IGNORED

Steve Maxwell's mother passed away May 18

SPHASH

Last night I went back and read the comments on my thread about Steve and people with disabilities someone mentioned that Steve's mother has Alzheimers so I went back to their blog and found the post about visiting her in the nursing home in Omaha which was April 2011, no other mention of her since then. I then googled Susannah's obituary and found that grandma was listed as a survivor and her name was Mary Maxwell.

http://www.bonnersprings.com/news/2007/ ... annah_joy/

I then googled Mary Maxwell, Steve Maxwell and Leavenworth and found this:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/omaha/ ... &fhid=7341

My sympathy does go out to Steve and the family, however I found some more information about Steve I will put in anotherr thread. Not bad but very interesting.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Mary is named for her, or they just chose a common Biblical name.

It's interesting that they haven't mentioned this on the blog at all. In fact, Sarah's post about the Quickbooks course was put up the day after the elder Mary's death.

So, Steve has two sisters, I don't think they've ever been mentioned. And Susannah has given 10 grand-grandparents, where we only are supposed to have 8, and only one of them have either of the last names of Maxwell Maher (Melanie's maiden name).

I'm sorry that his mother passed. Interesting that it was not mentioned on the blog. Also I think Mary was named after his mother.

It seems as though Steve's sisters each only had 2 kids. I wonder how they felt when he started on the religious route. I wonder if he tried to confince them to have more kids. I also what what kind if any the kids have w/ their cousins.

I agree, it's strange that they haven't mentioned her on the blog since they last went to the nursing home in 2011.

Interesting that Steve's dad wasn't mentioned in the baby's obit.

Grandma Marys obit sounds like it was written in maxwellese

Interesting that Steve's dad wasn't mentioned in the baby's obit.

Grandma Marys obit sounds like it was written in maxwellese

I bet it was Steve who wrote it. Note how Steve and Teri were mentioned first.

I bet it was Steve who wrote it. Note how Steve and Teri were mentioned first.

They are actually listed second. Normally obits list children in order, so that would mean he was a middle child.

Grandma passed on the 18th and the blog entry for the 19th is shilling cour$e$. Seems very cold .... or the result of a rather complicated relationship between mother and son.

In any case, rest in peace, Mrs. Maxwell the eldest. Sounds like you knew Jesus as Savior, just not in the way your son thinks you should have.

Life goes on.

That's seems extremely odd not to mention his mother passing especially posting about quickbooks right after her death. Did they even go to the funeral? Interesting his mother's funeral was to be held at a Lutheran church. It doesn't seem the rest of the family was ever on his crazy train.

BTW, I don't think Steve wrote that obit, and here's why: Steve has always said he's first generation Christian and that he didn't grow up in a Christian home. That suggests a lot about how he sees his parents and his childhood. He's also almost never visited his mother or mentioned her specifically in any blog or Corner's posts. Again, says a lot about how he sees her. I have a feeling her really didn't think of her as saved, and thus deserving of Heaven.

Meanwhile, his sister Toni lives near Omaha. We saw her and her husband reading the Bible with the Maxwells, suggesting they are Christians, though likely not the Maxwellian type. Since the elder Mary lived in Omaha, most likely Toni looked after her financial and medical affairs, and probably planned the funeral. Most likely, Toni probably has a very different view of her mother than Steve does, so she would be more likely to see her mother going to heaven to be with God.

JMHO, anyway.

Color me shocked. I thought they would be against nursing homes since you need *evil* government Medicare to pay for them...

Edit: lol I forgot that nursing homes are where they preach.

Yes, I remember Steve posting that he didn't grow up in a Christian home. I agree that Mrs. Mary was probably your "average" Christian who attended a Lutheran Church. What a shame Steve chose to break the Commandment that says to "honor your Mother and Father". Telling falsehoods about them is not honoring them. I also remember Steve once posting that it was his Mothers choice to live near his sister in Omaha. Steve also once posted that his Father "abandoned" his family Which is why he was probably not mentioned.

Steve must resemble his father cause I never would have guessed he was half Mexican.

Rest in Peace, Mary....

Medicare doesn't cover nursing home care for dementia. It only covers up to 90 days of rehab care after a hospitalization as long as the patient is making meaningful recovery.

Medicaid on the other may pay depending on income and resources.

Yes, I remember Steve posting that he didn't grow up in a Christian home. I agree that Mrs. Mary was probably your "average" Christian who attended a Lutheran Church. What a shame Steve chose to break the Commandment that says to "honor your Mother and Father". Telling falsehoods about them is not honoring them. I also remember Steve once posting that it was his Mothers choice to live near his sister in Omaha. Steve also once posted that his Father "abandoned" his family Which is why he was probably not mentioned.

Steve must resemble his father cause I never would have guessed he was half Mexican.

Rest in Peace, Mary....

I suspect she was only born in Mexico, not of Mexican descent. It seems a lot of people at that time went to Mexico for various business ventures and then later returned to the States.

I think sister Toni wrote the obit. If you look at her husband Gary's facebook, he talked just like the obit sounded in one of his posts. I wonder if the "she is truly a child of God" remark was an in your face to the Maxwells. The rest of Steve's family look normal. Steve's other sister also has a facebook.

I suspect she was only born in Mexico, not of Mexican descent. It seems a lot of people at that time went to Mexico for various business ventures and then later returned to the States.

ITA, and you can kind of tell by the names. Mrs. Mary's father had a very Anglo sounding name, while the mothers first and middle names sound German.

ITA, and you can kind of tell by the names. Mrs. Mary's father had a very Anglo sounding name, while the mothers first and middle names sound German.

Check out my thread regarding Steve being adopted. His grandad was working in the US Embassy.

I saw that. Has nothing to do with Mrs. Mary's descent, though.

Check out my thread regarding Steve being adopted. His grandad was working in the US Embassy.

Mrs. Mary's mother was born in Germany, which is not surprising to me. Her father was born in Iowa. Interestingly, he spent some time in Germany (where he met Mrs. Mary's mother?) and he died in California.

BTW, I'm finding this stuff on ancestry.com.

Mrs. Mary's also had a brother, William H, who seems to have been named for their paternal grandfather.

BTW, I don't think Steve wrote that obit, and here's why: Steve has always said he's first generation Christian and that he didn't grow up in a Christian home. That suggests a lot about how he sees his parents and his childhood. He's also almost never visited his mother or mentioned her specifically in any blog or Corner's posts. Again, says a lot about how he sees her. I have a feeling her really didn't think of her as saved, and thus deserving of Heaven.

Meanwhile, his sister Toni lives near Omaha. We saw her and her husband reading the Bible with the Maxwells, suggesting they are Christians, though likely not the Maxwellian type. Since the elder Mary lived in Omaha, most likely Toni looked after her financial and medical affairs, and probably planned the funeral. Most likely, Toni probably has a very different view of her mother than Steve does, so she would be more likely to see her mother going to heaven to be with God.

JMHO, anyway.

I had the same thought. She was a Presbyterian and donations go to Moody Bible Instit, neither of which Stevehovah would condone.

They are actually listed second. Normally obits list children in order, so that would mean he was a middle child.

I meant Steve wrote Susannah's obit, not Mary's.

Archived