IGNORED

Warning! Going away to college turns girls into sluts

snuggles911

I could serve as Exhibit A for SSM's worst fears. I was raised fundie, went off to University over my mother's obections that everything SSM predicts would happen to me and more. And she was right. Within two weeks I had smoked tobacco and pot, drunk alcohol, attended a movie, danced (!), and lost my virginity. It was awesome.

I also flunked out after one semester, but I didn't go home. It took me a few more years to figure out that not everything that my former religion had forbidden was good for me. And several more years to come up with a reason to be at University, whereupon I returned to school, didn't party (much), rarely drank anything stronger than coffee, and graduated at the top of my class.

Yeah--been there. Raised fundie, went to *gasp* a Catholic college, drank, smoked, hooked-up, had sex (both in and out of relationships)...and graduated in four years with a 3.9GPA. So, just because I was a slut didn't mean that I wasn't also a serious student. It's all about multi-tasking and time management!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom went to college and she didn't turn into a slut. My grandma and aunt also went to college and they didn't turn out to be sluts either. They were too busy just, oh I don't know...studying so they'd do well in class!

Archived