IGNORED

It's Saturday- what are the Duggars doing? Oh and you too?

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not doing much of anything today... It's been kind of a crazy week, so I'm enjoying the windy weather and trying to pick a movie to watch. Later, I might go out for coffee. It's a whatever kind of day.

... bet the j-slaves don't see many whatever days.

Ran errands this morning, cleaned a bit, changed all the linens, and the AustinDude is at the supermarket. We're going to have an early dinner out and see the 7:30 showing of Sarah's Key.

I'm not doing much of anything today... It's been kind of a crazy week, so I'm enjoying the windy weather and trying to pick a movie to watch. Later, I might go out for coffee. It's a whatever kind of day.

... bet the j-slaves don't see many whatever days.

and that is sad because they should have whatever days.

I get mad that the kids never went school shopping. I am offically enrolling my kids in public school this year and let me tell you I forgot the fun the kids get looking for suplies- unless it is only my kids :)

Right now, I am watching my 14 yr old son cleaning. He sorted laundry, did a load of laundry, vacuumed and is unloading the dishwasher. No, I didn't tell him to do it. He is bored and didn't think that he could go ride his bike.I am going to go to the grocery store, do some crafting (friends gave us cheapo Ikea lamps so I am going to upcycle them with coffee filter flowers. Please god don't let it look like hell.) Cut my younger sons hair. Maybe go play bocce ball later with the kids and hubs and/or go to the world market wine tasting event. (free!)

duggars are not going to have as much fun as me. Except maybe Michelle who is watching her children work.

I am so gross today. My basement was flooded earlier in the summer - well, not flooded, just a little bit of water on part of the floor - and we've been putting off going through boxes because we dreaded it. Also, when we moved into our house we bought it from an elderly couple and they left a good chunk of their stuff in the house, that we've been putting off getting rid of for a few years. Today is "suck it up" day - we rented a dumpster, and we're going through the basement, garage, breezeway, everywhere we can think of and chucking everything we can. Ugh.

I got up at 530 to go to my job outside the home, wearing totally defrauding shorts and t-shirt. Then I stopped and bought a new pair of shoes to wear with my new dress to church tomorrow. RIght now I am polishing off a bag of potato chips and thinking of getting a beer out of the fridge. I'm pretty sure my Saturday would not meet with Duggar approval. I imagine the J-slaves are dealing with cranky little ones at this moment, or else fixing something godly but not healthy for dinner. Michelle is probably counting up how many crowns in heaven she has earned. Jim Boob is probably ironing his hair. Josh and Anna are probably working on Grandduggar #3 whilst the other two take a nap.

I finished washing my car (my 3 year-old washed her car too...an orange corvette!). I'm prepping for an open house tomorrow, and just relaxing. Our family just recovered from the flu, so my husband is recuperating on the couch.

I was just sitting on the toilet seat painting my toenails when the POLICE walked up my driveway.(I live in the woods and have no curtains) I called down "hello" and she said someone called to say a bear is in my yard. I am not getting up because my toes are wet and my husband comes outside in a duskmask all sweaty as he is cleaning. Long story short,we are back on bear watch and I think the police lady thought I was USING the toliet which embarrasses me. :oops: I was painting my toes I swear! :dance:

I am leaving for the evening in a few minutes...

I picked up my new bike equipped with a basket :). Took it for a ride and loved it but tired myself out....i think I'm going to a movie...My mom and I are enjoying our last days before we have to go to school. We went to Mall of America just for the fun of it. But I don't know what we are doing.

I was just sitting on the toilet seat painting my toenails when the POLICE walked up my driveway.(I live in the woods and have no curtains) I called down "hello" and she said someone called to say a bear is in my yard. I am not getting up because my toes are wet and my husband comes outside in a duskmask all sweaty as he is cleaning. Long story short,we are back on bear watch and I think the police lady thought I was USING the toliet which embarrasses me. :oops: I was painting my toes I swear! :dance:

I am leaving for the evening in a few minutes...

Sure, you were, whatever you say. :naughty: ;)

Just kidding, have fun at the derby.

I bought a new couch last week so I'm making full use of it today and breaking it in. Went Walmarting this morning and bought some very non-Duggar approved things - fresh fruits & veggies, real meat.

went to see the help. All the women in the room with us were crying (no lie). I will NEVER eat a chocolate pie as long as I live because of this movie! Tea's out too. (I say this now but you never know)

The dugger day vs B. girl's day:

me +the headship: woke up at 7:00 - had toast and coffee in bed (made by the headship) while we talked about our plans for the day

J-Boob +children: woke up on "Dugger tme" and ate some processed cereal in a paper bowl

J-chelle - fed Josie then handed her to Jana and then sat in her room

me: 8:00 cleaned and re organized all the kitchen shelves and fridge and freezer, headship - the same thing

J slaves: cleaned up the house/managed kids

Jboob- drove around then went to a store and bought used and saved the difference

J-chelle - sat in her room staring at the walls

me: 10-11 tidied up the rest of the house while the head ship did the laundry then made lunch while the headship did ironing

Jslaves: cleaned what ever was left over and made lunch

Jchelle - in her room staring out the window

me: after lunch went grocery shopping, came home put every thing away and prepped for dinner (marinated steak) headship: made fresh bread for the week

Jslaves: prepped for dinner

JBoob - wandered over to Josh's car lot to chit chat

Jchelle- stayed in her room

me: afternoon headhip and I "napped"

Jslaves - looked after the younger children

JB and Jchelle - went to their room to "nap"

After dinner plans: me+ headship - watch movie (probably on the list tonight: Run Fat Boy Run)

Duggers - praying

Today, the headship and I went grocery shopping (which he hates doing), then picked up his sister and went to the Teacher Store and then went to work on his classroom for a few hours. It finally looks like a place to hold class! Came home, made dinner, finished the laundry.

Right now, I'm "testing" one of the ipad's he has for the classroom by playing Oregon Trail. Headship went to a birthday party for a friend. I needed time alone, so I'm staying behind. Debating between folding the laundry or taking a hot bath before he comes back....

My parents are in South Carolina for the weekend, so in between packing for college and doing assloads of laundry, I'm geeking out and hanging with my boyfriend.

yeah... 'hanging'... I'm sure that's what JimBoob and Ofjimboob are doing.

Slept in till the phone rang. Errant spouse got up and showered and then gave me his plans for the day. I added some things for him to do and then I took my meds for my hives.

Went out to the front room and watched bad sci fi movies till he got home. The meds made me sleepy so i took a late nap.Errant spouse made me a quesadilla for dinner.

Tomorrow will be laid back. Grilling some steaks, and watching the NCIS marathon.

Michelle would probably approve of my day since I did very little. My dishes are cleans, the clothes are folded and I am still dealing with hives.

My day was definitely NOT fundie approved. I watched a movie and got actual ideas that may not take to kindly to a patriarch's molding.

My day was definitely NOT fundie approved. I watched a movie and got actual ideas that may not take to kindly to a patriarch's molding.

I didn't see a movie, but my day was certainly not fundie-approved either, and things I was doing would most certainly not take kindly to a patriach's molding.

;)

Went to a party at a coworker's house, where we drank lots of beer and played beanbag toss and then Kinect. It was awesome. :)

It's Sunday here and I'm not doing much. I should be doing my essay that is due on Thursday but I just can't find the motivation.

100% Chocolate Cafe with two friends (all of us dressed in defrauding pants), and then off to a bookstore to find study materials for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (found nothing I wanted, sadly).

Yesterday, we went to a memorial service for my husband's brother who passed away 5 years ago at the age of 20. We released balloons at his grave site and then everyone went back to my in-laws house to eat and tell funny stories about him. I wasn't lucky enough to have ever known him while he was alive (he died about 2 years before I met my husband), so I enjoyed getting to know him through everyone else.

Both a sad and happy Saturday. I'm not sure what the Duggars did, but I do know they are lucky enough not to have to do what we did yesterday and for that they should be thankful.

Archived