IGNORED

New Raquel Stuff

fiery redhead

Trynn, what the hell kind of school made you practice writing dear-John letters?

I'll laugh if Raquel ends up being one of those women who never marries. Who will she had been praying for all this time? The idea of loving someone you have never met and whose name you don't even know is really creepy.

She isn't loving her real future husband(if he actually exists) she is loving on the imaginary man she made up in her head. No real human will ever be able to live up to her imaginary husband.

She was once criticized for her letter writing because people said it wasn't letting God plan her life if she had already decided He was going to give her a husband and her reply was that God wouldn't give her a desire for something that he wouldn't actually give her. :roll:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Raquel, I desire a pet unicorn and a holiday to Bermuda...

Seriously though, if I desired a same sex spouse, or an opportunity to open a family planning clinic in Mexico, would she consider that to be God's prompting too? I think not.

Well Raquel, I desire a pet unicorn and a holiday to Bermuda...

Seriously though, if I desired a same sex spouse, or an opportunity to open a family planning clinic in Mexico, would she consider that to be God's prompting too? I think not.

Ah, she wasn't talking about you-- she was talking about herself-- she is, after all, God's Daughter, and she is dating God's son, Jesus... which, I think starts sounding like it would break some old testament laws ....

Trynn, what the hell kind of school made you practice writing dear-John letters?

I'll laugh if Raquel ends up being one of those women who never marries. Who will she had been praying for all this time? The idea of loving someone you have never met and whose name you don't even know is really creepy.

A Seventh Day Adventist boarding school called Great Lakes Adventist Academy. See, it was during a week of prayer (we all called it the week of sex ed instead) and this lady, Nancy VanPelt? I think? She had the same last name as the peanuts character Lucy, is all I remember. Anyway, she was giving a week of talks about sex and romance.

Being an asexual aromantic, I didn't care much for that crap, and was rebellious in as many ways as possible that involved not getting me into trouble with teachers.

The lady actually showed PICTURES. to an auditorium full of high schoolers:

"And this is a picture of a penis with chlamidia (sp) click

"and this is a picture of a VAGINA with chlamidia."

I plastered my nose to the book I was reading and tried not to vomit.

I kept a running tally of how many times God, Jesus, the bible, and angels were mentioned. It was less than 40 the whole week and most of those were on the very last day the very last talk.

Ah yes, photo time. My school passed around an STD photo binder. My teacher at least gave us the option not to look. :o

Ah yes, photo time. My school passed around an STD photo binder. My teacher at least gave us the option not to look. :o

I'd have killed for that option. Fortunately the staff didn't seem to mind I was reading. Normally they'd have punished me for it, so there's that, at least.

For reading during a talk, I mean, not for reading in general.

A Seventh Day Adventist boarding school called Great Lakes Adventist Academy. See, it was during a week of prayer (we all called it the week of sex ed instead) and this lady, Nancy VanPelt? I think? She had the same last name as the peanuts character Lucy, is all I remember. Anyway, she was giving a week of talks about sex and romance.

Being an asexual aromantic, I didn't care much for that crap, and was rebellious in as many ways as possible that involved not getting me into trouble with teachers.

I kept a running tally of how many times God, Jesus, the bible, and angels were mentioned. It was less than 40 the whole week and most of those were on the very last day the very last talk.

OMG! Sorry for the hijack but I have to ask! Did your school play basketball and volleyball against Spring Vale Academy? I went there and seem to remember Great Lakes Academy being one of our school's opponents. We were in Owosso, MI.

Thoughts?

This quote make me think of a young guy I know. He talked about sex a lot, but was committed to being a virgin until marriage. He wasn't afraid of committing to marriage-- so he jumped into marriage with a girl who is completely and utterly wrong for him. 4 months after the wedding, they split up.

I think the focus shouldn't be on "making sure you are committed to marriage" vs. "sex outside of marriage"; but rather on finding the right person to both have sex with and be committed to marriage with. Just my opinion. :roll:

I hate the phrase "real woman". ALL women are real, no matter what else they are. "Real woman" is just a phrase women use to make them feel like they're better than other women when they have no real reason to feel that way (so they can't use a meaningful adjective) or when using the correct adjective would open them up to criticism.

A "real" woman is ANYONE who identifies as a woman and exists IRL.

If you can't use an accurate adjective or if using said adjective makes you sound petty/vain/mean/shallow/terrible, then maybe you shouldn't say it at all.

I'm looking at you 350lb lady in the bridal salon who insulted my sister's body because it was a size 0 and therefore not curvy enough to be "real".

OMG! Sorry for the hijack but I have to ask! Did your school play basketball and volleyball against Spring Vale Academy? I went there and seem to remember Great Lakes Academy being one of our school's opponents. We were in Owosso, MI.

Most Adventists are against competing with other schools with sports... I don't know if hats changed since I graduated. Pretty sure out sports teams never really traveled.

Our gymnastics team, in the other hand...

Okay. Now I remember. The aerokanas or something, right? My school was seventh day, as well, but not Adventist. What a small world.

I'd have killed for that option. Fortunately the staff didn't seem to mind I was reading. Normally they'd have punished me for it, so there's that, at least.

For reading during a talk, I mean, not for reading in general.

I think that was a matter of luck on my part, honestly. The official policy of my district was strictly abstinence only, but what you actually got depended entirely on who taught you. My sister's class was told if you had sex before 18, you would get cancer. I got the only good health teacher in the entire school district and was given basic sex ed. Not nearly, NREALY enough but at least my class knew how to use condoms by the end of the semester. It would not surprise me if some of the other teachers forced people to look at the book, since at least one of them was a piece of shit excuse for a human being with rage issues.

Okay. Now I remember. The aerokanas or something, right? My school was seventh day, as well, but not Adventist. What a small world.

Yeah, that's the name. I tried out for the team but failed, so I joined gymnastics for beginners. They called is the "aero-wannas."

Apparently it was her birthday and all over her twit page she has asked at least 10-15 people "@aaronshust I never ask for shoutouts but today is my 19th birthday & it'd mean a lot to me to get a tweet from you!"

Ummm, ifyou ask more than one person, you not only come across as needy and annoying, you also demonstrate how little you value the worth of "someone special" giving you a "shout out".

And if you preface every single one of those 10-15 requests with the phrase "I never ask for shoutouts", you are pretty much negating the claim that you "never" do it. So which is it?

She's a promiscuous tweeter!!! ;)

She isn't loving her real future husband(if he actually exists) she is loving on the imaginary man she made up in her head. No real human will ever be able to live up to her imaginary husband.

She was once criticized for her letter writing because people said it wasn't letting God plan her life if she had already decided He was going to give her a husband and her reply was that God wouldn't give her a desire for something that he wouldn't actually give her. :roll:

Just like God would not give a gay person the desire for a person of the same sex unless he was actually going to give them that.

Wow. Before you posted this I was going to guess it was some bizarre English assignment like when my sophomore English class read some Shakespeare play involving people who were supposed to have an arranged marriage trying to get out of it and then had to write a list of qualities we wanted in a spouse and compare it with what our parents would want if they were picking our spouse (I forget if we actually asked our parents or if we just guessed). The Shakespeare unit also coincided with Valentine's Day, so we had to write love sonnets and then decorate them like cutesy elementary school Valentines (construction paper hearts, etc.). That teacher took ALL the fun out of Shakespeare.

Just like God would not give a gay person the desire for a person of the same sex unless he was actually going to give them that.

Nah, that's the devil who give people those desires. :angry-fire:

Her latest tweet is about how she would never call God her buddy but instead He is her lover and husband. And since her blog is called God's Daughter I guess He is also her father. So God is her father, lover and husband?

Her latest tweet is about how she would never call God her buddy but instead He is her lover and husband. And since her blog is called God's Daughter I guess He is also her father. So God is her father, lover and husband?

OK, mentally ill, stupid or both?

But she does have a version of the trinity there. .. :|

That is TECHNICALLY Biblical. Lot and his daughters, and all that.

Someone's been reading too much Oedipus...

If one were to equate attributes of God found in the Bible with the terms Raquel used, "buddy", which she condemned, is more biblical than "lover"

James 2 23 Abraham was a friend of God

The term "lover" ALWAYS implies something sexual in how our society uses the word AND in how the Bible uses the word. In the NIV, one of the only places we find the word "lover" when in it refers to God is in 2 Timothy 3 4 "...lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God" and this obviously isn't used in a way where can conclude one person and God are lovers.

All the other times "lover" is used it's when talking about a sexual partners.

The Bible talks of the love of God, but it is a love humans cannot reach the depth of. We can love God, and love others, and have lovers, but the Bible condemns "sexual immorality" and the situations where "lover" is used is often in those situations, so obviously, nowhere does it talk about being lovers with God like Raquel thinks.

Obviously, not everyone here believes in the Bible, but everyone can have a laugh at how she launches her weird version of God into the fundie world.

From today:

".....

And there I go again, sounding cliche. Sometimes I wonder if my blog readers get tired of reading the same things over and over again. Or if I’m just imagining that I rewrite things over and over again. Personally, though, I have learned from experience that sometimes, the most cliche phrases are the ones you really do need to hear the most."

Archived