IGNORED

Women shouldn't have the right to vote

Toothfairy

It's weird that we have so many extremist women who openly advocate against the very movement that allows them to achieve so much. I don't see a similarly large cabal of black political talking-heads who talk disparagingly of their own race. Why is that? What makes women more likely to work against their own self-interest? Advocating such misogynist ideas? We don't hear many Japanese-Americans supporting internment of civilians or African-Americans advocating segregation or gays supporting "traditional" marriage. And yet there are women their own disenfranchisement. How odd.....

I ask myself the same thing. I wish I could figure it out. However, quite a few live by the mantra "Do as I say, not as I do." For instance, Dr. Laura and Phyllis Schlafly always extoll the virtuous housewife/SAHM idea where women eschew education, work, ambition, making money, and success to devote their time to the sacredness of home, husband and children. Yet, Dr. Laura has her own media empire. That doesn't happen in-between folding the laundry and changing the baby's diaper. Phyllis Schlafly has been writing books and articles, giving lectures, traveling the country to fight against feminism and the ERA, and furthering her education since her children were very young. She even ran for Congress when her eldest was a toddler. Yet, she always claimed she was just a simple housewife and politics were a mere hobby.

Both are full of shit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's weird that we have so many extremist women who openly advocate against the very movement that allows them to achieve so much. I don't see a similarly large cabal of black political talking-heads who talk disparagingly of their own race. Why is that? What makes women more likely to work against their own self-interest? Advocating such misogynist ideas? We don't hear many Japanese-Americans supporting internment of civilians or African-Americans advocating segregation or gays supporting "traditional" marriage. And yet there are women their own disenfranchisement. How odd.....

I've wondered about that for years.

Actually Michelle Malkin, who is Fillipina, has defended the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II and has said that Arab and Muslim Americans should be similarly detained today. When she was called out by Asian-American civil rights groups, she said, "I'm not Asian, I'm American." :angry-banghead: I also saw a column by some conservative black guy on Alan Keyes' site about why Nelson Mandela was a threat to society and a column by a Native American author who said that his people were "beat fair and square" by whites. But cases like these definitely seem to be in the minority. I think many women are still in thrall with the idea of traditional gender roles and conservative religious values. While it's no longer acceptable to use religion to oppress racial minorities, it is perfectly fine to use it to prop up sexism.

Actually Michelle Malkin, who is Fillipina, has defended the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II and has said that Arab and Muslim Americans should be similarly detained today. When she was called out by Asian-American civil rights groups, she said, "I'm not Asian, I'm American." :angry-banghead: I also saw a column by some conservative black guy on Alan Keyes' site about why Nelson Mandela was a threat to society and a column by a Native American author who said that his people were "beat fair and square" by whites. But cases like these definitely seem to be in the minority. I think many women are still in thrall with the idea of traditional gender roles and conservative religious values. While it's no longer acceptable to use religion to oppress racial minorities, it is perfectly fine to use it to prop up sexism.

One of my dearest friends is of Japanese descent. Both of her parents were in internment camps during World War II. They were just as American as Michelle.

I remember Michelle Malkin's book when it came out, that's why I said I've never heard of an Japanese-American advocating internment camps. :lol: Michelle Malkin is Filipino-American and likes to brag the Philippines always being America's stalwart allies. She doesn't see herself in the same category as Japanese-Americans. It's no different than a Korean-American not relating (politically) to a Chinese-American.

While conservative African-Americans have spoke out against certain black activists, even Mandela, I don't see many advocating a return to Jim Crow or slavery. I don't see a group of of conservative black commentators on Fox News reminiscing about the pre-antebellum South. Nor do I blacks waxing nostalgia of those Jim Crow days when they "knew their place". It's one thing to complain about members fighting for your group and their tactics and political beliefs, it's another to embrace an institution that oppressed you.

That's where I think misogynist, patriarch females differs from their racial counterparts. We have a significant (if fringe) group of women who not only talk wistfully of those olden days, but actively work to reinstate a system which restricts their rights! These women want to make it hard for women to divorce or work or hold property. They think being treated like a young child is good. No black man go on book tours trying to convince other blacks to seek out a white master to serve. No Asian, be they Filipino or Japanese or Vietnamese, seek elected office to create laws to disenfranchise people who share their own country of origin. Why do women do this?

Archived