IGNORED

Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality

doggie

Apparently the seal of the confessional only applies to Catholics, Orthodox, Episcopalians/Anglicans, Lutherans maybe some groups, maybe Methodists, and possibly a few other long term or mainline churches.

Sadly I've heard many stories over the last couple of years of fundie and fundie-lite pastors revealing the details of confessions and religious counseling sessions to general members of the congregation, church boards, or other pastors. They seem to be heading more and more to public confession as a means of humiliating people.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O well more food for others :mrgreen:

I swear these people make themselves look like morons. They bitch and moan when they don't like something but will defend their right when they want something. Hypocrites and not real Christians.

Apparently the seal of the confessional only applies to Catholics, Orthodox, Episcopalians/Anglicans, Lutherans maybe some groups, maybe Methodists, and possibly a few other long term or mainline churches.

Sadly I've heard many stories over the last couple of years of fundie and fundie-lite pastors revealing the details of confessions and religious counseling sessions to general members of the congregation, church boards, or other pastors. They seem to be heading more and more to public confession as a means of humiliating people.

In the book James Dobson's War on America, former associate Gil Alexander-Moergerle recounts when a well-known woman writer had gone to James to counseling after her marriage broke up. He proceeded to spill the beans about what she'd said to him in confidence on his radio show. This woman was devastated and betrayed.

I really try not to judge people on their looks, but my initial thought here was: "Good, Josh could stand to lose some weight!"

Also, really no use fasting. I'm married and I'm not divorcing my wife because you think only a male-female marriage is "real."

I think God and Jebus would hear their prayers more clearly if they ate no food and drank no liquid for 40 days. Would they die? Nah, Jebus would save them. :roll:

At the same time those who are in favor of whatever kind of marriage you want could pray to their higher power or just think positive thoughts for 40 days while handing out free donuts. :dance:

Is that Joshie boy illustrating the Raw Story article on the fast?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/25/v ... -marriage/

Family-Foundation-brass-at-Feb-marriage-rally-via-FB-615x345.jpg

Unrelated to the fasting, and unfair of me since it's not his doing, but nevertheless I take great pleasure in seeing one of the public faces of the SOTDRT movement right next to a misspelling of the word "amendment" -- way to go! :dance:

Apparently they like using that word (fast) to mean something else. The Family Foundation hastens to clarify:

Our friends on the secular left I’m afraid have gotten their hopes up just a bit. I’m sorry to have to dampen their excitement over the impending death of followers of Christ, but the word “fast†does not translate to “hunger strike.†Sometimes, Christians do indeed fast completely – without food – for a brief period of time, like 24 hours, as an act of humility in seeking a deeper relationship with God. More often, fast means giving up something like a food item – let’s say our addiction to diet coke for example – for a longer period of time. Again, it’s the idea of humility and sacrifice.

http://familyfoundation.org/2014/04/hunger-games/

Aw, I pulled out an old Jars of Clay CD for a long drive the other day. I always liked "Five Candles". Glad to hear I can listen to them with a clear conscience.

One of the comments in the Raw Story article says how the rest of us will be enjoying the cake at all the gay weddings we attend. Hee!

exactly.fasting is to be done in private,and only to change oneself.There will be no reward for them from this,prancing around doing it publicly,going 'look at me,look at me.I'm so Holy!'

That said,may I have the extras? My grocery bill is just way too high lately.thx fundies. :)

So, first they EAT MOAR CHIKIN for traditional marriage, now they give up Diet Coke for traditional marriage. Yeah, we see exactly how committed you are, conservative Christians.

:roll:

Don't suffer too much without yer Diet Coke, or candy, or ice cream or coffee.

gandhi2_zpseb76703c.jpg

says Suffering For A Cause: U R Doing It Wrong, Xians

Awww that's not as fun.

I wonder what Josh will give up. Maybe any food that is not cooked at Chik-Fil-A :D

exactly. there are actually studies that say kids of gay parents are better off than kids with straight parents. But we know the fundies just discount things they don't agree with.

I think gay parents are better parents than some heterosexual parents. I think the laws in some states need to change about gays adopting and fostering.

Josh could lose a few pounds. I just don't understand these people.They don't help the poor or the needy. Or do things that will actually make a difference.All they're worried about is who is having sex with whom.They no longer follow jesus they follow the almighty oragasm that they never will achieve.

and they worry about OTHER ppl's sex lives.and the use of birth control,what women wear and whether they work or not.knock it off fundies.

I know a lot of Catholics who hate the pope because he's said that people need to focus on loving each other instead of hating gay people.

Better yet, have them sent to Smuggar's since it looks like he's in the picture of that group. At least, that way we know his children will eat.

Does anyone think Smugger could go 40 minutes without food, let alone 40 days?

I think gay parents are better parents than some heterosexual parents. I think the laws in some states need to change about gays adopting and fostering.

Gay couples can't exactly have "oopsies." They have to put forth an effort to become parents, so they've likely given it a lot of thought and are fully committed.

For the musically challenged among us, can someone explain the relevance of this please? I've never heard of Jars of Clay, which probably makes me some kind of horrible person (just like not liking Star Wars or Star Trek)

You don't like Star Trek??? I will fast for you, for 80 days, between 2 and 3 am EVERY DAY, that you may change your heretical ways.

Archived