the J'Slaves, but the lost girls are too young to be her friends. At least she seems to be really good friends with Carlin Bates which gives her a female friend close in age. Even now Joy is a teenager, she looks a bit awkward when tagging along with the J'Slaves group because she didn't grow up 'in the clique'.

I do agree though that trying to force close friendships among the children can lead to resentment and be counter productive. I know as a child, my older female cousins on my Dad's side were 6-10 years older than us and they were expected to be nice to me and my twin sister and be respectful, but they were not forced to hang out with us either. We used to get told 'leave the older girls alone, they are doing teenager things', rather than them being forced to put up with a couple of 8 year olds.

Archived