IGNORED

rotisserie chicken

Lillybee

I just bought a rotisserie chicken from Costco. Does anyone have suggestions as to what to do with it BTW it is about 105 degrees here is easy is best.

Shred the meat and put it in a frittata with some veggies and cheese - spinach and feta or sweet potato and leek or asparagus and corn - if you want a super quick light meal. That's one of my go to meals after work, with a quick Greek salad on the side.

Shred a portion of meat and mixed with chopped green onion, chopped apple, a few walnuts, raisins, curry powder and some mayonnaise. Curried chicken salad.

chicken salad (either for sandwiches or over greens)

slice and serve cold with some bread and cheese and grapes (ploughmans lunch)

shred and toss with salsa and cheese and wrap in a tortilla

slice and serve over greek salad

or my favorite: stand over the counter while you pull pieces of meat off and eat them right there. :)

or my favorite: stand over the counter while you pull pieces of meat off and eat them right there. :)

:laughing-rollingyellow:

Oh Zock, you must be one of my children. Because that's our dinner 2 or 3 times a week!

The way it goes here is sliced chicken breast with sides, chicken sandwiches, enchiladas or quesadillas or both if a large chicken, chicken soup.

• 2 weeks later...

I throw mine in a quick stir fry this time of year. Whatever veggies I can pick up, quickly sautéed and then served over rice or quinoa.

• 1 month later...

I'm a fan of the salad approach. I love putting a ton of herbs into a chicken salad - cilantro/scallions/basil with some chopped arugula, mustard, a touch of mayo, lemon, paprika.

Archived