IGNORED

Lori Alexander: I never played with my children

This latest tidbit from Lori's facebook:

My mom never played with us. I never played with my children but we all turned out good. My daughter-in-law plays with my grandbabies a lot and they LOVE it!

Yes, Lori, they may have turned out good, but how much you missed.

A little while later, Lori does pipe in again to add that Ken says she did "read and play" with the kids. Ken must have been nervous about how Lori's first statement would appear to others!

Boy, I feel sorry for fundies. Never play with your kids? Really? Why have them? Raising them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord is nice and all, but why not play with them at the same time?

It is very telling that Ken had to remind her that she played with the children. I think what she wrote was the truth and Ken, realizing that this makes her sound like a horrible mother, especially when you add in all the other shit she has written about her parenting skills, "reminded" her that she played with their children.

We all know why Lori had at least one of her kids, she didn't want to work and he was her ticket to being a SAHM. I really think that there has always been something very, very wrong with Lori.

My mom never played with us. I never played with my children but we all turned out good. My daughter-in-law plays with my grandbabies a lot and they LOVE it!

It's turned out WELL, former schoolteacher Lori! :pull-hair: Maybe if you hadn't gotten knocked up a second time through manipulative, deceitful means, the kids you taught could have schooled you in some basic-ass grammar rules.

Just when I think the sad bitch parade that is Lori Alexander's life can't get any sadder...it does.

One of the most striking things I remember the father of one of the girls I babysat saying was, "It's really fun and really hard but I get to PLAY again like a little kid. And I get to buy toys! I mean, they're girl toys, but we still have a lot of fun. One of the perks of parenting."

How can you miss out on that?

My mom played with me all the time. The one I really remember is we would get out a sheet of printer paper and just kind of scribble loop-de-loops around the paper in any which way. Then, we would color each section of the closed-in-shapes any color we felt like and at the end we would try to decide what it looked like. She called it "indoor cloud watching" I think (cause you get to think about what the abstract shapes look like), and it was my favorite thing to do (I still do it, actually). And Lori's kids won't have something like that, I guess?

Playing with the children must have been the nanny's jurisdiction. :wtf:

It it's true that she didn't play with her kids, it's really tragic. I don't even particularly "like" kids, but when I'm around one, I always play with them. How can you possibly be in the presence of a fascinating little person and NOT play with them? :shock: She must be really emotionally stunted, or she just can't allow herself to experience joy. Either way, it's very sad. :|

I can't imagine not playing with my kids...That dumb bitch missed out on so much...but then again she just wanted the kids so she could plant her lazy ass at home...fuck that noise. She'd like to think she's all high and mighty and shit but she's more related to something I'd scrape off the bottom of my shoe after cleaning up the shit in the backyard...but then again, Lori would never stoop low enough to do that either...

Lori might be doing her kids a favor by NOT playing with them.

I can't imagine her playing with me when I was a kid...forcing me to put my Barbie in a floor-length frumper, clean the Barbie dream house by herself, and wait on Ken hand and foot. Some fun, huh?? :D

snip

Boy, I feel sorry for fundies. Never play with your kids? Really? Why have them? Raising them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord is nice and all, but why not play with them at the same time?

They have them because it's a commandment from God. Seriously. :roll: It helps that they fetishize motherhood and raise daughters to believe that it is the only worthwhile thing they can do with their lives, therefore making most women believe this is what they want.

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth (Gen 1:28).

"And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth" (Gen 9:1), also later on in Gen 9.

God's Word doesn't say play with your kids. Or give them dental insurance. Or limit your family to the number of people you can comfortably support in the current economy. Sooooooo...

Even worse, she was home all day with them, since she homeschooled them till about 13. Home all day with four children, and never once play with them? Why? All little children want to do is play, that's their default setting.

Motherhood, to her, must have been all about "disciplining" kids, feeding them "healthy", driving them to AWANA, and providing basic care. There were no piggybacks in the swimming pool, no racing across the yard to see who's fastest, no clapping games, no losing at Candyland to see the happiness on your child's face. How sad.

Honestly, Lori said more in that one statement than in a lifetime of blog posts.

ETA: She's saying that Ken was very involved in raising the kids. I thought he traveled all the time and that's why she needed a nanny and why he now says she did a great job raising the kids alone. Talk about revisionist history! Then again, if she doesn't remember playing with the kids at all (which is a profound thing to say...it's not like saying "I don't remember eating butter pecan ice cream") but Ken has to remind her she did, either she's further gone than we realize or Ken has taken it on as a mission to make her (and him) feel that she was a better mom than she really was.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Little children really like me for some reason. Kids I've never met will come up and ask me to play with them. It's... Odd, BUT...

I like it.

Very rarely do I ever not play with kids. And usually reasons involve issues like "I just had surgery, so no, I can't give you a horse ack ride."

What's the point of having children if you're not going to enjoy them? I love playing with my son. It kills me right now that I can't do all the things I used to do with him. Big pregnant bellies are not conducive to crawling around on the floor or swinging from the monkey bars. LOL

This latest tidbit from Lori's facebook:

Yes, Lori, they may have turned out good, but how much you missed.

A little while later, Lori does pipe in again to add that Ken says she did "read and play" with the kids. Ken must have been nervous about how Lori's first statement would appear to others!

It is easier not to play with them if you have them stay in their rooms for hours a day and have a nanny.

I don't have kids and I'm a long way off even thinking about having kids, but I really can't imagine having a kid and not playing with them!

I was played with a lot. Probably because my mom's parents didn't play with her much. she always talks about how she can't imagine not playing with us the way she did. She always says how her fondest memories of when we were kids were playing with us.

It wasn't just playing though; my mom would read with me, comment on my art projects, read my stories and watch the little performances that I would put on in the garage. She'd even eat and drink my "cooking". I see all of that as playing too. It's all part of the same thing and I think it's an important part of being a parent.

My husband and I just had a conversation Friday about how much we miss playing with the girls. Trips to the park, building stuff with blocks, painting and drawing, telling and writing stories, playing with puppets - we spent hundreds of hours playing with them. I'll have the memories of those times with me until I die.

Honestly, I can't feel anger at a parent who doesn't play with their kids. I just feel sorry for them that they refuse to have that kind of joy in their lives.

What's the point of having children if you're not going to enjoy them? I love playing with my son. It kills me right now that I can't do all the things I used to do with him. Big pregnant bellies are not conducive to crawling around on the floor or swinging from the monkey bars. LOL

Childless, it's absolutely none of my business but I'm gonna ask anyway; are you going to change your username to Childfull now that we have that free grace period to do so??? :lol:

!!! Congrats! Don't you think it's about time for you to change your moniker ;)

Lori always manages to top herself; when I don't think that her assholism couldn't be any worse, I get proven wrong.

When I was young, I hated when adult played with us. I smiled, but I thought "I don't want you to plays with me !" So, now, I don't play with the children. that's just... Well, first I don't have time. And I don't know how to do. They are always playing in the street, and were they are inside, or they are making coloring, or they are playing together, and I think it's bad to disturb them by playing with them. So, I let them in peace (but I love to arrange their playmobil haha :D That's cool !). I read them story, or I play music to them, they love it, and everybody's happy. I think that if I would say "May I play with you ?", I would have a big "NOOO."

That's better that Lori didn't play with her children. It was time were they were not together, and less time Lori children were with her, the better it was.

When I was young, I hated when adult played with us. I smiled, but I thought "I don't want you to plays with me !" So, now, I don't play with the children. that's just... Well, first I don't have time. And I don't know how to do. They are always playing in the street, and were they are inside, or they are making coloring, or they are playing together, and I think it's bad to disturb them by playing with them. So, I let them in peace (but I love to arrange their playmobil haha :D That's cool !). I read them story, or I play music to them, they love it, and everybody's happy. I think that if I would say "May I play with you ?", I would have a big "NOOO."

That's better that Lori didn't play with her children. It was time were they were not together, and less time Lori children were with her, the better it was.

I rarely "played" with my kids, if you're talking about playing barbies or with the doctor kit operating on stuffed animals, etc. That's not something I was raised with or particularly liked and I do think kids should be able to entertain themselves without adult imposed constraints.

However, we read, did puzzles and played board games and I was always there as a resource for their games (offering a big plastic mixing bowl for barbie's pool or making "surgical masks" out of napkins and ribbon).

I don't think parents need to engage in imaginative play if it's not their thing, as long as they are engaging in lots of other ways. The key is that kids can tell if you LIKE them, and I don't get the sense Lori liked hers very much.

Archived