IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell is MARRIED!!!

anjulibai

Well, they appear to be standing closer in their pictures that Joseph and Elizabeth were. Still not touching, but less than 6 inches apart.

She used the word "helpmeet"..... :ew:

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brain didn't register when I first saw that post.....but then I immediately knew I had to get on FJ to see the lowdown on this.

HOLY ****.

Wow. Did Steve just pull one over us? I guess it's not hard since he has complete control over his blog but still.....

WOW.

Thinking a bit on this, I guess it makes sense that they would avoid announcing anything until the marriage was a done deal. They don't want another Elizabeth Munck situation. A third failed courtship will really start to be bad for business. Also, I'm thinking Joseph was reluctant to publicly share his courtship with the world. I'm divided on whether this was a nefarious attempt by Steve to do damage control in case the courtship doesn't go through, or it was to protect Joseph from another public humiliation.

Still, the fact that the Maxwell family was able to hide this, with no hints of a courtship or wedding planned, speaks volume about how little we know about the family. Logically, I know that the Maxwells let us see what they want us to see. However, the fact that FJites are able to dig up all kinds of information on the family's doings made me feel confident that we are aware of most major going-ons in the family.

Based on what people have been able to dig up, the wedding was in KY, about nine hours from the Maxwells. I assume most of the wedding planning was done by Elissa and her family, with the Maxwells providing minimal input. This is probably one reason we didn't suspect anything major was going on.

I wonder how long the couple have courted. It appears Elissa knows something about the Maxwells beforehand. One of the above poster's link to comments by a person named "Elissa" on the Maxwell's blog hints that Elissa and/or family is a fan of the Maxwells. Perhaps she's more aware of the Maxwells' *unique* family? Then again, the Muncks were also Maxwell fans and the family probably became weirded out after getting too close to the Maxwells....

I wonder if Steve thinks he's "safe" now that Elissa is married to Joseph. Maybe he thinks she cannot back out now that she is married. Well, we will see. It really depends on how fundie her own family is. From her wedding dress, it looks like she's more Melanie Maxwell than NR-Anna. Perhaps Joseph is also more enlightened than Steve. One can hope.

It also occurred to me that Elissa will be a long ways from home. That's also going to be hard for her. She's being dropped into one of the most closed off fundie families, several hours from home, with a husband who may be completely under the control of Steve. Melanie has a family nearby, and NR-Anna comes from just as a conservative household (if not more) as the Maxwells. How will Joseph's bride cope?

I also have to wonder how long the two have courted before marriage? Was this a slow courtship? Did Joseph spend more time with Elissa to get to know her better? Or did he try to hide anything that he believes may scare off Elissa? I hope it's the former. So many questions. I hope the Maxwells will answer a few of them.

Does anyone else think Steve is somewhere feeling kind of smug about all this? He's managed to pull off this great caper under everyone's noses. No one suspected that Joseph was even courting! In fact, some of us have commented on the lack of courtships thus far. Perhaps this will be Steve's new modus operandi from here on out. He will not say anything until the deal is sealed. We may one day find Sarah or John married yet!

I love how their wedding pic is so obviously done by Christopher. It's DARK (like where you go when you die) and it's wonky and off centre. I hope it's a throwaway and not their official one.

Sarah mentioned that the relationship has been developing for a year. Looking at the Maxwells' schedule, they did a conference in Louisville, KY at the end of September last year. Perhaps Elissa's family drove over from Frankfort?

blog.titus2.com/2013/10/01/our-time-in-kentucky/

I don't see her anywhere in the pictures though. Oh well, I guess we'll hear the story soon enough! :popcorn2:

I go away from FJ for a few hours and I miss the scoop. Am I the only one who finds this way more interesting than the Duggars marrying and getting pregnant? Following the Maxwells is like watching exotic animals in the zoo and a new panda has arrived to make panda babies.

Those are some awful engagement pictures. The color and lighting are off. They must have had a no touching engagement. The closest they get is Joseph's arm almost touching Elissa's boob. I will say that her dress is livelier than anything I have seen a Maxwell wear. She looks nice and brain would not scream fundy if I saw her in person. Fundies sure are able to get over broken courtships fast and quickly fall in "love" again.

It seems like Steve has just decided to marry off the boys and keep the girls home. I wonder if the Maxwell girls will never be allowed to get married because it entails sex and Steve might not want his girls to be sex objects.

*shocked* the animal crackers nearly fell outta my mouth! Married ya say?! Wow!

How come she isn't wearing make up or earrings? Joseph is so hot, he deserves a glamorous bride. Off to the prayer closet with me! That's where the secret Pepsi is hidden!

So, all their marriages are of sons.... not their older daughters.

because it's just too cruel to deprive a son of the experience of sex and a family but it's fine to deny a daughter a chance to fulfill the only destiny for which she's been trained her entire life? :angry-banghead: that is, being a wife and mom, and yes, enjoying a love life.

sorry if i sound bitter... just have had too many fundie friends who didn't get the chance to live a life of their own because they were kept under a rock or the dad never allowed relationships to develop.

But how will they keep the family name going if the girls don't marry? I guess Steve is scared of another headship. I hope fans will start questioning why the girls aren't married. It's really sad to rub it in their face and to not experience what the it brothers are experiencing.

They leave out such big chunks of their lives on the blog. It's odd.

I did a lot if digging and couldn't figure out her last name. I looked at the churches Facebook and at the profiles of all it's members and likers. Nothing. We don't even know if she goes to church there, or her age, actual hometown.

I did every google possible. Most homeschoolers will be mentioned on websites at some point, for winning an award, or being on some team. Unless they're isolated like the Maxwells. If the Maxwells didn't have a site/biz you couldn't even google them or the kids because they only exist in their little family world.

Oh well I am sure Sarah for the rest will bless us with a wonderfully written courtship story and pics.

By fundie standards, that's a really pretty dress. I'm not wild about the cut of the sleeves, but at least the beading continues onto them and the modesty panel is made of the same material as the top layer of the skirt; it actually looks like it may have been designed that way, rather than clumsily altered.

Sarah's writing is really making me cringe, though. "The story with details will come later of their beautiful relationship". I can't believe people pay money for the Moody books. An eight-year-old has better syntax.

I think this engagement proves a few things.

First: the people on FJ do not stalk. We simply respond to things that fundies say and do publicly. No one here trolled the Maxwell's enough to know about this wedding ahead of time - however people did comment on the odd way the family seems to live as presented on their public blog.

Second: If the Maxwell's are only presenting the image they want on their blog/books etc. How strange that they should choose to present an image that makes the family look dull, lacking joy and isolationist? Most people who have a brand they want to present choose a brand that makes them look: fun, interesting, and exciting - something that makes you want to go out and purchase products to be like them. They don't choose to make themselves look odd unless there is something to be gained from this. I would think the Maxwell's fundie fans would be more likely to buy their products if the Maxwell's came across more like the Bates or the Duggars. Yet they choose to present themselves in a way that has led to us branding their oldest daughter as "poor Sarah" or commenting about their celebratory two animal crackers etc.

So I don't think that this means that the Maxwell's aren't as odd as we have thought they are - it means they are odder.

Well I'm shocked, but I really shouldn't be. He was hours away from a marriage last time, has a house all ready that he has to look at every day and be reminded of what was supposed to be, if they didn't marry him off soon it was going to be hard to keep him controlled. I won't be surprised if they keep all the courtships and marriages secret until it is a done deal after his first failed engagement. Steve can't control the woman during the courtship period to make sure that she won't run, so it is best to keep her out of the public eye until he can control her.

So its nearly midnight here and I plug in for my daily dose of the maxhell siao opera and. Oh. My. Stevehivah. I am in shock. Where the hell did she come from!!!!!!!< :pink-shock:

Is this another virgin sacrificed to Maxhell?

Most definitely. After the Elizabeth catastrophe, I bet Stevehovah was being extra careful with Elissa's background, no skeletons in her prayer closet or pieces of her heart given away to some other guy than Stevehovah's own mini-me. In these people's minds (and fundies in general) I'm sure it's somewhat ok for a guy to give pieces of his heart away but definitely not for a girl - oh that hussy, forever destroyed by her past :roll: Reminds me of a horrible story from some extremely strict Taleban-like place, where a woman was sentenced to death because of sex outside of marriage. She was actually a single lady who was raped. The man got x amount of lashes...

Back to THE surprise of the year... I almost spat out my daily dose of Pepsi when I read about the news. 1-0 for Stevehovah this time. It shouldn't be a surprise after all their failed engagements that they wanted to keep this secret, but I was still shocked. I just hope this poor lady knows what she does and who she's messing with. Interesting that she had a lot of red stuff in the registry, even a red comforter. Isn't that a bit too bold for a Maxwell who will live in a beige house? :naughty:

I must say I like their engagement pictures. I've always liked candy colours and a little bit of bokeh in the background. The happy couple looks surprisingly natural with each other, even when trying so.hard. not to touch. The last photo of Joseph on his kness is actually quite cute. And even after saying this all, I feel bad for them, for him being brainwashed and unable to live his own life, for her marrying into this evil cult, and for their future arrows for everything. I hope she realises she ain't gonna make any new true friends outside the "immediate family", no church friends of her own age, no neighbours starting their own families as well, no hobbies of her own.. You better have your feather duster ready, Elissa, because that'll be your new best friend.

0511-0810-2001-2857_Maid_Dusting_a_Hotel_Room_clipart_image.jpg

Archived