IGNORED

Steve Maxwell's mother passed away May 18

SPHASH

Today is Memorial Day. Perhaps Steve will combine a Memorial Day post with his mother and father who was a WW2 vet.

Nah, he will combine Memorial Day with abortion, again...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, he will combine Memorial Day with abortion, again...

Your right he did

Maybe Steve family doesn't want him to speak about the mother ? If you would be them, I would do it, so my mother would not be associated with Steve.

Your right he did

Yep. Technically, it was Sarah (or perhaps, "Sarah"):

We’re grateful to those who have served and do serve our country. Some gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. I think about the helicopter that was shot down in Vietnam, trying to rescue my wounded grandpa, and all on board gave their lives. For him! I’m without words.

As we remember those who’ve stepped into Eternity before us, we’re grateful for their lives.

We would be remiss if we didn’t mention the unborn babies whose lives have been taken, when they were in what should have been the safest place in the world: their mother’s womb.

We’re grateful to the Lord Jesus, Who took our sins upon Himself–the perfect Lamb–and sacrificed His life so we can live eternally. Isn’t that glorious?

I don't see the problem with Steve not mentioning the death of his mother. He does not owe it to us or anyone. My friend's dad died last year and for months he was all she would talk about. She spent hours scrapbooking about him, making photo albums and doing whatever she could to remember him. I have known others that went to their parent's funeral and would not talk about it at all, they just went forward with life. Everyone grieves differently and I don't doubt Steve is grieving. I normally snark on all things Maxwell but I just cannot here. The death of a parent can hit hard and there is no correct way to react.

Which Grandpa got rescued and how come all on board the helicopter died except Grandpa?

I think it was Teri's. they mentioned it in other posts either around Memorial Day or her birthday (saying she was almost fatherless).

Steve and his Father or Father in Law were in 'Nam?????

Steve was stationed in South East Asia in the early seventies (Thailand). I don't think there's been confirmation that he was actually in Vietnam, but he was in the airforce and stationed in the region.

Steve and his Father or Father in Law were in 'Nam?????

Steve was stationed in South East Asia in the early seventies (Thailand). I don't think there's been confirmation that he was actually in Vietnam, but he was in the airforce and stationed in the region.

After the last time Steve equaled Memorial day to abortion and got called out on it, he said something about asking his FIL, who was a veteran who was in Vietnam, about if it was OK.

(according to Steve his FIL said it was A-OK)

If Steve wants to remember aborted babies he should do it on Jan 22, the anniversary of Roe v Wade.

If Steve wants to remember aborted babies he should do it on Jan 22, the anniversary of Roe v Wade.

That would be smarter!

Do we know when Steve & Teri met? After his military stint? I would bet he had some "sweet fellowship" while stationed far away from home among beautiful local women... Maybe that's why he later became such a wacko who has to punish himself for the sins he committed and deny himself the joys of being a human (good food, music, literature, sports). Maybe that's why he wants to punish and deny his family too - that they wouldn't repeat his sins.

I know, I'm terrible at kitchen psychology :shifty:

Do we know when Steve & Teri met? After his military stint? I would bet he had some "sweet fellowship" while stationed far away from home among beautiful local women... Maybe that's why he later became such a wacko who has to punish himself for the sins he committed and deny himself the joys of being a human (good food, music, literature, sports). Maybe that's why he wants to punish and deny his family too - that they wouldn't repeat his sins.

I know, I'm terrible at kitchen psychology :shifty:[/quote

They have posted they met in collage. I agree abt his possible "sweet fellowship" while overseas...

Steve has said they met in a college chemistry class, and it was the only good thing that came from that class. :roll:

I always find it hilarious that so many of fundies met and dated the way regular folks do, but it would be a horrible sin for their children to do the same. I know this was discussed on the Duggar thread recently, but it's definitely a running theme.

I always find it hilarious that so many of fundies met and dated the way regular folks do, but it would be a horrible sin for their children to do the same. I know this was discussed on the Duggar thread recently, but it's definitely a running theme.

I find it funny also. Most of the Fundie's we talk about here had very "normal" upbringings yet that don't what their kids to have one.

So grandpa and Steve were in Viet Nam?

We’re grateful to those who have served and do serve our country. Some gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. I think about the helicopter that was shot down in Vietnam, trying to rescue my wounded grandpa, and all on board gave their lives. For him! I’m without words.

Didn't read through all the posts. But I wonder if Steve had a shitty childhood. Maybe it can explain why he's so damn crazy

I do understand why Steve might find it hard to bring up the death of his parents on his blog, but strange that Sarah or any of the other kids make no mention of it? I know Steve is Editor-In-Chief, but I find it bewildering, especially since they were so open with Susannah's passing.

I don't think Sarah publishes anything without Steve okaying it first. In fact, I'm convinced Sarah is essentially Steve's mouthpiece and pretty much incapable of any independent thought at this point.

As for Susannah-Firstly, if Susannah had lived, she would have been 7 years old. Steve had boarded the crazy train seven years ago, but he wasn't quite as far gone as he is now. Even in the past few years that I've been watching them, they've bunkered down and become even more one sided in their interactions with their online audience.

Secondly, Susannah's existence was played out in real time. If you look at the website they built when Melanie was pregnant with her, you can watch the progression from their announcement of a much wanted pregnancy, through to the 'oh shit, there's something wrong but we don't know how serious it is' with the first ultrasound, to the acceptance that there were going to be some pretty serious issues, to the off-and-on premature labour starting from 28 weeks, and then finally to her birth and death. I think even Christians who weren't Maxwell fans were praying pretty hard by the time she was born and then for the next couple of days before they finally turned off the machines. They could have pulled the blog and cited privacy reasons, but I think it's harder to do when you have that many invested in your story ( especially when those ppl are also your paying audience).

And I think Susannah was a real part of the Maxwell's existence in a way that I don't think Steve's parent's had been for a long time. Even if Mary Maxwell had been relatively fit and healthy when she died, and even if the Maxwells did have some sort of normal relationship (insofar as any Maxwellian relationship could be normal*), Ma Maxwell and Pa Barger didn't fit the narrative Steve had built for his audience.

*Although, those two factors are probably a bit of a zero sum game in this case. I don't see a healthy Mary Maxwell being passive enough to put up with Steve. Presumably there was some sort of relationship with Pa Barger though, if the MaxSons were his pall bearers.

I'm sure when Grandad and Gigi pass we will hear all about it. And if Grandma Mary had been mentioned on the blog before, why not mention she passed away? It's just bizarre.

I'm sure when Grandad and Gigi pass we will hear all about it. And if Grandma Mary had been mentioned on the blog before, why not mention she passed away? It's just bizarre.

Agree about Grandad & Gigi.

Didn't read through all the posts. But I wonder if Steve had a shitty childhood. Maybe it can explain why he's so damn crazy

I have always thought that!! From the first time I read through their blog. I've notice that when someone had a shitty childhood sometimes they turn to religion cause they want to control something.

Archived