IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell still working on his house

SPHASH

Right now they are working on the drainage. How long has he been working on his house? Also Joshua came over to watch and loved the big trucks and equipment. Guess little girls aren't allowed to watch.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, that bit about Joshua-But-Not-His-Girl-Cousins-They-Wouldn't-Be-Anywhere-Near-That!!!!! loving the equipment irritated the snot outta me

My reaction to the first part of the post was, again, "Ms. Munck *so* dodged a bullet." Just as Joseph is diligent at making his house the way he wants it, he would not have failed to work and work and work on a new wife until she was beaten / pushed/ prodded to fit The Perfect Maxwell Mold.

Am I remembering right that someone from FJ contacted the Muncks with some home truths about alternate views of the Mighty Mighty Maxwells, and thereby possibly started the process of her lucky escape? If so, that(those) person(s) should have some nice things coming back to them. :worship:

Good grief. How many times are they going to sit around polishing the cabinets before they declare this place done?

I just read the new Maxwell post and thought that the neighbors must think this is a very strange, strange situation. This family comes over several times a week, during the day, to work on the home, to work IN the home but never to stay overnight. The neighborhood ladies must be gabbing. ;)

I just read the new Maxwell post and thought that the neighbors must think this is a very strange, strange situation. This family comes over several times a week, during the day, to work on the home, to work IN the home but never to stay overnight. The neighborhood ladies must be gabbing. ;)

Yes and no. There is a house in my neighborhood that was purchased a good two or three years ago. The owners come over often to work on it, as at the time of its purchase, it was the eyesore of the neighborhood. Well actually, it was repossessed and given a quick "flip," I.E. the bile yellow-green exterior was painted over and the fallen-down garage door replaced. Then it was sold to its current owners. We only talk about it to suppose that they are working on it as they have time/money and the house probably needed a LOT of work, so it's just taking them awhile. Don't know what the other neighbors say. *shrug*

Oh, that bit about Joshua-But-Not-His-Girl-Cousins-They-Wouldn't-Be-Anywhere-Near-That!!!!! loving the equipment irritated the snot outta me

My reaction to the first part of the post was, again, "Ms. Munck *so* dodged a bullet." Just as Joseph is diligent at making his house the way he wants it, he would not have failed to work and work and work on a new wife until she was beaten / pushed/ prodded to fit The Perfect Maxwell Mold.

Am I remembering right that someone from FJ contacted the Muncks with some home truths about alternate views of the Mighty Mighty Maxwells, and thereby possibly started the process of her lucky escape? If so, that(those) person(s) should have some nice things coming back to them. :worship:

No, I don't think so. I think it was speculated that maybe someone let them in on things, but I don't think anyone came out and said they had.

Though that would have been cool.

I had the same thought about the comment about boys liking equipment. They really like pressing those gender roles.

I think they are making a point of showing us the house isn't ready. Either so more people do not question why Joe is not living there or that the minute the house is ready, Joe will meet his future wife.

Drainage issues might not come up until the seasons change or a big storm. I can see the Maxwell seeing a little water and making a huge drainage project out of it just for something to do.

Joseph Maxwell still working on his house still working out his sexual frustrations.

Fixed it for you!

Right now they are working on the drainage. How long has he been working on his house? Also Joshua came over to watch and loved the big trucks and equipment. Guess little girls aren't allowed to watch.

It might give them inappropriate ideas of their abilities, since they were not blessed with an all important penis.

I was a tomboy growing up, preferred trucks and football over dolls and easy bake ovens and guess what? I'm STRAIGHT!

I played baseball, wrestled my brothers, AND played with Barbies! I hated dresses when I was 12. I'm straight too! And I wear skirts and dresses!

I don't understand what he's doing with that drainage project. I see the yard sloping toward the house. Is he putting a gravel drainage pit right next to the foundation?

I have the cutest picture (somewhere) of my daughter and my niece, each dressed in a frilly summer dress and big hair bow, playing on a giant dirt pile by our house, complete with dump trucks and shovels. My daughter often went from softball practice to dance recital back in the day. These things happen when you try to raise well rounded kids.

I don't understand what he's doing with that drainage project. I see the yard sloping toward the house. Is he putting a gravel drainage pit right next to the foundation?

Our yard slopes down to the house, and we have french drains around the foundation to carry the water around the house and down to a culvert.

Is this drainage issue something that he's known about since buying the house? I would have thought he'd try to fix that before he moved his new bride in. Since the engagement was called off very close to the wedding date, wouldn't the house have been all ready by then?

Is this drainage issue something that he's known about since buying the house? I would have thought he'd try to fix that before he moved his new bride in. Since the engagement was called off very close to the wedding date, wouldn't the house have been all ready by then?

I think he was just anxious to complete everything that Elizabeth might have had an opinion on, like paint colors, before she had a chance to weigh in.

I think he was just anxious to complete everything that Elizabeth might have had an opinion on, like paint colors, before she had a chance to weigh in.

I've often wondered about this - whether the new brides get a say in the décor of their homes. I mean, do the men even get to pick colors for the kitchen?

I've often wondered about this - whether the new brides get a say in the décor of their homes. I mean, do the men even get to pick colors for the kitchen?

I thought Elizabeth DID pick the colors for her kitchen. I mean, it's hard to check now with everything scrubbed, but I could have sworn she picked out the paint colors and tile and stuff.

Edit: Didn't she come in for a weekend and pick stuff out or something?

I hope Elizabeth had some say in the house. I'm fairly new to this story, so I don't know many details. I just wonder how much say the wives have in typical household things.

Our yard slopes down to the house, and we have french drains around the foundation to carry the water around the house and down to a culvert.

Yes I have French drains too, but it doesn't look like that's what he's doing.

:think:

I thought Elizabeth DID pick the colors for her kitchen. I mean, it's hard to check now with everything scrubbed, but I could have sworn she picked out the paint colors and tile and stuff.

Edit: Didn't she come in for a weekend and pick stuff out or something?

Supposedly they discussed colors over Skype. I'm not sure Elizabeth ever even made it out there.

I don't think, though, given the colors that were actually chosen, that Elizabeth really had that much say. Perhaps one of many reasons she bolted?

To me this post seemed to be a "look at Joseph he has a house and loves to work hard so you should marry him" kind of post. I think they have given up on Sarah and trying to marry the reversals off.

To me this post seemed to be a "look at Joseph he has a house and loves to work hard so you should marry him" kind of post. I think they have given up on Sarah and trying to marry the reversals off.

Completely agree w/ u. He just turned 25 wasn't Nathan already married @ 25.

Completely agree w/ u. He just turned 25 wasn't Nathan already married @ 25.

I believe so. But then again, Christopher didn't get married until he was about 32.

I believe so. But then again, Christopher didn't get married until he was about 32.

Also Chris had a broken engagement too.

Archived