IGNORED

Religious School - Measles Outbreak

tropaka

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this and loved it. As angry as I get at anti-vaxxers, I need to remember that screaming at them doesn't work; I hope this approach does.

I hope it will have an effect on those who have just been scared by hte propoganda from anti-vaxxers, but the core of the movement is a bunch of wacko TrueBelievers , who would say that god Himself was bought off by Big Pharma is He came down from the Heavens to tell them vaccines work and do not cause more than a very small handful of cases of serious side effects, which is much better than the masses of harm done by vaccine-preventable diseases.

Is this another example of anti-vaxxers? I can't think of any other reason for her "mommy and daddy" (their terms) saying no shots (ie vaccinations)--unless it was shorthand for "we don't want you to go anywhere unhealthy enough that the CDC recommends certain vaccinations for travellers there."

One of the Seven Sister Farmgirls, Anna, who I estimate is 16, just returned from a mission trip to Guatemala.

sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/guatemala-part-1/

"It’s hard to believe I’ve only been home a month, seems like I was just in Guatemala! But for now, we’ll start at the very beginning (a very good place to start ;) )

I’ve wanted to do missions work for a while–a long time–and I had been talking to my parents about doing some kind of missions work. They wanted it to be for a month, with a family, and no shots.

So I started searching, and not 2 weeks later a friend of mommy’s was talking about how she and her family were going down to Guatemala for a month to work at an orphanage and there were 2 seats left! (plus I didn’t have to get any shots) And Mommy is texting Daddy saying “how serious were you about Anna going on a missions trip?†:) "

Christ, these people. Endangering orphanages with their anti-vaccine ignorance.

I was so terrified of pertussis that I got an adult booster. I do not want to cough so hard that I pee my pants for two months.

Yes, I'm going to my PCP Tuesday and have "getting an adult whooping cough vaccination?" on my list of things to ask about.

There are a few public service billboards in my area about adults getting the whooping cough vac before interacting with babies.

Is this another example of anti-vaxxers? I can't think of any other reason for her "mommy and daddy" (their terms) saying no shots (ie vaccinations)--unless it was shorthand for "we don't want you to go anywhere unhealthy enough that the CDC recommends certain vaccinations for travellers there."

One of the Seven Sister Farmgirls, Anna, who I estimate is 16, just returned from a mission trip to Guatemala.

sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/guatemala-part-1/

"It’s hard to believe I’ve only been home a month, seems like I was just in Guatemala! But for now, we’ll start at the very beginning (a very good place to start ;) )

I’ve wanted to do missions work for a while–a long time–and I had been talking to my parents about doing some kind of missions work. They wanted it to be for a month, with a family, and no shots.

So I started searching, and not 2 weeks later a friend of mommy’s was talking about how she and her family were going down to Guatemala for a month to work at an orphanage and there were 2 seats left! (plus I didn’t have to get any shots) And Mommy is texting Daddy saying “how serious were you about Anna going on a missions trip?†:) "

Christ, these people. Endangering orphanages with their anti-vaccine ignorance.

Didn't the outbreak in TX(a church with anti-vaxx tendencies, if I remember correctly) originate with a mission trip? I love how some link all diseases to illegal immigration.

One of the big starting points of US outbreaks of measles is unvaxxed people going abroad.

Uggggh. I can understand wanting to go somewhere where you wouldn't have to get vaxxed. It's not vaccines, but I'm prone to some of the common side effects of malaria meds, so I wouldn't want to have to take them. HOWEVER, the responsible thing is not to travel to areas where you'd need the preventative medications/vaccines in question - for your own safety and with vaccines, for others' too. Not just go without them anyway.

I have heard many countries will turn away travelers at the airport who haven't had their yellow fever shots, or make you get it before you can cross customs. So at least there's hope for that.

I would love to see more and more anti-vaxxers gets turned away at airports!!

Archived