IGNORED

A Satire Article on Modesty/Remember the Ladies MERGE

Want More Babies

Idris Elba in a suit = I'll be in my bunk.

The comments are a goldmine. Fundies show up all offended and showing off SOTDRT edumacations.

Nothing quite like a subpar education to rob you of the ability to discern comedy.

I just had a light-bulb moment! I have figured out why Zsu buys such ill-fitting suits for PP!

tR32dSJ.jpg

I just had a light-bulb moment! I have figured out why Zsu buys such ill-fitting suits for PP!

tR32dSJ.jpg

David Byrne wears ill-fitting suits and is smoking hot. I don't think it's PP's clothing that is keeping me from being tempted. ;)

I don't think it's PP's clothing that is keeping me from being tempted. ;)

Really.

But then, you think he's repulsive, I think he's repulsive, but maybe Zsu thinks he's the bees knees, and wants to protect him from the lust of other women. :wink-kitty:

tR32dSJ.jpg

Is he demonstrating a blow job in this picture?

:laughing-rolling: oh my gosh i shouldn't laugh but that was hilarious; i hadn't noticed his facial expression before you pointed it out.

Another good comment, from someone who posted under the name Rissa:

That’s the problem, though, isn’t it? A culture which not only permits but in many cases encourages people to believe that men should view women as their property, or potential future property. Even the chastity arguments are usually phrased as exhortations to “save yourself†for your husband–as though you belong to a man you have probably not yet met MORE than you belong to yourself.

There are actually people who think you don’t have the right to display your sexual assets because they think they have a greater claim to your sexuality than you do. They will not usually say it so explicitly, of course. They will say you are “disrespecting†yourself (because they can mysteriously better decide how you can respect yourself than you could ever figure out for yourself) or that you are advertising something that’s not for sale. But behind those sugar-coated admonitions is the internalized belief that some other human on this planet has a greater right to your flesh and bones than you do.

They are not genuinely concerned with physical attraction. They are concerned with ownership. And you choosing to wear yoga pants, or me choosing to wear a pencil skirt cut above the knee, are deeply threatening to anybody who thinks they have as much right as you to decide who does and does not gain access to your body.

They are the gatekeepers of a house they did not build and have no right to enter. Their position would be hilarious, if only it weren’t so widespread.

• 2 months later...

Archived