IGNORED

Sarah M has the hots for the mailman...

Justme

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Maxwells trying to change the tone of their blog? The last couple of posts seem to be an attempt at...well...I don't know...a casual and cool place; like they are trying to show they are really hip and trendy. Sorry, if this was already discussed.

I wonder if that mailman knows where he'll spend eternity.

This reminds me of Amelia Minchin running away from her domineering/imagination-hating sister with the milkman in the 90s version of A Little Princess. I can't remember if that was part of the book or not but it was always one of my favorite scenes in the movie, funny but empowering too. Sarah needs an escape just as much as Amelia did!

It sure sounds like it..... He is way older though, but probably the only guy she sees all day

Hmmm, is he wearing shorts in that picture? Showing off a little leg there?

Hmmm, is he wearing shorts in that picture? Showing off a little leg there?

DEFRAUDING! He's causing Sarah to stumble!!

It sure sounds like it..... He is way older though, but probably the only guy she sees all day

It truly, legitimately could be just that. Think about it- their church is in an elderly group home. It doesn't sound like the kids get much face-time with any younger adults these days outside of the family. Desperate times, desperate measures, etc... (not to say that this mailman is anything less than a catch, but he does seem a bit older!).

WTF kind of post was that???

If I didn't know better, I'd think she was drunk when she wrote that.

It truly, legitimately could be just that. Think about it- their church is in an elderly group home. It doesn't sound like the kids get much face-time with any younger adults these days outside of the family. Desperate times, desperate measures, etc... (not to say that this mailman is anything less than a catch, but he does seem a bit older!).

Exactly. It's almost as if they are purposely keeping their children single.

Go Sarah, go! Run away with the mailman!

And I don't think he looks that old... I don't see anything weird with a woman in her early 30's marrying a guy several years older than her. I mean, if she was 18 that might be another thing!

He looks to be mid to late thirties - just right for Sarah.

They get their outgoing mail picked up? Is that usual in America, or is it some weird thing Steve has arranged so his kids don't have to be defrauded waiting in line at the local post office?

Yeah, I was thinking he was too old for Sarah, and then I remembered she's older than me (I'm 30 and she's 32). She looks so young, it's easy to think of her as only in her 20s. This guy is the perfect age for her.

He's perfect for Sarah. He's a mailman so he never has to work on Sundays, he has to walk around all day delivering mail so he gets plenty of exercise. Hope he doesn't mind all the speeches about death.

They get their outgoing mail picked up? Is that usual in America, or is it some weird thing Steve has arranged so his kids don't have to be defrauded waiting in line at the local post office?

That is fairly normal in America.

Yes. All mailboxes here have a little red flag attached. If you have any mail that needs to be picked up when the mailman comes by, you leave it in the mailbox with the flag up. And actually, if I'm not mistaken, all mailboxes manufactured and sold have to have the seal of approval from the postmaster general, so they all have the flag.

That is fairly normal in America.

Especially in the suburbs/country. I have only ever needed to take my mail somewhere to mail it when I lived in the city. THAT seemed weird to me! You generally still need to go to the office to purchase postage for a package, though.

I'm assuming Steve will now forbid Sarah from picking up the mail.

Just like he's forbidden her from picking up the male. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I had trouble accessing the blog, and immediately feared that Stevehovah had deleted the post and locked Sarah in the prayer closet. It's still there, but will probably be heavily edited once Steve gets a look at these comments. 8-)

I sense a new Moody book: Mail With The Moodys. A scintillating tale for sure!

I can picture Sarah putting herself in a cardboard box and taping it up, with the front saying "To: Anywhere but here, Mr. Mailman"

I had trouble accessing the blog, and immediately feared that Stevehovah had deleted the post and locked Sarah in the prayer closet. It's still there, but will probably be heavily edited once Steve gets a look at these comments. 8-)

I sense a new Moody book: Mail With The Moodys. A scintillating tale for sure!

I saw the post. It's written by "The Maxwell Family" and not "Sarah" (IDK if that's a change from before, but at least it's not ghostwritten if it was altered after the fact)

Especially in the suburbs/country. I have only ever needed to take my mail somewhere to mail it when I lived in the city. THAT seemed weird to me! You generally still need to go to the office to purchase postage for a package, though.

Once you get rural enough, at least out west, there is no more home delivery -- except if you're on one of those rural routes -- basically if you live along the route between one town's post office and the next, you can get home delivery -- but the rest of us in tiny outpost towns have to go to the post office for both sending and receiving mail. I kinda like it, it feels very old-fashioned, pretty much everyone in town comes to the post office every day or every few days. The door of the post office is where most of the important notices get posted, like who died, or if the water system or electric grid is going to have a planned outage, or whatever.

Or, you can print postage for packages on line via the http://www.usps.com. Even before then, if they were shipping a lot, they would have had a postage meter for their business. Now, you can also email the USPS and they will pick up your packages at your home during their regular mail delivery...

Trying to remain a viable option in the world of email.

Archived