IGNORED

Happy birthday, reversal Joseph

rural juror

I was waiting with bated breath to learn how Joseph takes his coffee, but instead we find out that he likes to eat leftovers. Those Maxwells are full of surprises!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was waiting with bated breath to learn how Joseph takes his coffee, but instead we find out that he likes to eat leftovers. Those Maxwells are full of surprises!

I'm surprised they have any leftovers. I thought they portioned out their food down to the milligram.

Sadly, you'll have to wait at least another year to find out how Joseph likes his coffee.

Happy Birthday Joseph!

Happy just isn't going to happen because he is a Maxwell, which is the equivalent of being raised in a cage. He might get an animal cracker, if he is lucky.

The most interesting thing they can think of to say about this young man is that he eats leftovers......seriously WTF. At least they spared us the photo shoot of him doing it.

Could you imagine anyone in that house EVER complaining about anything?!?! I can't even imagine anyone daring to offer a different opinion that the great and all powerful Steve!

Steve would have them out in the woodshed before they could blink.

Joseph is the first reversal child in our family. Praise the Lord for Dad and Mom’s change of heart. We can’t imagine life without Joseph, John, Anna, Jesse, and Mary.

1) He is not a child he is a 25 year old man. 2) I know it should be used to it by now, god it is so strange to talk about a vasectomy reversal.

Joseph is your “eat-any-kind-of-leftover-guy†without question. When the refrigerator is being cleared out, and there’s a least-liked leftover, Joseph’s your all-around-great-guy to eat it.

Sweet Jesus....

He enjoys preaching or teaching, and he especially loves to theme his message around holidays. Sunday he preached a great Resurrection Sunday message.

What preach a sermon in respect to the season on the church?!?!?! This guy is a freaking genius!!!!! Can't believe no one has ever thought of that!!11!

When he was a little guy, he would pretend to play the guitar and would sing in front of the record player (wow, that was a lot of years ago!). He now is awesome on the guitar.

Careful Joe my buddy, don't make an idol out of that guitar or you know what will happen....

He’s a great ITonRamp instructor!

What is a Maxwell blog post without a little product placement.

He lives for the Lord Jesus and will do anything and everything to please Him.

No shit! I'm shocked! Who'd of thought that??

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I got another newsletter email from Steve. I know its against the rules but may I please post the contents on the forum?

It IS so odd to hear them talk about their kids in terms of reversal/non-reversal. I thought only we did that... :?

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I got another newsletter email from Steve. I know its against the rules but may I please post the contents on the forum?

Me too, it made me jump!1!! - and yes why cannot it be posted as it's just'what some would call a newsletter'testimony posted mainly to FJ member's inboxes.

Fuck, I didn't have Bible Time™ tonight, I shall starve myself of food for 24 hours.

:popcorn2:

It IS so odd to hear them talk about their kids in terms of reversal/non-reversal. I thought only we did that... :?

The best snarking or piss taking, comes best from when they invent the phrases or names themselves :wink-penguin:

I have seen then refer to Joseph down to Mary as reversal's before.

When he was a little guy, he would pretend to play the guitar and would sing in front of the record player (wow, that was a lot of years ago!). He now is awesome on the guitar.

Careful Joe my buddy, don't make an idol out of that guitar or you know what will happen....][/quote

He would sing in front of the record player, but we all know that it wasn't turned on. :naughty:

Do you think Sarah & The Reversals even understand what was reversed?

I've wondered that too, especially since Mary once mentioned being thankful for her parents' "reversal". I wouldn't be surprised if Steve and Teri presented it to them in vague terms ("we surgically prevented having more children, but then God reversed our opinions, so we had a reversal"). No mention of sperm/vaginas/sex necessary.

You are welcome to paraphrase, just not post the email in full. So you can say "I got an email from Steve announcing that Joseph's birthday dinner will involve bean burritos and 3 animal crackers", but you can't post the actual email.

Me too, it made me jump!1!! - and yes why cannot it be posted as it's just'what some would call a newsletter'testimony posted mainly to FJ member's inboxes.

Fuck, I didn't have Bible Time™ tonight, I shall starve myself of food for 24 hours.

Someone please paraphrase it as I am now dying of curiosity!!!

Someone please paraphrase it as I am now dying of curiosity!!!

Please please please please please. PLEEEEEEEEEEAAASE-uh!

Joseph is your “eat-any-kind-of-leftover-guy†without question. When the refrigerator is being cleared out, and there’s a least-liked leftover, Joseph’s your all-around-great-guy to eat it.

As if this isn't an odd enough thing to post period, the more I thought about it today (yes, it's horrible to admit, I'm sure, but I've thought of it every time I've gone to the fridge for more water to drink today!) it's almost even MORE odd coming from the Maxwells.

I mean, this is the family that weighs and measures and portions their food to absurd extents.

And this is the family that meal plans and eats like 5 things on a regular rotation.

It seems like they really only have burritos as leftovers and even then, half the time it seems like it's really more like a later batch of them almost more than leftovers.

But really, considering how few things this family even rotates through their menu, they're basically admitting their family really isn't fond of one of those things they eat regularly, or at least not as a leftover.

Seriously?

Can no one in that family either a) adjust their absurdly portioned meal plan to not include the leftovers of that one, or b) come up with another 'enticing' meal option that doesn't result in leftovers no one else wants to be stuck with?

If one of their highest praises about Joseph is his willingness to eat this leftover, and it stands out enough to be an attribute about him, how do none of them realize there are ways to avoid that?

They are SO ridiculous and make themselves even look like more of a mockery target than they already are in THIS being a standout descriptor of a family member. It almost shows more how ridiculously sheltered they are because of that and thinking that's such high praise. How sad there's nothing really beyond an ad for their products and that he'll eat leftovers. If my loved ones couldn't come up with anything better than that to say about me - to anyone, let alone on a website with a reasonable amount of traffic - on my birthday I'd find that pretty heartbreaking.

On another note, is it bad I'm hoping Sarah will let us in on what leftover item that is in the next Moody book when a benevolent sibling does the same in her story? LOL.

Personally I would find it most amusing if it turned out it was those burritos that they make and consume in absurd quantities and their followers drool over like it's some gourmet recipe and it turned out none of the (Maxwell) kids actually liked them but no one ever wanted to admit it. That would just be...ironic.

I am going to start collecting questions for a fundy version of tribal pursuit.

Food

1. Which Maxwell likes to eat leftovers?

2. Which Duggar doesn't eat pickles?

3. Which Bates girl can't cook?

I am going to start collecting questions for a fundy version of tribal pursuit.

Food

1. Which Maxwell likes to eat leftovers?

2. Which Duggar doesn't eat pickles?

3. Which Bates girl can't cook?

Not sure if that was an autocorrect, Miggy, but Tribal Pursuit is brilliant!

Archived