IGNORED

Happy birthday, reversal Joseph

rural juror

Please please please please please. PLEEEEEEEEEEAAASE-uh!

You guys are all so mean... teasing us with a dainty morsel and then not following through. Now will someone PLEASE give us some inkling to what was in Stevie's latest corner?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has he become a Satanist? Is he running off with a waitress from Hooters? Is he endorsing Hillary Clinton for President? Is he begging for forgiveness because he forgot to use the signal when making a right-hand turn in his car?

Tell us more!

Not sure if that was an autocorrect, Miggy, but Tribal Pursuit is brilliant!

:) Well spotted. There are times when auto correct really helps improve your writing.

Has he become a Satanist? Is he running off with a waitress from Hooters? Is he endorsing Hillary Clinton for President? Is he begging for forgiveness because he forgot to use the signal when making a right-hand turn in his car?

None of the above. He tells his followers that if they ever forget/blow off/don't have time for Family Bible Time they should punish themselves by not eating for 24 hours. Their physical hunger will chastise them for spiritually starving their wives and children. If you don't have Family Bible Time then you are A Bad Man.

None of the above. He tells his followers that if they ever forget/blow off/don't have time for Family Bible Time they should punish themselves by not eating for 24 hours. Their physical hunger will chastise them for spiritually starving their wives and children. If you don't have Family Bible Time then you are A Bad Man.

Did he actually cop to skipping Family Bible Time himself?

Honestly, with routine, the personal discipline, the mortification of the flesh - Steve should have just been a monk.

No, Steve would never do something as depraved as skipping FBT. It's just what he tells other fathers to do. He's given this instruction to thousands of men, according to his email.

Incidentally, it's a pretty common cult tactic to deprive your followers of food if they break the rules. He did it with his kids too; remember when he made the reversal boys sit in the van and watch the family eat lunch though the restaurant window because they'd bickered with Anna about whether dogs are better than cats?

And, next we'll move toward Self Flagellation self-flagellation.gif?w=378&h=297

And cilice and discipline and hair shirts.

cilice.co.uk/hairshirts.html

No, Steve would never do something as depraved as skipping FBT. It's just what he tells other fathers to do. He's given this instruction to thousands of men, according to his email.

Incidentally, it's a pretty common cult tactic to deprive your followers of food if they break the rules. He did it with his kids too; remember when he made the reversal boys sit in the van and watch the family eat lunch though the restaurant window because they'd bickered with Anna about whether dogs are better than cats?

I shouldn't be surprised, but this actually happened... and was written about on their blog (or a Moody book, which is pretty much the same thing) ?!!

If I were one of those boys, I'd have used the chance to escape! Worst case, the cops pick me up when I'm asking for change outside the McDonalds to buy food.

My first thought upon reading this was "Dang! I'd be so thin if I punished myself like that."

Is that wrong?

I shouldn't be surprised, but this actually happened... and was written about on their blog (or a Moody book, which is pretty much the same thing) ?!!

If I were one of those boys, I'd have used the chance to escape! Worst case, the cops pick me up when I'm asking for change outside the McDonalds to buy food.

Come on haterz...Teri says the boys had WHEAT THINS to eat in the car! Totally makes up for having lunch in the car, isolated from their loved ones for a trivial childhood infraction. :roll:

Yup, it really happened: blog.titus2.com/2011/07/24/making-right-the-wrong/

Please please please please please. PLEEEEEEEEEEAAASE-uh!

Steve said feeding yourself spiritually is more important than feeding yourself physically. He challenged all dads to commit to family and bible time and everytime they missed one fast for 24 hours. He uses this verse to justify it-A double minded man is unstable in all his ways” (James 1:8).

Yup, it really happened: blog.titus2.com/2011/07/24/making-right-the-wrong/

I just read that post and something is fishy. She clearly writes that she invited the boys to Taco Bell, yet the pictures do not look anything like Taco Bell. They look like they are at a sandwich shop, maybe an Italian place. While I was reading, I found myself wondering if they come up with situations just for their blog posts - then stage the photos accordingly. Then the photos don't match the story this time. Did they just throw in some old photos from another restaurant trip? Did they think we wouldn't notice? Do they assume we don't know one fast food place from another?

Am I WAY too concerned about this? Probably.

Steve said feeding yourself spiritually is more important than feeding yourself physically. He challenged all dads to commit to family and bible time and everytime they missed one fast for 24 hours. He uses this verse to justify it-A double minded man is unstable in all his ways” (James 1:8).

You mean double minded like "condemns TV as The Beast, but allows his family to appear on TV/uses a TV family for publicity"? Yeah, he's pretty unstable in all his ways. I agree there.

I googled the words on the side of the packaging... looks like they're at a chain called Mr. Goodcents Sub Sandwiches.

Never mind. I just re-read it and saw the fine print. Taco Bell was too crowded so they went to a different restaurant. Probably to keep to the schedule.

Sorry, Steve!!

I just read that post and something is fishy. She clearly writes that she invited the boys to Taco Bell, yet the pictures do not look anything like Taco Bell. They look like they are at a sandwich shop, maybe an Italian place. While I was reading, I found myself wondering if they come up with situations just for their blog posts - then stage the photos accordingly. Then the photos don't match the story this time. Did they just throw in some old photos from another restaurant trip? Did they think we wouldn't notice? Do they assume we don't know one fast food place from another?

Ha! It's rather poorly written. The caption under one of the photos says the wait at Taco Bell was too long so they went to another nearby restaurant. Not sure why she needs to mention Taco Bell twice in the post when they didn't even go there?

I'm always surprised that Steve chooses to live in an urban-ish area. Given his paranoia, I would think he'd be holed up in some mountain-top fortress in the middle of nowhere, with bars on the doors and tin foil over the windows. No possible evil influences and no distractions from 24/7 Bible time.

I remember that post. They weren't able to dine at Taco Bell for some reason, so they went to subway.

Bean says: Ha! It's rather poorly written. The caption under one of the photos says the wait at Taco Bell was too long so they went to another nearby restaurant. Not sure why she needs to mention Taco Bell twice in the post when they didn't even go there?

I know, right? I don't know why I'm so uptight about this, but I even wondered if Steve read my comment and went back to edit the post. Something about fast food gets me all excited, I guess.

Never mind. I just re-read it and saw the fine print. Taco Bell was too crowded so they went to a different restaurant. Probably to keep to the schedule.

Sorry, Steve!!

GET THEE TO THY PRAYER CLOSET. And fast for 24 hrs. to cleanse your soul of the error of its ways.

In that post they said they did go to Taco Bell, but the line was too long so they went to another restaurant. Can't stray away from the schedule.

I remember a blog post after Joseph asked Elizabeth to marry him. He talked about praying with his parents and fasting.

Controlling of food. Steve can check another one off the "traits of a cult leader" list.

GET THEE TO THY PRAYER CLOSET. And fast for 24 hrs. to cleanse your soul of the error of its ways.

Thank you, Twin2, for noticing my retraction. Now, that 24 hours? Is that in addition to my self-punishment for skipping Bible time? I'm gonna be soooooo skinny!!

Archived