IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell still working on his house

SPHASH

Wait... At the time of menarche? Sorry, that's not when it happens. At 11, I was not a woman, I was still a little girl!

*bitter chuckle* Tell me about it. I was 10. 10 and a week as a matter-of-fact.

Forgive my hyperbole. :) But I still say Poor Sarah's no "girl" at 32-3

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*bitter chuckle* Tell me about it. I was 10. 10 and a week as a matter-of-fact.

Forgive my hyperbole. :) But I still say Poor Sarah's no "girl" at 32-3

10 for me too!

10 for me too!

I have you all beat. I was 9. :cry:

They've gotten a lot of comments from people noticing that separation amongst the cousins. I'm guessing they're beginning to feel a need to explain it.

It was me!!!!!!!

Why does it need to be discussed tho????

It was me!!!!!!!

Why does it need to be discussed tho????

Because Steve must compose his wisdom about how it's never too early to start preparing sons to buy their houses debt free and support one income families and its never too early to stifle the dreams of girls and show them that they must sit around cleaning ceiling fans and waiting for a suitable income earned/homeowner.

It takes a while to work in spiels for maximum amounts of Maxwell products.

What's with all of the comments of people talking about their daughters enjoying trucks and equipment? I thought the Maxwells frowned upon that? Or are they so hurting for comments, they're posting ones that don't meet their high standards?

What's with all of the comments of people talking about their daughters enjoying trucks and equipment? I thought the Maxwells frowned upon that? Or are they so hurting for comments, they're posting ones that don't meet their high standards?

Probably all those comments from from FJ'ers infiltrating Stevie's blog. I think we are the bulk of his audience nowadays

Probably all those comments from from FJ'ers infiltrating Stevie's blog. I think we are the bulk of his audience nowadays

I think you're right. And isn't it a wonderful thing? :lol:

Rebecca K! added several blog posts reviewing a show from THE BEAST! Granted, it's on a Christian network, but still - THE BEAST! Glad she doesn't seem to be worshiping the Maxwells.

Rebecca K! added several blog posts reviewing a show from THE BEAST! Granted, it's on a Christian network, but still - THE BEAST! Glad she doesn't seem to be worshiping the Maxwells.

I saw that, too. Good lord, her life must be dull. The "reviews" she posted are riveting, aren't they? I'm sure she spends a lot of time writing them up and including the photos, but wow, it's like when your son is 8 and wants to tell you about how he played a video game and every single step he took to get to something new (ask me how I know this). Some experiences just aren't meant to be shared.

My guess is they will discuss their choice of toys and gender in an upcoming Corner.

They wrote one several years ago about what kind of toys they bought for their children, and why;

titus2.com/corners/moms-corner/worthwhile-toys-or-should-it-be-tools.html

As you'll see, they very much believe in certain toys, and tools, for each gender.

ETA: Hmmm the link doesn't seem to bring you to the Corner in the title. Any idea why?

My guess is they will discuss their choice of toys and gender in an upcoming Corner.

They wrote one several years ago about what kind of toys they bought for their children, and why;

titus2.com/corners/moms-corner/worthwhile-toys-or-should-it-be-tools.html

As you'll see, they very much believe in certain toys, and tools, for each gender.

ETA: Hmmm the link doesn't seem to bring you to the Corner in the title. Any idea why?

I was able to access it by going to search and type in toys.

I don't know that Nathan so strongly disapproves of Melanie's family. After all, the girls were present at their heathen workin' aunt's graduation party from nursing school. I mean, it's possible he chooses not to interact with them much, but at least at this stage it does seem as though the girls have a relationship with their mother's family. And I'll say it again, I don't think it's at all a coincidence that Abby had her old twinkle and genuine smile back on in those pictures. It's like she knows she has to turn it off for Grandpa Stevehovah. It gives me hope that she'll break free one day, years from now.

I think we'll really get a taste of how separated the girls are from the boys as Ruthanne gets older and bigger (presuming she interacts with her older cousins and it's documented for the blog), and depending on what Nathan and Melanie's 4th will be (I'm guessing girl as it seems he shoots X's only).

ETA: CAN IT BE?!?! I just checked out one of the [link=http://www.titus2.com/chores/chart-a.html]sample chore lists[/link] on the blog (complete with hilarious explanation as to why you cannot simply go out to Office Depot and buy some clip-on badges and DIY Chore Packs - The Maxwell MOTH Chore Packs have sturdy chore pack badges that have been designed after spending THOUSANDS of dollars on R&D), and there's a sample item for LIBRARY BOOKS.

I thought the library was verboten to the Maxwells? After all, libraries have f*n and frivolous books, and expose you to hell-bound sinners, ideas and independent thoughts. :naughty:

No, Libraries are forbidden in Maxhell because it's just a legalized form of stealing.

Didn't Steve have an article once where he explained that that's why you shouldn't check his books out of a library?

Memo to self: see if Steve's books are in the local library. I know the Perl's aren't.

I saw that, too. Good lord, her life must be dull. The "reviews" she posted are riveting, aren't they? I'm sure she spends a lot of time writing them up and including the photos, but wow, it's like when your son is 8 and wants to tell you about how he played a video game and every single step he took to get to something new (ask me how I know this). Some experiences just aren't meant to be shared.

Just read her blog, and Damn, she could have written Spoiler Allert!!!1!!!1, I was going to watch that show tonight.

I don't know that Nathan so strongly disapproves of Melanie's family. After all, the girls were present at their heathen workin' aunt's graduation party from nursing school. I mean, it's possible he chooses not to interact with them much, but at least at this stage it does seem as though the girls have a relationship with their mother's family. And I'll say it again, I don't think it's at all a coincidence that Abby had her old twinkle and genuine smile back on in those pictures. It's like she knows she has to turn it off for Grandpa Stevehovah. It gives me hope that she'll break free one day, years from now.

I think we'll really get a taste of how separated the girls are from the boys as Ruthanne gets older and bigger (presuming she interacts with her older cousins and it's documented for the blog), and depending on what Nathan and Melanie's 4th will be (I'm guessing girl as it seems he shoots X's only).

ETA: CAN IT BE?!?! I just checked out one of the [link=http://www.titus2.com/chores/chart-a.html]sample chore lists[/link] on the blog (complete with hilarious explanation as to why you cannot simply go out to Office Depot and buy some clip-on badges and DIY Chore Packs - The Maxwell MOTH Chore Packs have sturdy chore pack badges that have been designed after spending THOUSANDS of dollars on R&D), and there's a sample item for LIBRARY BOOKS.

I thought the library was verboten to the Maxwells? After all, libraries have f*n and frivolous books, and expose you to hell-bound sinners, ideas and independent thoughts. :naughty:

In that link to the sample chore chart, one of the options of "Organise special drawer"

Why is there no context with this???? Cause the first "special drawer" that I imagined was mommy and daddy's special drawer where they hide all their adult stuff :D

Do they organise it by size or use?

Im going to Hell....

In that link to the sample chore chart, one of the options of "Organise special drawer"

Why is there no context with this???? Cause the first "special drawer" that I imagined was mommy and daddy's special drawer where they hide all their adult stuff :D

Do they organise it by size or use?

Im going to Hell....

Oh, off to the prayer closet for you, ILJB! There are no adult toys in the Maxwell compound. Like anything that might even remotely resemble fun, they are forbidden.

I hadn't looked at Melanies sisters FBs in a while so that is what I am doing now. One has a pic of her daughter (in pants) shooting a bow and arrow, and another sisters comments "I hope to have a daughter like this some day." - I think they probably do not like the Maxwell's way of life at all.

We see many, many photos of the Maxwell sons and daughters working together. Anna in particular has often been described as her brothers' "helper." We've also seen the sons cooking and doing housework. So while there is some gender division where chores are concerned, the Maxwells do seem more flexible than most fundie families. Therefore, I don't think the separation of the cousins is primarily about gender. My overall impression is that Christopher and Nathan don't often visit their parents at the same time. Didn't Christopher have his parents and siblings over for dinner not long ago, but Nathan's family was not included? I'm thinking the two brothers don't get along. Or else their wives don't get along? But if that were the case, wouldn't their headships just tell them to keep sweet?

I have a hard time imagining NR Anna not getting along with anyone, as she seems way too sweet, and Melanie seems relatively down to earth, so I don't see her having an issue with NR Anna. Last year at their what some would call a vacation the only picture of Melanie looking like she was enjoying herself was with NR Anna.

And yeah, if it was NR Anna and Melanie with the issue, I'm guessing Christopher and Nathan would tell them to get over with it.

I'm sure the issue is with the guys, most likely coming from Christopher.

Just read her blog, and Damn, she could have written Spoiler Allert!!!1!!!1, I was going to watch that show tonight.

SERIOUSLY. Why even bother to broadcast the damn show if she's just going to throw us the plot???11???

Editing to add: (Spoler Allert!!!11!!) In one of the episodes, a dog is shot (no snark, very sad) and goes to the emergency vet for care. The main character is then shown petting the dog, who is tucked into a human's hospital bed, sheets and all, with typical hospital equipment about. LULZ!!!

If Rebekah K!!!1! is watching tv, she has clearly given up on being a MaxwellWifetm

If Rebekah K!!!1! is watching tv, she has clearly given up on being a MaxwellWifetm

Agreed.

I knew the Maxwells didn't like libraries because they contained heathenous books, but I didn't know they also consider it stealing. Good grief. It's like they look at anything remotely entertaining and find a way to declare it ungodly. Do they actually read the bible before they declare it sinful? Or do they see the activity and then try to find a bible verse to excuse them from participating?

New flash Steve: Just because it provides some entertainment or psychological value and isn't the bible, doesn't mean it is sinful.

Archived