IGNORED

Why do we hear so little about the Phillips children?

Deleted12

I can name all the Botkins in order, and I could probably take a good stab at the Duggars if I put my mind to it. For that matter, I could easily pick any of them out of a lineup. The Phillips kids... I'm lost.

Of the Phillips children there's the oldest one with dark hair, then Justice who is the blonde?, then the older girl, then, like three more, then there's Honor who is the little boy?, then Virginia is the little girl.

Is there a Providence? A Mercy? Wait, is the oldest girl Liberty? A Prudence? A Faith? A Hope? A Virtue? A Calvin Knox? A Calvin Klein?

Why (for such a bloviating jackass) are the kids kept so far below the radar?

I actually totally went and looked up the kids in response to my own post.

I really spaced out on Joshua, who is the oldest one. The rest (in case you were all dying to know) are Justice, Liberty, Jubilee, Faith, Honor, Providence, and Virginia Hope.

We never hear a thing about, like, five of these kids.

Is Joshua the boy who a lot of people think might be gay? Or is it another Phillip's boy? Well who ever it is, that boy is a cutie pie. :D

If we don't hear about them, we sure as hell see them.

Go to Doug's Blog & the most recent entry is a video of the VF catalog photo shoot, mostly starring Dougie's children.

Haven't done a statistical analysis but I'd say they're in close to half of all photos Dougie posts on his blog. They're in far more than half of his advertising & promotional stuff.

If we don't hear about them, we sure as hell see them.

Go to Doug's Blog & the most recent entry is a video of the VF catalog photo shoot, mostly starring Dougie's children.

Haven't done a statistical analysis but I'd say they're in close to half of all photos Dougie posts on his blog. They're in far more than half of his advertising & promotional stuff.

He sometimes posts pictures of them, but it looks like most of the pictures are captioned stuff like "Virginia found a snail in the garden" or "Titus Andronicus turned 8 today."

And like I said, there are three kids you almost NEVER see.

Like I said, there are three kids you almost NEVER see.

Perhaps Dougie doesn't think they're FABULOUS-enough looking, and has sent them away for extreme makeovers.

Someone needs to teach their kids manners. The gum in that kid's mouth was distracting to the extreme, and irritating as hell. Very rude.

They may be raising the most godly of the next generation, but they fail at socially appropriate behavior.

Someone needs to teach their kids manners. The gum in that kid's mouth was distracting to the extreme, and irritating as hell. Very rude.

They may be raising the most godly of the next generation, but they fail at socially appropriate behavior.

Kind of like some other famous fundy children? Looking at you Josh.

I only know Joshua Titus because he was such an arrogant little snot during their trip to the Vatican. The others haven't been on my radar at all. Do you think Doug would give JT a coveted VF Internship when he's old enough, even though he would be taking the place of some handsome godly young man Doug could be mentoring?

OK. I see what you mean.

From what I have observed, Dougie's display of his children has gone in phases. When I first started looking at Doug's Blog 6-7 years ago, Joshua, Jubilee & Honor showed up most frequently. After her arrival in 2006, Virginia Hope instantly became Dougie's favorite subject. Certainly, she has starred in more of those dopey videos he's put on his blog than any of her siblings. More recently, Liberty (eldest daughter) seems to be featured more regularly & prominently, as in going with Be-All to the textile workshops while Dougie & company were manning up on the Amazon and elsewhere. Finally, Joshua, Justice & Liberty have appeared in VF's catalog for years now. The two kids who have generally been less visible are Faith & Providence, and now Honor seems to be featured less regularly. I guess when you have a star like Virginia why bother with the others?

I hadn't seen any of these videos before. That little Virginia is adorable! It's amazing how these sexist fundie families end up with spunky daughters like Virginia and Johannah Duggar.

I think we hear about Joshua and Virginia more because they are the eldest and youngest children. Josh appears to be a little more attention hungry then the next oldest children (Justice and Liberty) who seem to be really camera shy. Doug recently posted a video where Faith was singing to one of the WW2 Vets during their family vacation European Freedom Tour (or whatever the hell it was called) they recently had. As for the other three: Jubilee, Honor, and Providence--yeah, it's almost like they don't exist.

I hadn't seen any of these videos before. That little Virginia is adorable! It's amazing how these sexist fundie families end up with spunky daughters like Virginia and Johannah Duggar.

That's what I think, too. I think Virginia is such a cute girl and I hate to see it how much her cuteness is used in her fathers "vision" and the propaganda he makes for it. Imagine how girls like Virginia and Johannah (and probably nearly all kids raised in these families) could develope in a normal, non-fundie environment!!!

BTW: I just watched the video for the photo shoot and under the video it says that the catalog is going to be delivered to half a million households?! WTF??? Thats a LOT!

Their fundie beliefs aside, I think that all of the Phillips kids seem decent. Virginia is adorable, but I'm kind of surprised that Doug doesn't feature Providence more often. He is so darn cute! Maybe he's kind of shy or quiet compared to Virginia?

Not a fan of what Douglicious in denial stands for, but all of his children are beautiful. Why he tends to feature one or two? Maybe the others are camera shy. Some people don't like they way they look in photos. Maybe he respects the kids feelings on this front. Perhaps, as an artist, he prefers using the most photogenic of the group, or at least what he sees as the most beautiful and therefore most marketable. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, completely subjective.

Liberty is stunning. Why not use her and the 2nd oldest boy in the Titanic shoot shown in Douglicious' latest video? Not that the younger kids aren't adorable, they are cutie pies as well.

If not shyness or marketability, perhaps the baby is photographed and filmed the most because she is the last and therefore doted upon. My parents gave their youngest and still do the most and best of everything. I'd like to see little Virginia as Shirley Temple complete with curls, but that's probably too secular or whatever.

Is it possible that the preteen boys and girls are used less because of courting requirements or something?

I don't think that Doogie likes sharing the limelight. You look at the Duggars, the kids clearly share the limelight with J'chelle and Jimboob. OK they have a TV show and all, but I don't think that Doogie likes to share the attention.

If they're not exceedingly cute, clear-skinned, articulate and unfailingly cheery, theyarent useful in selling overpriced goods.

Now ask yourself how many kids fit the above requirements. Right: Virginny.

Just wait til she shows independence, gets gawky or spotty. She'll be yesterday's news in a breath.

AthenaC, I suspect that you were at least partially right when you said on my "fave Phillips kid" thread: "I must confess that I have wondered before if the reason why Doug and the Botkins haven't been posting as much lately is because anything they say will be ripped to shreds."

Quite honestly, if I was Doug, I guess I wouldn't be too keen on posting photos of my kids if I knew the immediate reaction was going to be "HOLY FREAK J. TITUS IS HAWT" or "Virginia looks like a spoiled brat" or "they're all gayyyyyy".

Just sayin'.

He sometimes posts pictures of them, but it looks like most of the pictures are captioned stuff like "Virginia found a snail in the garden" or "Titus Andronicus turned 8 today."

:clap: Dougie is creating a brand and whichever kids fit the vision of his brand are the ones he will use in pictures. And he does have the interns for pictures and more...... :think:

AthenaC, I suspect that you were at least partially right when you said on my "fave Phillips kid" thread: "I must confess that I have wondered before if the reason why Doug and the Botkins haven't been posting as much lately is because anything they say will be ripped to shreds."

Quite honestly, if I was Doug, I guess I wouldn't be too keen on posting photos of my kids if I knew the immediate reaction was going to be "HOLY FREAK J. TITUS IS HAWT" or "Virginia looks like a spoiled brat" or "they're all gayyyyyy".

Just sayin'.

But Joshua Titus is very good looking... :) He's so, so, so cute.

I really avoid commenting on the children or teenagers. These kids are trapped in a really shitty life - by commenting publicly on their appearance or sexuality, it's just making a shitty life even worse.

Actually, as for the gay thing, I find it creepy to guess at the sexuality of a child on a public forum.

That's what I think, too. I think Virginia is such a cute girl and I hate to see it how much her cuteness is used in her fathers "vision" and the propaganda he makes for it. Imagine how girls like Virginia and Johannah (and probably nearly all kids raised in these families) could develope in a normal, non-fundie environment!!!

BTW: I just watched the video for the photo shoot and under the video it says that the catalog is going to be delivered to half a million households?! WTF??? Thats a LOT!

You'd be surprised how many people have no idea about Rushdoony, dominionism or any of the other crazy that underlies the VF philosophy. I know of plenty of fundie-lite and even fundie (but not QUITE crazy enough to be real VF-ers) families out there don't look beneath the surface and therefore are big fans of the company because of the toys and what they see as wholesome kids' books.

But Joshua Titus is very good looking... :) He's so, so, so cute.

I really avoid commenting on the children or teenagers. These kids are trapped in a really shitty life - by commenting publicly on their appearance or sexuality, it's just making a shitty life even worse.

Actually, as for the gay thing, I find it creepy to guess at the sexuality of a child on a public forum.

I read the gay part as some middle-schooler (or an idiot with the mind of one) going "That's so gay!"

Archived