IGNORED

Happy birthday, reversal Joseph

rural juror

Thank you, Twin2, for noticing my retraction. Now, that 24 hours? Is that in addition to my self-punishment for skipping Bible time? I'm gonna be soooooo skinny!!

In addition to the 24hrs for skipping bible time.

Also the vanity in your last sentence has earned you and extra 24 hrs.

REPENT YE SINNER!

Do you know where you will go when you die?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm always surprised that Steve chooses to live in an urban-ish area. Given his paranoia, I would think he'd be holed up in some mountain-top fortress in the middle of nowhere, with bars on the doors and tin foil over the windows. No possible evil influences and no distractions from 24/7 Bible time.

But that would make keeping his family isolated too easy, and he'd have no reason to do all of the many things he needs loves to do, in order to keep them in line. What would he do all day?

Besides, I suspect that, under his surface drivel about discipline and self-sacrifice, Steve likes his creature comforts too much to live out in the wild.

But that would make keeping his family isolated too easy, and he'd have no reason to do all of the many things he needs loves to do, in order to keep them in line. What would he do all day?

Besides, I suspect that, under his surface drivel about discipline and self-sacrifice, Steve likes his creature comforts too much to live out in the wild.

They could pray. And hike. And pray and hike. And hike and pray. Once a month, they can drive Uriah down to Costco for provisions. And Then they can pray. Who needs worldly things when you have all that repenting to do?

Did he actually cop to skipping Family Bible Time himself?

Honestly, with routine, the personal discipline, the mortification of the flesh - Steve should have just been a monk.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Steve imposed The Grand Silence, no talking between evening bible time and morning bible time. The children shouldn't be allowed to speak to each other in their bedrooms.

I'm always surprised that Steve chooses to live in an urban-ish area. Given his paranoia, I would think he'd be holed up in some mountain-top fortress in the middle of nowhere, with bars on the doors and tin foil over the windows. No possible evil influences and no distractions from 24/7 Bible time.

There wouldn't be a local "elderly" home/captive audience for Steve and the boys to preach at and to remind everyone of DEATH.

Steve needs an audience, thus the nursing home "ministry", the blog, the tours, the books.

Steve said feeding yourself spiritually is more important than feeding yourself physically. He challenged all dads to commit to family and bible time and everytime they missed one fast for 24 hours. He uses this verse to justify it-A double minded man is unstable in all his ways” (James 1:8).

Does it follow that a man one-sided in his ways is unstable in his mind?

I've wondered that too, especially since Mary once mentioned being thankful for her parents' "reversal". I wouldn't be surprised if Steve and Teri presented it to them in vague terms ("we surgically prevented having more children, but then God reversed our opinions, so we had a reversal"). No mention of sperm/vaginas/sex necessary.

I wouldn't mind betting it is presented more like the Lord's reversal of the direction of their family or some such crap. No mention of sex or surgery necessary and the beige is maintained.

The subs look good, at least on their website. Better than Subway at least.

There's a bunch of Subways in my city. I forget the exact number, but it's around 20, and they have street signs declaring the number of Subways. There's even a website specific to the city. (I tried it for other cities, to see if that's how they formatted their site. Nope. Just a city specific website for a place with just one million people.)

Now I really want a sub. Anyone in Canada want to eat a Mr. Sub in my hono*u*r?

Edit: But don't make an idol out of it!! Wouldn't want to make Stevie mad, or declare subs for his kids a sin on par with Pepsi.

A bit offtopic, but Maxwell related. Has Steve said why the Maxwell men are growing facial hair? Has anyone asked him (and the question been allowed to post)? Did they all decide one day to grow facial hair? Oh right - Steve-O makes the decisions for the family.

A bit offtopic, but Maxwell related. Has Steve said why the Maxwell men are growing facial hair? Has anyone asked him (and the question been allowed to post)? Did they all decide one day to grow facial hair? Oh right - Steve-O makes the decisions for the family.

People have asked, the most they've said is "Something different". I'm guessing there is another reason, but who knows. Steve can be pretty cagey.

Interesting enough, Jesse is the only one without a beard.

Archived