IGNORED

Women shouldn't have the right to vote

Toothfairy

Mississippi Tea Party leader Janis Lane thinks the women’s vote is bad for the country. And yes, Janis Lane is a woman herself, who benefits from the women’s vote. After being asked whether she thought there were too many male politicians deciding women’s issues back in 2012, she said:

“I’m really going to set you back here. Probably the biggest turn we ever made was when the women got the right to vote. Our country might have been better off if it was still just men voting. There is nothing worse than a bunch of mean, hateful women. They are diabolical in how than can skewer a person. I do not see that in men. The whole time I worked, I’d much rather have a male boss than a female boss. Double-minded, you never can trust them.

Because women have the right to vote, I am active, because I want to make sure there is some sanity for women in the political world. It is up to the Christian rednecks and patriots to stand up for our country. Everyone has the right to vote now that’s 18 or over (who is) a legal citizen, and every person that’s 18 and over and a legal citizen should be active in local politics so they can make a change locally, make a change on the state level and make a change in Washington, D.C.â€

Janis Lane isn’t the only woman to speak out against women.

Janis Lane is not the only woman to voice issues with the women’s vote. Back in 2007, Ann Coulter said that Democrats would never win an election again if women couldn’t vote. She also thought that the Democrats ought to hang their heads in shame for having so much trouble getting men to vote for them.

She has since revised that, saying that not only is the women’s vote bad, but also that liberal women should not be allowed to hold office. Liberal women, according to Coulter, get hysterical, start to cry, and are generally just too fragile to have a discussion with. This is about the same as what Janis Lane thinks.

So what is the GOP’s official position on the women’s vote?

According to Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee, the GOP is proud to have been a moving force in securing the women’s vote. The GOP, he says, will continue “to uphold the principle of equal opportunity for all that has guided us from the very beginning. And as we celebrate the women of our party and country this month, we continue our fight for equal opportunity.â€

Janis Lane, however, likely does not agree. She and other so-called “true†Tea Partiers believe there’s just as much of a problem with the GOP as there is with the Democrats.

I hope she realizes that 60years ago she didn't have any rights.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole reason they and her don't want woman voters is not so much because they should not vote but that woman and the poor tend to vote for democrats or at least not the hardcore GOP/tea party.

The whole reason they and her don't want woman voters is not so much because they should not vote but that woman and the poor tend to vote for democrats or at least not the hardcore GOP/tea party.

This. They're scared about the woman's vote as they realize that women are getting fed up about the attacks on reproductive and other rights women have fought for. They know that women vote, and it scares the shit out of them.

It seems that you can never be too crazy to be a Tea Party candidate. :wtf: At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if some Tea Partier declares that s/he doesn't believe in gravity or that the earth is flat.

What a twat.

Now now that is giving twats a bad name :D But yeah :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :angry-banghead:

It seems that you can never be too crazy to be a Tea Party candidate. :wtf: At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if some Tea Partier declares that s/he doesn't believe in gravity or that the earth is flat.

Actually, the crazier the better when it comes to the tea partiers. IF you aren't crazy, have more than 4 brain cells and can actually string a sentence, you are overqualified, and therefore suspect!

I wonder if she would agree that if women shouldn't vote,then they shouldn't be in the military,either.I mean,you shouldn't be required to potentially DIE for something you can't even do yourself.

If I can't vote, do I still have to pay taxes? You know....... taxation without representation and what not?

I knew sooner or later we'd get to this. She realises that without the vote she wouldn't be elected to anything right? That some of the Tea Party "stars" like Sarah Palin, Bachmann, Christine O'Donnell wouldn't be either, the ones who've done a lot to make the group (crazy) visible in the first place? Or are they ok because they're not liberal? How do you expect to take votes away from only liberal women?

That no one who care about her opinion in the slightest if she simply trying to influence her husband how to vote. Or why doesn't she walk the walk and simply have her husband campaign for office whilst she plays stepford political wife, if that's her fantasy?

The more funny it's that in my coutry, it's conservativ/catholic who give right to vote to the women, because they were more conservative. And now, the neocons want to take it... :roll:

Of course women would not be in the military, and why would they pay taxes, they wouldn't be working or own property -- and if they did, their salaries and holdings could be under their husband's, father's or brother's control.... don't have a husband, father or brother?? how about an uncle, cousin or brother in law.... has to be a male to run things somewhere.

Remember, part of the "women shouldn't be voting" premise is that all the men are good, strong, upstanding Christian men with their wife's, sister's cousin's sister in law's or mother's best interest at heart. Just as Ken seems to think since Good Christian Men[tm][/tm] are loving and good and would never put undue punishment on a difficult wife, I'm sure these people believe when men are in charge of women's finances they would never treat the women unfairly in any way....

I find it bad enough when men don't see women as human. I feel angry when women in countries where they have zero choices embrace the horrible things (female castration, child brides) because they honestly believe these things are better than the daughter not being marriageable in their culture. But when women in the USA, who have the right to vote, be viewed as people under the law and have control of their own lives are willing to sell their long fought for inherited rights as individuals for a bowl of political pottage--- I am horrified, sickened and lose hope for the future.

There are Flat Earthers out there, and the Flat Earth Society has been active since 1956 and much of its argument was biblically-based. I'm sure with some googling I can find a Tea Party/Flat Earth overlap.

There are Flat Earthers out there, and the Flat Earth Society has been active since 1956 and much of its argument was biblically-based. I'm sure with some googling I can find a Tea Party/Flat Earth overlap.

The fuck?!?!?! They do realize we have pictures of the earth taken from space that prove the thing is round. Actual people have orbited the planet and can say first hand that it is not flat. I'm surprised people this stupid are capable of even forming a society.

There are Hollow-Earthers out there too. There are people who really believe the earth is hollow and that there is a race of people living in it's core.

One thing that has come up in a local election in my town is that one of the people running for re-election on the city council does not own a home in town. He rents. Some people, albeit very few, have opined that he should not run for office unless he owns property and pays taxes here. Never mind that, if you rent, you really are paying taxes as part of your rent. The whole "not voting unless you own property" idea has been percolating in the far-right. It would not surprise me if this idea gains steam.

If I can't vote, do I still have to pay taxes? You know....... taxation without representation and what not?

As a former DC resident: alas, even if you can't vote/have a vote that doesn't count, the government will still expect you to pay your taxes.

Carmon Friedrich, of Prairie Muffin fame, also believes women shouldn't vote. I do not understand these people.

What a twat.

No, she's a right dick.

JMHO. ;)

Traditionally, congregations in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod were governed by a board of elders who took direction from the confirmed members, which formed the "voters' assembly." Not on doctrinal issues, but on budgeting, etc. Some time in the 1960s/70s, some LC-MS congregations changed their bylaws to confer female confirmed members "voter" status. Over the past decade or so of tumult, some exceptionally conservative congregations have put to a vote whether women should continue as voters.

This is where my blood literally feels like it's running cold: Some women are proud to make their last vote in voters' assembly a vote to remove from themselves and their gender the right to vote. Where's my sweater????

:angry-banghead: :cray-cray:

The fuck?!?!?! They do realize we have pictures of the earth taken from space that prove the thing is round. Actual people have orbited the planet and can say first hand that it is not flat. I'm surprised people this stupid are capable of even forming a society.

Those are all made up pictures proglumated by the liberal anti-Christian media, dontchaknow? Probably faked by women and that's why they shouldn't vote.

My suggestion- move to Saudi Arabia and see what life is really like in a country that relegates women to second class status.

Here's a link to their discussion forum, if anyone would like to nose dive into a rabbit hole of crazy.

theflatearthsociety.org/forum/

Answers to their frequently asked questions:

theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?board=12.0

Aside: One poster has a tagline video saying "Pope Innocent III believed the world was flat. Adolf Hitler, genocidal dictator who ordered the deaths of millions of people, thought it was round. Who are you going to believe, the Pope or Hitler?"

And I'm the one some fundies think is too dumb and irrational to vote...

http://news.yahoo.com/women-shouldnt-vo ... 00269.html

Fox News guest and Sean Hannity bud Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson has figured out the root of our problems, he claimed in a "sermon" delivered to the congregation of YouTube. He knows where we went wrong.

Giving women the right to vote.

A decade ago, I would have considered this view laughable. Now, I worry that the right will continue their slide toward nutville and take the rest of the country with them.

ZsuZsu doesn't believe women should vote either

Lately,it seems like any article that deals with race or gender will be followed by a lot of comments that are racist and/or misogynistic.

Archived