IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell is MARRIED!!!

anjulibai

No problem :)

Just right click on the image and save it to your hard drive and then follow these handy steps that HA typed out (because they are better than the ones I'd give you) ;)

Awesome, thank you!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Son of a...

Steve, you sneaky bastard. :clap:

I take it as an attempt to ward of FJ sleuthers that they didn't use either couple's full last name in the registry (and an attempt to avoid livesnark by depriving us of a wedding stream - HOW COULD YOU, Steve?!) - though it does beg the question how much advance planning there was for this, as there's barely anything on their registry that's been bought (i.e. suggesting there might not have been a shower?) Also, that's a tiny ass registry for two people who presumably own no household items - I recall Joseph and Elizabeth having a much more extensive list.

I wonder if Elissa knows that the house furnishings were picked out for and by another woman?

It's interesting observing her from those few pictures - that dress has color and dots and is definitely more stylish than your average fundie girl. It's even bolder than Elizabeth's outfit in the engagement shots (again, relying on memory here). She's not from the NR-Anna school of frumpy fundie, that's for sure.

What's interesting is I am pretty sure he described Elizabeth as the love of his life. So under their concept of dating and love, he has given so much heart away to another woman

After spending a few minutes sputtering "What the...?" I'm now thinking that the Maxwells really only show us what they want to show us. They've hidden some very major events in the last year or so including several deaths in addition to this courtship. Is it possible that they aren't quite as creepy and isolated as they want us to believe?

This is exactly what I have been thinking for a while.

OMG- the people at this church look like they actually have f*n and some of the women are in P*nts! How did this girl get sucked into the Maxwell vortex? Or did they just use the church as a wedding venue and she and her family aren't really members?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Providenc ... 5678342742

http://www.pbcfrankfort.org/default.htm

Does that dress have an extra piece of material at the neck? It looks like a quite nice, reasonably modest neckline but with an extra piece added. I need a front view!

We have always known they keep things quiet, but this is specifically related to preserving their brand. When I confronted Steve and pointed out there were two failed engagements he seemed a little shocked actually that people would know. I think they cycle through fans somewhat.

Assuming it's the same Elissa, several of her comments on the blog are in spanish and then in this one blog.titus2.com/2014/06/27/little-mr-max-votes-to-come-early/ she's in Ecuador. Do we think she's Ecuadorian or was she (or her family) a missionary?

Yes, they stuffed some filler in the neckline. At least they didn't sew in a tee shirt like piece.

Is that a regular SBC church? Second recent fundie spouse from a relatively normal church if it is.

Left the following comment:

"So Steve, you managed to get another one married. But as I told you when you brought your cult to my town, you have ruined and broken your children, disrespected your wife. And you preach evil. Joseph has now had more engagements than I have just as Christopher had as well. Is his heart damaged, is there less of it around? I would say yes. Does he vaguely feel uncomfortable calling Elissa the love of his life? Do you feel like a fraud Steve? Because you are.

I wish the married couple happiness and a strong desire that they escape your cult and become adults where they can make choices and have desires distinct from you. I doubt it though, because you have broken your children. I weep for them."

No idea, and the commenter may not be her. But the comments slow down from her in May, which would be a courtship like time for a sept 6 wedding,

Holy shit! As I am typing this I bet Joe and Elissa are having sweet fellowship now.

Sweet for him, likely more akin to assault for her :cry:

I can't believe Steve let Joseph pursue another more worldly bride after the first debacle. I mean, her home church has all the things Steve disapproves of:

It is a church with other people, not a family "church" (unless they just used it for the wedding)

They have Vacation Bible School

They have f*n

Women wear pants

Women show their ankles

And there's boy/girl dancing in the church (per the FB pictures). What the hell kind of Baptist church is this? ;)

Also the Elissa that Treemom links to who comments on the blog seems to be a native Spanish speaker. Intriguing.

We have always known they keep things quiet, but this is specifically related to preserving their brand. When I confronted Steve and pointed out there were two failed engagements he seemed a little shocked actually that people would know. I think they cycle through fans somewhat.

Yeah. Not only did it mean no risk of another failed courtship, but it also has that exciting, dramatic feel, which is appealing to certain fundies.

So how long will it be before we get a pregnancy announcement from the newlyweds?

I give it nine months until an announcement.

I've long suspected what we see is about as real as "19 kids and counting". We know the DIL's have contact with their families but never any mention. No mention of recent deaths either. If its not related to the kids at home or the work they do its not worth mentioning.

I would not be surprised if the Munck's were shocked at what they read here because it didn't match their vision of a shiny happy family and they let Steve know when they called it off. This time no concern over that, and they can draw more hits by teasing the courtship and wedding out over several posts.

It also means the people they are shilling their cult too will now know even less about their hypocrisy, they may have tons of failed courtships and engagements but we will never know which means their lies can't be exposed.

After spending a few minutes sputtering "What the...?" I'm now thinking that the Maxwells really only show us what they want to show us. They've hidden some very major events in the last year or so including several deaths in addition to this courtship. Is it possible that they aren't quite as creepy and isolated as they want us to believe?

For the sake of that poor young lady, I certainly hope so!

I think however what we know about their isolation is exactly that. Basically we need to think of Occam's razor. We know what they think of fun and Pepsi and animal crackers. We see the silted writing and the explanation of things that are mundane as exciting. We aren't hearing about the deaths and the marriages, but they seem to indicate we will hear the backstory on this one.

There is no reason to believe they are not isolated and creepy. Everything points to it.

Looking back at some of the pictures of Joseph from their recent trip, he's got some real shit-eating grins going on. I guess we know why now. :shock:

Archived