IGNORED

Homosexual Brains

debrand

The Pearls are venturing into new territory in an article in next months issue of their magazine

According to the Pearls, homosexual acts cause the brain to change thus proving the bible.

Addressing same-sex sin, the passage says that homosexual men and women incur a change within themselves that constitutes a “recompence†for their error, and that the recompense was “meet.†That is, the internal reimbursement was suitable to the depraved act—resulting in “reprobate minds†(brains). Now we know why it is so difficult for homosexual men and women to come back from the perversion of their sexual preference; their actions have changed their brains, rendering them more compatible to their choices. In effect, rather than their sin being a product of their natures, their natures have become a product of their sin. Read the passage and note the degenerative change sin brings.

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/homosexuality-and-the-brain/

If you choose not to repent, but rather continue in your lifestyle, you will be treated with respect and dignity as a citizen of the human race and a fellow American in the land of the free; but our hearts will sadden, knowing that you are missing the best life has to offer and are destined for the worst eternity possible.

— Michael

I guess that he added this paragraph to make certain that some of his manly followers don't go beat the crap out of someone they suspect might be gay.

The main reason I think for the anti-homosexual agenda is the belief system that the sex act is for procreation only. I love how heterosexual are experts on a subject they know nothing about.

The main reason I think for the anti-homosexual agenda is the belief system that the sex act is for procreation only. I love how heterosexual are experts on a subject they know nothing about.

The Pearls completely disregard the experts when it comes to not abusing children but they are willing to try to twist a study to fit their religious beliefs.

Apparently, they believe that not following their god will lead people to want to become homosexual and that will change the person's brain. At least, that is what I think they are saying in the article.

Imagine how this would harm a gay child. The family might accept that their son or daughter can't help which sex they find attractive but they will still blame their child for not loving god enough in the first place.

Science shows they've got it backwards. Queer brains scan differently than straight ones. And that causes the different behavior. In fact, it may be the mom's fault. A major theory about why people are gay states that differing levels of testosterone and estrogen in the womb causes a difference in formation of the genitalia and the brain (so essentially, male brain, female parts, or vice versa). (Harvard LGBTQ policy journal). It's THIS difference that causes behavior. Yet, I don't see fundies blaming themselves if this theory is right.

There goes Mike Pearl losing souls for Christ again. Honestly, I'll bet they've turned thousands of people off their particular brand of Christianity. I mean if being in heaven means being with the Pearls, I'll go anywhere else, ANYWHERE.

The final verse in this chapter says, “Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them†(Romans 1:32). The passage pronounces the same sentence of death upon those who are not homosexual but condone the lifestyle.

Oh, goody -- Pearl wants me dead, just because I think gay people should be left alone to live their lives.

I think I'm probably in very good company.

So in other words, you have the gay sexy times, your brain changes to realize you've had a lot of fun and should do it again?

No wonder Grindr is so popular with my gay friends.

Clearly he doesn't believe that one can be born homosexual through no fault of their own, but I wonder what he thinks about psychopaths like himself?

Of course having gay sex changes Our brain-- every single new experience we HAVE changes our brains. But not in ways that make us bad or any less of a person.

Hmm. I wonder what the theory behind asexuals like me would be, then? Did I just... Not get any hormones in the womb?

I thought fundies believed that homosexuality was a choice, not a genetic thing w/ altered brain chemistry.

I thought fundies believed that homosexuality was a choice, not a genetic thing w/ altered brain chemistry.

I don't really think they have any desire to remain consistent or even make sense within their own warped view of reality. Granted the Pearls are an especially egregious case, but they are literally making things up. Who is reading this and thinking "That sounds well-reasoned, I buy it"? Idiots who were homeschooled by other idiots and never learned anything even close to critical thinking skills. I can't believe there are people out there who would just take this guy's word for it.

Maybe they are trying to align the fact that all evidence points to he fact that homsexuality isn't a choice while still holding on to their beliefs that homosexuality is a sin?

He is saying that it is a choice, but that making that choice and acting on it is what changes the brain chemistry.

Several commenters asked to see the studies on which he is basing this, since he claims there are some, and got this answer:

Aaron (NGJ Staff)

Many articles can be found with a quick Google search on, e.g., “brain changes homosexuality berkeley“

# February 27, 2014 Reply

That's tellin' 'em! :roll:

Archived