IGNORED

New Raquel Stuff

fiery redhead

As an asexual, I could kinda get behind a boil sex movement, except not really because I think others should have he right to do it.

I don't like her, but I don't want her to get hurt. Yes, this exactly.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She opened her ask.fm up again. She really can't stand not having the attention.

How'd you become Reformed? And are you single? Jk but seriously about the first part.

I grew up in a Reformed family - for the most part anyway. My parents didn't embrace the Doctrines of Grace till I was about 6. They taught me about them, but let me study and make up my mind about it on my own. Honestly though, Calvinism just made sense. And I know that's only because God allowed me to grasp it.

And yes I am single.

:lol:

What's a poe?

Also the no sex movement's page gave me serious lulz. So thank you for that.

Someone who poses as a fundie on the internet

*Raquel has reactivated her ask.fm*

Check out her twitter to see the link. But bring a barf bag because she has really upped the ante on all the calvinist jargon. Elitist much?

What's a poe?

Also the no sex movement's page gave me serious lulz. So thank you for that.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... %27s%20Law

In other words, No matter how bizzare, outrageous, or just plain idiotic a parody of a Fundamentalist may seem, there will always be someone who cannot tell that it is a parody, having seen similar REAL ideas from real religious/political Fundamentalists.

She opened her ask.fm up again. She really can't stand not having the attention.

Didn't notice you posted about it already, sorry. Blame it on my ADD baby.

Anyways, who else thinks Raquel is going way overboard with all the Calvinism for the main purpose of meeting new guys? If she really had faith in the distinctives of Calvinism rather than real Christianity (in the rare event there is a Calvinist here on FJ I make no apologies, after all, you all call yourselves Reformed, so don't be surprised if people Christian like me and non-Christian alike classify you in your own special little religion) I would think her tweets would be about those distinctives (she has referenced the doctrines of grace* on her ask fm though, and that's about it) and their supposed truth rather than "I'm a Calvinist" "I need a Calvinist man" "Who needs a Calvinist woman? ;) ;);)" these quotes are obviously exaggerated, but not by much.

*the Doctrines of grace is just another example of how the Bible is not enough for these people. As far as I can tell I am the only Christian on this thread, but I am curious if anyone else would consider Calvinism a cult, even though all the dudes that wrote the extra-biblical literature they all quote are dead.

Didn't notice you posted about it already, sorry. Blame it on my ADD baby.

Anyways, who else thinks Raquel is going way overboard with all the Calvinism for the main purpose of meeting new guys? If she really had faith in the distinctives of Calvinism rather than real Christianity (in the rare event there is a Calvinist here on FJ I make no apologies, after all, you all call yourselves Reformed, so don't be surprised if people Christian like me and non-Christian alike classify you in your own special little religion) I would think her tweets would be about those distinctives (she has referenced the doctrines of grace* on her ask fm though, and that's about it) and their supposed truth rather than "I'm a Calvinist" "I need a Calvinist man" "Who needs a Calvinist woman? ;) ;);)" these quotes are obviously exaggerated, but not by much.

*the Doctrines of grace is just another example of how the Bible is not enough for these people. As far as I can tell I am the only Christian on this thread, but I am curious if anyone else would consider Calvinism a cult, even though all the dudes that wrote the extra-biblical literature they all quote are dead.

I'm Christian too, and I think Calvinism is extremely dangerous and stupid and it goes against everything I base my faith on.

You do realize that John Green, author of "The fault in our stars" is pro-gay rights, right? Such a shame that you bigots can't read any good books without being hypocrites.

Yeah I thought that was lame. But he's a great writer and I enjoyed that book.

omg bitch please

I'm Christian too, and I think Calvinism is extremely dangerous and stupid and it goes against everything I base my faith on.

Amen. Their solution to the Church being in the state it's in is predestination, not Jesus. When they whine about the Word not being taught in churches, but then they quote Augustine or someone like that rather than Scripture or communicating the Gospel. Calvinism is definitely anti-thetical to Christ. Why would God send a Savior if He has already picked people to send to hell?

"You refer to Jesus is your lover. What makes you think that you are worthy of being on equal footing as the Lord? Yes, He died for our sins, but reducing Him to your romantic love interest until you meet your "husband" is blasphemous. I'm pretty sure you won't post it, but I felt compelled to say it

Referring to Jesus as my 'Lover' doesn't mean that I am 'putting myself on equal footing as the LORD' OR claiming that He is my 'romantic love interest until I meet my husband' (IF I ever get married). In the Bible, the church (God's people) is referred to as 'His Bride', and Christ is the 'Bridegroom'. When I refer to my Jesus as my Lover, it is only in a holy sense of the word. He is my 'heavenly Husband', as He is to everyone else in the church (His Bride). 32 minutes ago"

Hello Raquel, the term "Lover" means a romantic love interest that you are married to. That is what the person said. No matter what you think of Jesus, you are calling Him a title that is a sexual, cultural cliche. There is no holy sense of that word in the context you use it in.

also, again with the plagiarism...she really should've gone to real school, because her parents didn't teach her that even stealing one sentence is plagiarism!!!

it's like she's a fucking satire of herself. she's so hilariously defensive.

post-4530-14451998859444_thumb.png

omg bitch please

Why does she say that? John Green isn't even a Christian, he probably does a lot of stuff that is "lame"

I guess God wanted him to burn in hell just cuz, huh? because there must have been a translation error here in Romans

5But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God “will repay each person according to what they have done.â€a 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11For God does not show favoritism.

According to Scripture, God doesn't pick favorites, we pick God.

Calvinists, stop claiming you are Sola Scriptura, you all are Sola Electissimus.

WHY does Raquel's Ask.fm being open again cause me such glee? I literally shouted YAY!

Its weird, yesterday I thought "I should see if her Ask.fm is back" I decided not to, because I figured it wasn't.

LOL there is a parody account of Raquel on ask.fm that gave her a compliment but Raquel totally thinks it's legit

So according to Raquel, Christians like ari_belle and I are actually Christians but technically we are not Christians.

post-9860-14451998862935_thumb.jpg

I'm not surprised. She thinks that everything she believes is 100% right, and anyone who disagrees with her is disagreeing with God. I have a theory that her parents are very smug people who indoctrinated their children to be just as smug as they are (not unlike most other fundie/fundie-lite parents and families). She could grow as she gets older, but the longer she stays in her current environment, the longer she runs the risk of remaining the same.

I wonder if one of her parents has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Many people with NPD parents end up with NPD themselves. As an adult child of a mother with NPD, I see some disconcerting things in Raquel that I see in myself when I look back at who I was at her age. I'm almost 24 now. I worked very hard (and I'm still working!) to get out of a) the environment I grew up in, b) change my thought/emotional processes to become more empathetic and to be able to check myself to make sure I'm not being manipulative or using people, and c) to get out of abusive relationships that mirror the relationship I have with my mother. I just got out of a serious relationship with someone who is likely a narcissist, and I didn't realize how bad it was until I was out of it. I fear that Raquel could end up like me, in a pattern of abusive relationships with men (I often feel desperate for a man, too, my therapist says because of my NPD mother and my emotionally absent father) or, because of her beliefs, stuck with an abusive man in an abusive marriage.

The sexting thing really says a lot. When I was 15, I had an 18-y-o boyfriend who pressured me into doing sexual things that I didn't want to do, but I did it because I didn't want him to leave me. I craved the adoration from him that I couldn't find in my troubled home. Raquel's sexting episode sounds similar - she was doing it not because she was horny, necessarily, but because she wanted to feel loved by a man.

Of course, these are theories. I could go on and on about Raquel and her parents and the things I notice. I only know what I have seen her say online, and she could just be another self-absorbed overgrown child. But I wonder if there is something deeper here, considering her behavioral patterns. I wonder if her parents are more controlling than they are indulging. Perhaps they are both.

also, again with the plagiarism...she really should've gone to real school, because her parents didn't teach her that even stealing one sentence is plagiarism!!!

it's like she's a fucking satire of herself. she's so hilariously defensive.

She only stole a phrase! It isn't wrong! She saw it on pinterest and thought it would fit into her story! This is totally not plagiarism. :roll: I didn't read her story well enough to figure out what phrase she stole, but I bet it would be easy to figure out who really wrote it. Someone really needs to sit the girl down and explain plagiarism to her.

She only stole a phrase! It isn't wrong! She saw it on pinterest and thought it would fit into her story! This is totally not plagiarism. :roll: I didn't read her story well enough to figure out what phrase she stole, but I bet it would be easy to figure out who really wrote it. Someone really needs to sit the girl down and explain plagiarism to her.

Illegal activity aside, who even thinks to relate something off of Pinterest to some fiction they are writing? I don't know who else enjoys writing here, but I do, and I heart me some pinning, but as crazy as I am, I have never connected the two :shock:

I know right? What sort of writer can't finish a story without copying things from pinterest? Not a good one that is for sure. This is hardly the first time she has done this

I went through her recent pins to find out what she copied and it is this:

You have to stop doing that.’

‘Doing what?’

‘Saying things that make me wanna kiss you.’

A quick google search shows that this is from a TV show Everwood. I don't think that is a commonly used phrase like she claimed it was.

Scroll to the 1 minute mark to see where those lines are spoken. She copied them word for word.

I know right? What sort of writer can't finish a story without copying things from pinterest? Not a good one that is for sure. This is hardly the first time she has done this

‘Doing what?’

A quick google search shows that this is from a TV show Everwood. I don't think that is a commonly used phrase like she claimed it was.

Scroll to the 1 minute mark to see where those lines are spoken. She copied them word for word.

Wow, it's verbatim! She could have altered it just slightly, but she is definitely on of those "above the law' types

I used to attend a terrible fundie-lite church that was run by people like her. They were "spiritual", and sin did not have the same effect on them as it would someone like me. :angry-banghead: It's all so frustrating.

Just when I thought her writing couldn't go any lower, turns out it's not even original.

If you're going to steal, at least make it something GOOD! This is like holding up a bank for a roll of quarters.

‘Doing what?’

Hahaha, I /knew/ I had heard that dialogue elsewhere! Oh, my.

Archived