IGNORED

Want a baby? Ask Sarah Maxwell!

Justme

They have a new post up. Nothing special just wishing everyone a blessed Resurrection Sunday. (No Happy Easter) and a family pic. Teri is being a bit defrauding, you can see her ankles.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have a new post up. Nothing special just wishing everyone a blessed Resurrection Sunday. (No Happy Easter) and a family pic. Teri is being a bit defrauding, you can see her ankles.

Personally, I am feeling very defrauded by John and his cargo pants.

Personally, I am feeling very defrauded by John and his cargo pants.

Whenever I see cargo pants, all I can think of anymore is "Nobody has gotten a hand job in cargo pants since 'nam!" :lol:

Oopooh I want a baby! If Sarah prays I get one, does that mean I don't have to have sex? (I'm asexual and I know some asexual a have no prob wih sex, I'm not one of them.)

Oopooh I want a baby! If Sarah prays I get one, does that mean I don't have to have sex? (I'm asexual and I know some asexual a have no prob wih sex, I'm not one of them.)

I think you'd be better off with a Turkey baster than relying on Sarah ;)

Gosh, Sarah is so tiny, I almost didn't notice her in that picture. Her sisters are not only taller than she is, they seem to have a more confident bearing, Mary in particular.

You're right, her sisters are holding themselves better in that picture - standing up straighter, shoulders back. Of course, they still have hope for their futures, they're only young yet.

Poor Sarah.

This is one of the worst and frumpiest picture of the family that I've seen. Everyone, except maybe Teri, looks super uncomfortable, like they are looking directly to the sun, or trying not to weep. Even their clothes are more unfitting than usual (yes, John, I mean your pants) and in serious need of ironing (oh, Jesse Jesse Jesse...)

This is one of the worst and frumpiest picture of the family that I've seen. Everyone, except maybe Teri, looks super uncomfortable, like they are looking directly at the sun, or trying not to weep. Even their clothes are more unfitting than usual (yes, John, I mean your pants) and in serious need of ironing (oh, Jesse Jesse Jesse...)

I don't even care about the ill-fitting clothes and uncomfortable expressions... John and Joseph are so good looking.

Poor Anna looks so awkward in so many of the photos. I don't know why, because she looks quite lovely in the occasional picture, especially the more casual ones. I think it must be a terrible photographer behind the lens.

I don't even care about the ill-fitting clothes and uncomfortable expressions... John and Joseph are so good looking.

Poor Anna looks so awkward in so many of the photos. I don't know why, because she looks quite lovely in the occasional picture, especially the more casual ones. I think it must be a terrible photographer behind the lens.

I don't know if Chris took the picture but his photography skills leave a lot to be desired. And he is a "professional".

As I was slogging along on an early season hike yesterday, I, of course, found my self thinking about the Maxwells.

I thought to myself, they would certainly judge me on how late I was starting this hike. How out of shape and overweight I became during the winter, despite daily gym sessions. They would blog about my defrauding clothing and possibly have a breakdown over some of the other things I saw. Just the usual bra and running tights. Of couse, I then felt sad that those girls will always have to hike in those skirts. Even with running tights under, all that extra fabric seems ridiculous.

Oh and at one false summit I saw a guy coming down in neatly pressed jeans, a white dress shirt, and a dress jacket. I had a fleeting moment of hope that he would ask me if I was thinking about death, but alas, I think he was German.

Serioulsy though, I still remember the Maxwells when I'm hike, and that blog where Sarah talked about people starting late and how they couldn't give them support because they had too much ground to cover. And to that I say, whatever. I'm an Alaskan. If it rains (and it will rain), we get wet. If it snows or I start late or I dont want to go all the way, there are still lots of views and it can still be a good day. Not to mention that sometimes we camp and so what if it gets dark before we get down. Thats what headlamps are for.

All this to say that while the Maxwells words have, in fact, made an impression on me, I dont think its what steve intended.

And to that I say, whatever. I'm an Alaskan. If it rains (and it will rain), we get wet. If it snows or I start late or I dont want to go all the way, there are still lots of views and it can still be a good day. Not to mention that sometimes we camp and so what if it gets dark before we get down. Thats what headlamps are for.

I suspect the Maxwells are extremely "goal-oriented" and "gotta do it according to plan" and "check the sights off the to-do list" about hiking as they are anything else. So if they set out to climb Mt. Whatever, they better make it to the top. Gotta bag them peaks, baby!

Completely aside from hiking I've vacationed with some people like this and it was MADDENING. Every time we'd see something unexpected and I'd say "hey let's go check that out" or whatever, it would be a fight and a half to persuade them that it wasn't a terrible "waste of time." What time? WE'RE ON VACATION!!! We can pull off the road to go see something if we want!

Sometimes it can be fun to just wander around without any specific agenda, in a city. That can be the best vacation for me - or aim to see a museum, but it's okay to "waste the whole day" in there, if the contents are good. We adjust the schedule.

...but I suspect the Maxwells are not like that.

Meanwhile as for Sarah and the Baybeez I wonder if she's allowed to pray for herself at all, or would that be greedy? Can she ask God for a husband, or can she only ask that for her sisters and hope they reciprocate?

John does NOT belong in that picture. It's like "one of these things is not like the other...". Like this dorky fundy family posed in a field and got photobombed by a good-looking, buff guy in cargo pants.

This is one of the worst and frumpiest picture of the family that I've seen. Everyone, except maybe Teri, looks super uncomfortable, like they are looking directly to the sun, or trying not to weep. Even their clothes are more unfitting than usual (yes, John, I mean your pants) and in serious need of ironing (oh, Jesse Jesse Jesse...)

It's probably because they were in hysterics all day, on their knees praying and weeping for all the unsaved souls :roll:

Did someone put a gun to John's head to wear khaki parachute pants??

Jesse looks like he is desperate for an enema.

All the boys need to iron and hem their pants.

And poor, poor Sarah. I think she's shorter than everyone because she's been malnourished the longest.

John does NOT belong in that picture. It's like "one of these things is not like the other...". Like this dorky fundy family posed in a field and got photobombed by a good-looking, buff guy in cargo pants.

John's been throwin' those kettlebells around, hasn't he? He's looking good, although the 80's called, they want their pants back. I didn't realize how much taller he was than the other brothers.

Agree with the above poster who said the Maxwell brothers need to hem their pants. Maybe they are worried they'll defraud us with a glimpse of heel?

I don't think any of the Maxwell men are attractive in the least. Maybe Steve, but I think it's because I'm attracted to facial hair. Whatever happened with that "Experiment" anyway? Clearly he's keeping the beard.

I may be late to the party but anyone else see Teri on the Duggar's couch at Josiah's graduation party? I don't know that I spotted any of the other Maxwells but thought it was cute when they mentioned that Josiah was single. I wonder if Mary took a shine to him.

I may be late to the party but anyone else see Teri on the Duggar's couch at Josiah's graduation party? I don't know that I spotted any of the other Maxwells but thought it was cute when they mentioned that Josiah was single. I wonder if Mary took a shine to him.

I haven't been watching but could someone post a screenshot of that? Thanks!

Has anyone else noticed that Anna and Mary often dress alike, but Sarah dresses differently. I've always found that odd.

Has anyone else noticed that Anna and Mary often dress alike, but Sarah dresses differently. I've always found that odd.

Sarah is 32 and Mary is almost 18, approx 14 years younger than Sarah... it makes perfect sense to me. I would find it odd if they dressed alike at any time other than the travelling dog and pony shows.

I haven't been watching but could someone post a screenshot of that? Thanks!

I would have no idea how to do that! So sorry!

Archived