IGNORED

Women shouldn't have the right to vote

Toothfairy

Those are all made up pictures proglumated by the liberal anti-Christian media, dontchaknow? Probably faked by women and that's why they shouldn't vote.

My suggestion- move to Saudi Arabia and see what life is really like in a country that relegates women to second class status.

Somalia's a good second choice, they could do plenty of missionary work too, while they are in Saudi or Somalia. Since those paradises on earth are filled to the gills with brown skinned heathens.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thenation.com/blog/168771/limbaugh-wants-extend-vote-suppression-women#

It did not generate the outrage that his offensive statements often do, probably just because it happened the day before July 4, but last Tuesday Rush Limbaugh made an inadvertently revealing statement. “When women got the right to vote is when it all went downhill because that’s when votes started being cast with emotion and maternal instincts that government ought to reflect,†said Limbaugh.

Limbaugh says that he was joking.

thenation.com/blog/168771/limbaugh-wants-extend-vote-suppression-women#

Limbaugh says that he was joking.

Limbaugh is a disgusting, drug addicted, whore mongering, asshole.

Mississippi Tea Party leader Janis Lane thinks the women’s vote is bad for the country. And yes, Janis Lane is a woman herself, who benefits from the women’s vote. After being asked whether she thought there were too many male politicians deciding women’s issues back in 2012, she said:

“I’m really going to set you back here. Probably the biggest turn we ever made was when the women got the right to vote. Our country might have been better off if it was still just men voting. There is nothing worse than a bunch of mean, hateful women. They are diabolical in how than can skewer a person. I do not see that in men. The whole time I worked, I’d much rather have a male boss than a female boss. Double-minded, you never can trust them.

sounds like she is talking about herself.

I'd be more than happy if these women made a personal choice not to vote and kept their harmful beliefs out of the law books. But of course, despite the fact that they don't believe in women's suffrage, they proudly vote what their husband tells them to vote, anyway. Because, you know, an extra conservative vote can't hurt the cause. Hypocrisy at its worst. :angry-banghead:

The whole reason they and her don't want woman voters is not so much because they should not vote but that woman and the poor tend to vote for democrats or at least not the hardcore GOP/tea party.

The GOP is losing the minority,women,lower class,middle class,gays,and even upper class votes.

The GOP is losing the minority,women,lower class,middle class,gays,and even upper class votes.

Yep and every attempt to appeal to those groups just makes it worse. So I say keep saying the shit it is just like the duggers supporting you you are doomed.

Yep and every attempt to appeal to those groups just makes it worse. So I say keep saying the shit it is just like the duggers supporting you you are doomed.

I hope the Duggars have a VERY busy 2014 campaign season and that they keep up their "winning" streak for the rest of us evil heathens.

I'd be more than happy if these women made a personal choice not to vote and kept their harmful beliefs out of the law books. But of course, despite the fact that they don't believe in women's suffrage, they proudly vote what their husband tells them to vote, anyway. Because, you know, an extra conservative vote can't hurt the cause. Hypocrisy at its worst. :angry-banghead:

Yes, my favorite fundie blogger, Sunshine Mary, who lists "anti-suffrage" in her blog header at Sunshine Mary and the Dragon has written about voting according to her husband's choices. Her pals, Lori at Always Learning and Elspeth at Living and Loving in the Ruins also vote this way.

What's really interesting is that Elspeth is African American. I guess she's chosen to ignore the history of the Civil Rights movement and how hard people worked to make sure she could give her 2 cents at the polls. Like Sunshine, she doesn't think very highly of most women as we are emotional creatures who vote for the best-looking candidates along with those who give the most benefits to single moms. That's how Obama got elected in case you didn't know.

Yes, my favorite fundie blogger, Sunshine Mary, who lists "anti-suffrage" in her blog header at Sunshine Mary and the Dragon has written about voting according to her husband's choices. Her pals, Lori at Always Learning and Elspeth at Living and Loving in the Ruins also vote this way.

What's really interesting is that Elspeth is African American. I guess she's chosen to ignore the history of the Civil Rights movement and how hard people worked to make sure she could give her 2 cents at the polls. Like Sunshine, she doesn't think very highly of most women as we are emotional creatures who vote for the best-looking candidates along with those who give the most benefits to single moms. That's how Obama got elected in case you didn't know.

Well of course we do! That's exactly how I vote. It's just lucky, I guess, that all the best looking candidates are Democrats. So, I guess now the secret is out, the GOP will only field gorgeous looking men and watch the women voters flood back into the party. Right? right?

I had a friend basically tell me the same thing.

'Allowing women to vote is not ideal. But the ideal isn't currently possible because the feminist movement had destroyed correct family dynamics.'

But she still votes anyway. And I guess its all the feminist's fault! Correct family dynamics would be the patriarch of the household (and probably should also be a landowner) who would represent the family in voting. And there wouldn't be any women who didn't have patriarch to represent them. :cray-cray:

The whole reason they and her don't want woman voters is not so much because they should not vote but that woman and the poor tend to vote for democrats or at least not the hardcore GOP/tea party.

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner!

Well of course we do! That's exactly how I vote. It's just lucky, I guess, that all the best looking candidates are Democrats. So, I guess now the secret is out, the GOP will only field gorgeous looking men and watch the women voters flood back into the party. Right? right?

That's why they photoshopped Palin's head onto that sexy bikini body.I suspect a real 'kini pic wouldn't have looked so hot.

I had a friend basically tell me the same thing.

'Allowing women to vote is not ideal. But the ideal isn't currently possible because the feminist movement had destroyed correct family dynamics.'

But she still votes anyway. And I guess its all the feminist's fault! Correct family dynamics would be the patriarch of the household (and probably should also be a landowner) who would represent the family in voting. And there wouldn't be any women who didn't have patriarch to represent them. :cray-cray:

You're friend can suck it. I love my husband, but we are not the same person and he does not own me. Sometimes we disagree on who we think the best candidate is and vote differently. I am my own person with my own opinions and thus I deserve to have my voice heard in our elected government. If I have to live by the laws these yahoos pass, then I should have a say in who passes them. End of discussion.

And, if your friend believes this drivel with such passion, why is she still voting? No one is forcing her to vote. She and her spouse are free to set up their household in a way where her spouse speaks for the entire family. That's her right. She doesn't, however, have the right to force that lifestyle on everyone else.

As a former DC resident: alas, even if you can't vote/have a vote that doesn't count, the government will still expect you to pay your taxes.

Carmon Friedrich, of Prairie Muffin fame, also believes women shouldn't vote. I do not understand these people.

Don't forget Mrs. Jennie Chancey!

ladiesagainstfeminism.com/artman/publish/Hot_Button_Issues_21/Should_Women_Vote_12661001266.shtml

I am still surprised people take Limbaugh so seriously as a political person. Dude's an entertainer, not a politician. He's a right ass in his entertainment, but the number of people who take him so serious amuses me. It's actually a bit creepy too how easy people can fall for something. :?

Anyway, to the women who don't think women should vote or be in politics, get out of politics then and don't vote. Let the rest of us enjoy the freedoms hard fought.

I am still surprised people take Limbaugh so seriously as a political person. Dude's an entertainer, not a politician. He's a right ass in his entertainment, but the number of people who take him so serious amuses me. It's actually a bit creepy too how easy people can fall for something. :?

Anyway, to the women who don't think women should vote or be in politics, get out of politics then and don't vote. Let the rest of us enjoy the freedoms hard fought.

In olden days, (ate 80s) when Rush was new, I heard him do a riff on Newt Gingrich about how he only had oral sex with his girlfriends so he could legitimately say he never had sex with them (this was long before CLinton not having sex with "that woman." He used to mock Dan Quayle mightily. I viewed him as strictly satire, but then people started taking him seriously... I couldn't understand it... it was like taking Saturday Night Live literally! I think he also started taking himself seriously, but not sure. I stopped listening to him when I heard "female logic" once too often from this HS drop out while I was driving to grad school So, since about 89-90, I've not listened to him on purpose, just a bit here or there. I gather people view him as insightful political commentary, as opposed to a super snarker.

In olden days, (ate 80s) when Rush was new, I heard him do a riff on Newt Gingrich about how he only had oral sex with his girlfriends so he could legitimately say he never had sex with them (this was long before CLinton not having sex with "that woman." He used to mock Dan Quayle mightily. I viewed him as strictly satire, but then people started taking him seriously... I couldn't understand it... it was like taking Saturday Night Live literally! I think he also started taking himself seriously, but not sure. I stopped listening to him when I heard "female logic" once too often from this HS drop out while I was driving to grad school So, since about 89-90, I've not listened to him on purpose, just a bit here or there. I gather people view him as insightful political commentary, as opposed to a super snarker.

Glenn Beck started out similarly. When we lived in Iowa, there weren't many radio channels so I listened to Beck. He was funny with some right leanings but I thought he was mainly a parody of other talk show hosts. Unfortunately, he either was serious the entire time or somewhere along the way, his ego got the better of him.

Glenn Beck started out similarly. When we lived in Iowa, there weren't many radio channels so I listened to Beck. He was funny with some right leanings but I thought he was mainly a parody of other talk show hosts. Unfortunately, he either was serious the entire time or somewhere along the way, his ego got the better of him.

My aunt has a friend who lives in Tampa and knew when him (Beck) when he was worked in Tampa. She said her friend said he was a right winger, but he wasn't nuts at that time.

My aunt has a friend who lives in Tampa and knew when him (Beck) when he was worked in Tampa. She said her friend said he was a right winger, but he wasn't nuts at that time.

Does anyone remember when Glenn Beck's show was on MSNBC? Around 2005-2007ish. He was their token conservative, but a very moderate one. I remember thinking it was refreshing to see someone who wasn't just a toady for one party or the other. So much for that...

Those are all made up pictures proglumated by the liberal anti-Christian media, dontchaknow? Probably faked by women and that's why they shouldn't vote.

My suggestion- move to Saudi Arabia and see what life is really like in a country that relegates women to second class status.

Docmom, I was just about to post the same thing. It boggles the mind.

Then this lady should walk right out of office. Self righteous hypocritical twat. Your right to hold office goes hand in hand with women's right to vote, so why don't you go home and sit quietly by the kitchen while your big smart man makes all the decisions.

:angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

sounds like she is talking about herself.

QFT!!!!!

Seriously, some of the nastiest women out there are extremists on the right. Many of them are quite well-known-Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin, Chicks on the Right, Dr. Laura and the mean girl who started it all-Phyllis Schlafly. And let's not forget some of the fanatics we discuss at FJ-Sunshine Mary, the Thinking Housewife, ZuZu, Judgy Bitch, Lori Alexander, and so on. Now this is a mean, hateful, diabolical, double-minded and untrustworthy bunch.

Janis Lane, please do us all favor and never ever vote. And please shut your pie hole.

It's weird that we have so many extremist women who openly advocate against the very movement that allows them to achieve so much. I don't see a similarly large cabal of black political talking-heads who talk disparagingly of their own race. Why is that? What makes women more likely to work against their own self-interest? Advocating such misogynist ideas? We don't hear many Japanese-Americans supporting internment of civilians or African-Americans advocating segregation or gays supporting "traditional" marriage. And yet there are women their own disenfranchisement. How odd.....

Archived