IGNORED

A Satire Article on Modesty/Remember the Ladies MERGE

Want More Babies

Bumping because it's WONDERFUL in so many ways :pink-shock:

If only I had an image of Jon Hamm/Don Draper in a suit ... and not ....

Sad that at my age, and with all those years of being a Christian lady in my past, I go "hoo!" at the sight of a smoky-eyed man. Tch. What would Stacy McDonald say about such (cue the gasp) lust in a so-called lady's heart?

I was laughing until about halfway through when I just scrolled through the pictures while thinking thoughts about how much better those suits would look on my floor....

This is a must read!

"Don’t these men have any self respect? Do they even understand how their clothing affects me? I wonder what is going through men’s heads when they decide to dress this way. All I know is that when a man wears a nice suit with pants that are juuuust tight enough, I will notice."

"Listen, as a woman I’m an emotional creature. I want to feel protected and safe, and nothing screams “I am a MAN and I will protect you†like a suit and tie. I can’t help it, that’s just how I’m wired.** It’s science. LOOK IT UP."

My favorite quote: "Have you considered maybe wearing a suit that is too large for you?"

Wait. We're there actual words with those photos?!? I was like "please please PLEASE let ther be one of David Beckham!" Still...great photo album. :wink-kitty:

Why would men need to dress in a way that won't encourage lust from females. Everyone knows that women aren't visual people.

http://thesaltcollective.org/modesty-whensuitsbecomestumblingblock/

A really funny piece on modesty and men. The author mentions an article by Phylicia Masonheimer about yoga pants and modesty and Phylicia makes an appearance on the blog to let her know her yoga pants are in a twist.

Waah! I'm getting a 404 server error on this -- is it working for anyone else?

Waah! I'm getting a 404 server error on this -- is it working for anyone else?

i did too, for a while. Keep trying, the hot guys in suits are waiting (cary grant ahhh)! :lol: (mbe their server keeps giving a busy signal or something) :techie-offtheair:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christianzamora/women-whove-rocked-suits-better-than-men

Well. Now that I have look at the suits, maybe I can read the article :lol:

:lol:

But I kept waiting for the classic Dietrich in suit and top hat photo, and it never arrived. And no Ellen Page? *moment of silence*

There is still much jaw-dropping awesomeness, though. (Janelle Monáe and Tilda Swinton are so dapper. And I covet Cate Blanchett's glasses.)

I am an equal-opportunity ogler, and I think that was a very nice addition to Salt Collective's collection of fetching pictures-- thank you for sharing it!

The comments are a goldmine. Fundies show up all offended and showing off SOTDRT edumacations.

Thank you so much for sharing this important article! I think I'll be returning to it again and again as I progress on my spiritual journey. :pray:

Perfectly structured satire -- I love it.

My list would include being silly, funny or gentle and caring -- that gets me even more than the smoldering, sometimes!

Those darned men and their defrauding behaviors. It's all their fault.

I love so many of the comments. For example:

Preachers are the WORST about this. They like to strut around on stage in their suits. That puts the congregation at eye level with… well, you know. Desperate bid for attention. Stumble me not!

Perfect.

Keep trying, the hot guys in suits are waiting (cary grant ahhh)! :lol:

He isn't there -- maybe she edited. But, if you want him, here you go:

nYxiI8t.jpg

It was difficult to make him look bad. But he was always game for a director who wanted to give it a try for humor, as in I Was a Male War Bride:

J9edQY5.jpg

oh thank you :D i got gary grant mixed up with gregory peck lol

(wasn't actually reading the post just scrolling the photos) :lol:

gregory_peck-2.jpg

and I thought I was the only one that likes to see a man in a well cut suit (and that knows how to wear it!).

'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.

I mean, I enjoy a well ripped man just as much as the next girl, but a well ripped man in a tailored suit? Mmmm mmm. ;)

and I thought I was the only one that likes to see a man in a well cut suit (and that knows how to wear it!).

what kind of well cut suit? :D

skyfall-movie-poster-james-bond-daniel-craig-2012.jpg

DanielCraigJamesBondWorkout.jpg

oh thank you :D i got gary grant mixed up with gregory peck lol

(wasn't actually reading the post just scrolling the photos) :lol:

You dirty girl!

Oh wait, it's not your fault -- the men are defrauding.

You poor, poor victim of men's immodesty.

You are welcome re the names -- they were both tall, dark and handsome!

Yes please to both. Mmmmm. However I detect a lack of cillian murphy. That man has got the magnetism of a real life dorian gray.

Archived