IGNORED

Warning! Going away to college turns girls into sluts

snuggles911

Is anyone going to tell her that they could do the same while living at home and commuting? Seriously, one does not have to live on campus to party or have sex.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to say it but I have to agree with SSM here. Her kids would probably become very promiscuous and party like crazy. Sexually repressed young adults that suddenly find freedom? They'd have no way to gage what would work best for themselves. They'll need someone to control them their whole lives. They haven't been prepared to make their own decisions and live responsibly and achieve goals. Yay Patriarchy!

That's so true, and there are countless examples. Why do you think that Josh Duggar pretty much doubled his weight after leaving home? His parents never taught him self control, they taught him to fear the consequences of getting caught. Which isn't the same thing. Once there was no more parents to spank him if he misbehaved, there was no need to fear, so if its not illegal, you can do what you want. Although he also texts and drives, which is illegal. They don't see "If I act like this, I will be unhealthy/nobody will like me/I could get hurt", they see "If I do this, my parents will spank me again". If you don't teach your kids morals, but instead beat them for misbehaving and keep them away from anything that is "bad", if theres nobody to beat and control them, they don't know what to follow.

Fundies are also taught that everything is bad, whether its sex, alcohol, drugs, dancing...once they learn that some things aren't as bad as their parents make out to be, how are they supposed to know which ones are things you really aren't supposed to do. If they find out that their parents were wrong about sex-nobody cares whether your a virgin or not, people have more than one sexual partner and they don't become prostitutes or get diseases, or that the atheists, Muslims, people who believe in evolution, gay people and everyone else they've taught to fear are actually quite nice....what will convince them not to try drugs? Everything else their parents said was a lie, and was actually super fun and a great experience, so maybe crack is good too.

I'm starting to think SSM was a bit of a slut in her younger years. And by slut, I do not mean SSM had a fun, free-wheeling sex life with consenting and available partners. I can totally imagine her fucking professors to get better grades, sleeping with other girls boyfriends or cheating on her college boyfriends. After all, no bigger moralist than a reformed whore.

I had my share of fun in college but never tried drugs or slept with anyone. Damn, I must have been doing it wrong. Thanks SSM for pointing out my missed opportunities.

I don't know what college SSM went to, but living on campus versus commuting to campus isn't much different, except for the really annoying "commuting" part that eats 10 more precious hours a week.

Whether you live on campus or 20ish miles away...

Cafeteria food? Terrible. Expensive. And fattening.

Campus events? Vary between "well this is alright" and "...really? Please kill me."

Parking? A nightmare.

Homework? /sob

Spring break? Cannot come fast enough.

Spring break plans? Sleeping. Advance studying for finals. Long-neglected household repairs. Then, more sleeping. Partying? Only if eating half a muffin and going back to bed counts.

I sometimes fall asleep in the shower (I own a waterproof clock radio for this reason), sluttin' it up sounds just exhausting. I'd have to talk to people... and coordinate... and energy... it's like a group project but sticky. Ugh.

Who are all these people who have time for sex, and what are they majoring in, and can you get a job with it?

I don't know what college SSM went to, but living on campus versus commuting to campus isn't much different, except for the really annoying "commuting" part that eats 10 more precious hours a week.

Campus events? Vary between "well this is alright" and "...really? Please kill me."

Parking? A nightmare.

Homework? /sob

Spring break plans? Sleeping. Advance studying for finals. Long-neglected household repairs. Then, more sleeping. Partying? Only if eating half a muffin and going back to bed counts.

I sometimes fall asleep in the shower (I own a waterproof clock radio for this reason), sluttin' it up sounds just exhausting. I'd have to talk to people... and coordinate... and energy... it's like a group project but sticky. Ugh.

Who are all these people who have time for sex, and what are they majoring in, and can you get a job with it?

Well, my nephew, who is a freshman, seems to be having a lot of social success by taking homework, attending class, and any sort of academic pursuit off of his schedule. Of course, he may get kicked out at the end of this semester, so there is that problem. And that probably negatively impacts the whole job thing. Unless you really like saying "do you want to make that a combo?".

Add me in as another Virgin after going to 3 different colleges, 2 of which I commuted to (which was a nightmare, btw).

Actually, the times I went crazy were... When I lived with my parents. I was really good at hiding things and yeah, once I discovered my religion had been lying to me my whole life, how WAS I supposed to know when to stop?

He only reason I never had sex was because I just wasn't interested.

Still never found the drugs, though.

I was raised liberal agnostic and by the end of university (living on my own) I was more religious, more conservative, had better cooking and cleaning skills, and (apparently) most importantly my precious saintly virginity was still intact. I never even dated. I mean who gives a damn that I got a degree, educated myself, had great experiences, interned, etc. No one got near my vagina so that's all that matters.

Seriously, though, it's like anything else. If you want to go away to college and drink, do drugs, sleep around, etc. you'll find a way. If you don't want to do any of that, you won't. I wasn't interested in partying or casual sex and I never once felt pressured to do any of it. I didn't live in the dorms but I know many, many people who lived in the dorms their entire time in university and never did anything they didn't want to. And that's the point: if your values are so damn right and true you should be able to instill them in your children in a way that makes them want to follow them even when they're not at home. If you can't do that, your mission has failed. If your kid can't control themselves at school how are they going to control themselves in the workplace or out in the world in general?

Parking? A nightmare.

Homework? /sob

Your college experience sounds a lot like the experiences me and my friends. We were way too busy attending classes, working on projects and doing homework, school activities and clubs, holding jobs and household chores to be the campus 'ginas.

That's so true, and there are countless examples. Why do you think that Josh Duggar pretty much doubled his weight after leaving home? His parents never taught him self control, they taught him to fear the consequences of getting caught. Which isn't the same thing. Once there was no more parents to spank him if he misbehaved, there was no need to fear, so if its not illegal, you can do what you want. Although he also texts and drives, which is illegal. They don't see "If I act like this, I will be unhealthy/nobody will like me/I could get hurt", they see "If I do this, my parents will spank me again". If you don't teach your kids morals, but instead beat them for misbehaving and keep them away from anything that is "bad", if theres nobody to beat and control them, they don't know what to follow.

Fundies are also taught that everything is bad, whether its sex, alcohol, drugs, dancing...once they learn that some things aren't as bad as their parents make out to be, how are they supposed to know which ones are things you really aren't supposed to do. If they find out that their parents were wrong about sex-nobody cares whether your a virgin or not, people have more than one sexual partner and they don't become prostitutes or get diseases, or that the atheists, Muslims, people who believe in evolution, gay people and everyone else they've taught to fear are actually quite nice....what will convince them not to try drugs? Everything else their parents said was a lie, and was actually super fun and a great experience, so maybe crack is good too.

I can't wait to see the younger Duggars going wild in a few years :twisted: Assuming they don't do anything really dangerous, but none of them seem that dumb. Mind you, I'm talking about the boys from James on down, Jed, Jer and Josiah seem too smart and level-headed to do anything stupid.

I thought SSM was only going to let her "ineligible for marriage" mathematician eldest daughter go to college anyway, and that the younger 3 had to stay home uneducated til HHG found them a husband.

I don't usually watch the TV show "Criminal Minds" but I sucked into last week's episode. This episode featured a married couple who killed transients and runaways (most of them women). This couple would earn the victim's trust by saying they wanted to help her. Then, when the victim was the most vulnerable, the husband would strangle the poor woman while the wife looked on. Murdering these young women were a total turn-on to this couple and after the husband did the murderous deed they have sex, often right next to the corpse.

When they weren't murdering people and having sexy time, this couple were always bickering and showing nothing but utter contempt for each other. The husband also cheated on the wife.

I couldn't believe how much this couple reminded me of SSM and HHG. Well, minus the whole killing people stuff.

Your college experience sounds a lot like the experiences me and my friends. We were way too busy attending classes, working on projects and doing homework, school activities and clubs, holding jobs and household chores to be the campus 'ginas.

Seriously. Even if it were easy, you have to want to party/have sex. Nothing/nobody on campus has ever tempted me to stray from my marriage... so why would it be any different if you were actually committed to virginity until marriage?

Contrary to what SSM seems to believe, even if you major in physics you will not "learn the laws of motion" by accident.

Whoa, what? Could you please elaborate or link me to this entry? Why is her kid ineligible for marriage?

Because she's too "head strong."

Fun facts:

1. SSM was apparently a bit of a slut in college.

2. HHG got his slut on after college in a teaching hospital (might've even been with student nurses, who knows, there were some three dozen of 'em, so good chance.)

3. SSM has two real kids and between two and three imaginary ones. Because she's not insane enough as it is ...

I could serve as Exhibit A for SSM's worst fears. I was raised fundie, went off to University over my mother's obections that everything SSM predicts would happen to me and more. And she was right. Within two weeks I had smoked tobacco and pot, drunk alcohol, attended a movie, danced (!), and lost my virginity. It was awesome.

I also flunked out after one semester, but I didn't go home. It took me a few more years to figure out that not everything that my former religion had forbidden was good for me. And several more years to come up with a reason to be at University, whereupon I returned to school, didn't party (much), rarely drank anything stronger than coffee, and graduated at the top of my class.

Ha! This is awesome. I was sent off to a fundie college, but I still managed to lose my virginity (and then get shipped, lol) while there. My parents were not pleased. Ah well. My virginity, my business.

I didn't manage any decent sluttitood until after college.

I dated exactly 2 guys in college got engaged to guy number 2 several months after we graduated. So Slutty!

I am kind of suprised SSM would actually want to send her kids to college given she said in other posts how she's worried that her daughter is really smart and is going to want to *shock* *gasp* career, maybe in engineering or math but that would ruin her from being able to get married.

hmm, after many years at college not being slutty and being responsible, emotionally healthy and dating with a mind to serious relationships I tried to get in touch with my slutty side, by having what was meant to be a one night stand with a guy I had only just met, where there was an utterly bizzare overwhelming sense of mutual attraction

Still feel like a college slut failure though - Reader, I married him!

I thought SSM was only going to let her "ineligible for marriage" mathematician eldest daughter go to college anyway, and that the younger 3 had to stay home uneducated til HHG found them a husband.

I got this from GOMI so a grain of salt is in order- SSM and the HHG only have 2 children, both daughters. The extra children seen on her Facebook include random shots with the neighbor's kids. The info is fleshed out on the SSM thread in GOMI where the other fundie threads are located. Methinks there is a good case to be made that SSM does some embellishing of the good helpmeet angle to keep her MRA base coming back for more.

I got this from GOMI so a grain of salt is in order- SSM and the HHG only have 2 children, both daughters. The extra children seen on her Facebook include random shots with the neighbor's kids. The info is fleshed out on the SSM thread in GOMI where the other fundie threads are located. Methinks there is a good case to be made that SSM does some embellishing of the good helpmeet angle to keep her MRA base coming back for more.

That's fascinating, and I can see hours of tomorrow going down the drain as I look into it - nearly bedtime here now. A big part of SSM's thing is that women are sanctified through childbearing and her identity as a mother of 4.

Meh... Stronger souls than I will have to peruse SSM. I can't make it through Lorri's stuff.

However on the original concept of college and sluts.

Statisctically, women with college degrees are more likely to marry later and have fewer children but are also more likely to be married when they have a child.

prb.org/Publications/Articles/2011/usmarriageandchildbirth.aspx

Both women and men who are college educated are more likely to marry, and less likely to divorce, than people with lower levels of education.

twoofus.org/educational-content/articles/ten-important-research-findings-on-marriage-and-choosing-a-marriage-partner-helpful-facts-for-young-/index.aspx

Dear SSM: You do not need university to do all of those things. I was doing them in high school. By the time I got to university I buckled down and did my work, worked full time, and was in a committed monogamous long-term relationship with another university student.

I'm not sure what is worse, SSM or that doucher who made the comment about women *NEEDING* a man. Need? I don't need a man!

That's fascinating, and I can see hours of tomorrow going down the drain as I look into it - nearly bedtime here now. A big part of SSM's thing is that women are sanctified through childbearing and her identity as a mother of 4.

One of SSM's friends from college commented about her on an anti-MRA blog: /rooshnme.blogspot.com/2013/11/sunshine-mary-turns-me-off.html

According to the friend, in college SSM was feminist who wore the pants in her relationship with HHG. At the time, he wasn't a college student and worked odd jobs. She paid his way through nursing school,.

Also, SSM wasn't a runner, wasn't thin and tried to be a hippie. She was also a flirt who gave the impression that she was promiscuous. The friend confirmed she has only two children irl.

My guess is that she's using her blog to create a fantasy persona of what she perceives to be the perfect Christian wife and mother. I wonder why HHG doesn't call her on it. Maybe he gets some type of perverse pleasure from reading it.

Another fiction writing exercise reminiscent of Raising Ruth? I wonder how many of the blogs are more a writing exercise than truth?

One of SSM's friends from college commented about her on an anti-MRA blog: /rooshnme.blogspot.com/2013/11/sunshine-mary-turns-me-off.html

According to the friend, in college SSM was feminist who wore the pants in her relationship with HHG. At the time, he wasn't a college student and worked odd jobs. She paid his way through nursing school,.

Also, SSM wasn't a runner, wasn't thin and tried to be a hippie. She was also a flirt who gave the impression that she was promiscuous. The friend confirmed she has only two children irl.

My guess is that she's using her blog to create a fantasy persona of what she perceives to be the perfect Christian wife and mother. I wonder why HHG doesn't call her on it. Maybe he gets some type of perverse pleasure from reading it.

But what about the pictures posted here a while ago that showed her with at least three children? Also, wasn't there someone who posted here saying they used to babysit for her. I thought that person mentioned at least three children too, but I could be wrong.

This is getting weirder and weirder :cray-cray:

Edit: Oh nevermind, I just saw the question about the photo was answered above. Neighbour's kids. I wonder if those kids know that they now have new 'parents'. Looking back, it is strange that SSM only describes the personality and habits of her oldest daughter, and sometimes another one, but never the others.

Archived