IGNORED

Give me Liberty (Phillips) - Photos from Normandy

Deleted12

Guest Anonymous
Wow, I have never had travel insurance where I would have had to pay upfront. Never had to claim on it thankfully, but if I had you phone the insurance people and they deal direct with the hospital. I think the only thing you would have to pay upfront for is for minor injury care such as sutures given if you fell over and split your knee open.

Only had to deal with that once, well Mr Sola did. The daft sod got his feet SERIOUSLY sunburned when we were on holiday on Greece. The silly sod forgot to put suncream on his feet - he stopped at his ankles! His feet were in a terrible mess with huge fluid filled blisters and the next day his feet were really swollen. He found via the hotel staff a GP clinic and the doctor gave him some dressings and cream and the nurse dressed his feet. We didn't bother with the insurance as we'd have had to pay something like the first £100 of treatment. So we used our E111 cards (reciprocal treatment in the EU), paid the bill which was around 15 euros and then claimed it back once we got home.

We had to deal with it once, too. We were in Scotland for my sister's wedding, and 2 days before, Mr. Snarky developed a bad case of shingles. He had it all down the left side of his face, into the scalp and down to the base of his neck. My brother-in-law took him to a local doctor, who diagnosed and prescribed medicine. We did pay for the treatment upfront, as well as for the medication. We submitted the bills to our insurer once we got home, but received only a small amount as the rest was applied to our deductible.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you zoom the size of the VF photo that shows Virginia on stage, you can see happy smiling (cue the foreboding music) Kelly laughing along with the rest of the crowd, Gee Cee on her shoulder. The Gargoyle is no where to be seen. Probably in make-up. :lol:

This exercise is instructive because you can see what brought the bad ju-ju into Kelly's life. It wasn't traveling all that way in her condition.

It was exposed legs! Yes! In the front row of the crowd, a woman's knees and shins and ankles and ... oh, my heart. :o

I'm srs. Look at Liberty in her '40s dress to the right. The thing is longer than tea-length. So much for accuracy. By D-Day, fabric was in short supply and skirts were short in response.

Just thought I'd offer this as a little object lesson.

MAJOR CAUTION: Do not, repeat, not scroll up while you have the zoom up. Morecraft crotchshot. Do not want. :hand:

This is fucking psychotic. I do feel bad for Kelly, because judging from this situation she seems to have literally had her very survival and maternal instinct trained out of her. She simply does not seem to be able to conceive (ahem) that the Godly Christian Men in her life are NOT really looking out for her and her children and do NOT have her best interests in mind. She does not seem to understand that they were quite ready to literally sacrifice her life on the altar of their stupidity, arrogance, and self-righteousness. Remember that part of the Noor/Botkin vows where she promises to follow him (and therefore Jesus) to the ends of the earth, even if it costs her her life? What Kelly just went through is this vow, in action. And because she had been taught to distrust everything except what her Patriarch is telling her, she ignores the alarm bells that would be going off in anyone's head right now, saying "These men just forced me and my newborn child to get on a plane and travel around Europe on a bus, 2 weeks after I have given birth, for the fourth time in four years. My safety is not their priority." Instead, she spins it into something that will probably sound very much like this if/when they have to make some sort of public statement about it: "Kelly struggled with Trusting the Lord to protect her when Peter expressed his Vision that she and all his Arrows accompany him to Europe. The Lord powerfully rebuked her for her lack of faith, but in his kind mercy has saved her and given her a chance to repent and re-dedicate her life to Him. She is So Blessed to have Peter's godly guidance." I'm placing my bet right now that they will spin this in a way that "proves" once again that women must not bother their pretty little heads about the risks of pregnancy, childbirth, or traveling with newborns, because it's all "natural" and anyone who talks about dangers is just brainwashed by the feminists, and anyway God will provide. :x

OMTS, :clap: about everything you say -- except the part about following Jesus through following the Gargoyle.

I honestly don't think Jesus enters in to any of their thoughts anymore, save for the parts where they might breathe "In Jesus" name!" after a long prayer in which the leader-man has exhorted everybody to do more, be more, give more, sacrifice more, all in the name of "the Church."

They are not about glorifying God nor proclaiming Love in the person of Jesus Christ: They are about extending the reach & power of "the Church", which we would call "their dominionist plans."

Just my 0.02 Euro.

OMTS, :clap: about everything you say -- except the part about following Jesus through following the Gargoyle.

I honestly don't think Jesus enters in to any of their thoughts anymore, save for the parts where they might breathe "In Jesus" name!" after a long prayer in which the leader-man has exhorted everybody to do more, be more, give more, sacrifice more, all in the name of "the Church."

They are not about glorifying God nor proclaiming Love in the person of Jesus Christ: They are about extending the reach & power of "the Church", which we would call "their dominionist plans."

Just my 0.02 Euro.

Just to clarify, I was commenting on the way that they tend to collapse "Jesus", "Daddy" and "Husband." From my purely academic perspective, what VF adherents practice has very little to do with anything that Jesus is believed is have said and taught. (BTW, MamaJ, if you don't mind my saying so, you are one of my daily reminders that some people do, in fact, practice the good stuff in the New Testament. :P )

Guest Anonymous

Just to clarify, I was commenting on the way that they tend to collapse "Jesus", "Daddy" and "Husband." From my purely academic perspective, what VF adherents practice has very little to do with anything that Jesus is believed is have said and taught. (BTW, MamaJ, if you don't mind my saying so, you are one of my daily reminders that some people do, in fact, practice the good stuff in the New Testament. :P )

My take on Dougie, Geoff, et al, is that in their heart of hearts, Jesus is actually an embarrassment. They would find Him far easier to follow if He hadn't, and in public, spouted stuff about loving thy neighbor (and enemies), giving to the poor, not judging others, and not making a public spectacle of oneself when praying. He would be much easier to tolerate if only He had kowtowed to the rich and powerful, recommended an iron fist in dealing with congregants and believed in keeping the downtrodden in their place (firmly under someone else's boots or sandals).

Archived