IGNORED

Nathan and Melanie Maxwell expecting?

rural juror

Before I noticed all 3 girls in big sister shirts, I wondered why both the auntie and grandparents time were with just the girls. I thought there must be a reason they are giving just one set of parents a break (you would think NR Anna would want a break being almost 9 months pregnant). I guess they started these new traditions last month because Melanie is pregnant and will need more and more time to take care of herself.

If she is pregnant I hope it is HER choice. I had horrible pregnancies but it was my choice to try and when I said no more trying when I was 29(even though my husband wanted one more) that was it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely noticed it is supposed to be playdate with all of the grandkids and yet Anna Marie's son is NOT there. He's the same age as Christina and his mom is got to be uncomfortable in her pregnancy, and yet her son is not there without her.

She seems to have perfect pregnancies and thus can continue to function all the way through them. Melanie will end up back on bedrest far too soon and will be entirely dependent upon the Maxwell relatives to raise her children another year of their lives.

25 comments (thus far) added to the post, most from adoring acolytes who have figured out the news from the girls' T-shirt messages.

Oh, you coy Maxwells! Nothing like keeping the devoted followers breathless with excitement, is there?

Bethany's shirt has 4 sets of footprints, 3 pink and 1 blue? so do they already know it is a boy? How far along could Melanie be? When was the most recent picture? The Neighborhood lunch in November? I think she is absent from Christmas photos.

Bethany's shirt has 4 sets of footprints, 3 pink and 1 blue? so do they already know it is a boy? How far along could Melanie be? When was the most recent picture? The Neighborhood lunch in November? I think she is absent from Christmas photos.

Given her history I'm sure Melanie's had some extensive testing done where the sex of the baby could be determined. But the maxwells don't go in for knowing the GENDER (can't say s*x) before the birth so unless someone slipped up and spilled the beans, I doubt they know.

There is no way playdoh is still pliable after however long in the attic. Even homemade. Give me a freaking break. And a sports coat at a play table, please.

I've forgotten the name of the baby who didn't live, and the circumstances of her birth/death. Can somebody give me the cliff notes please?

I so hope Bethany is never suppressed so she stops the nose wrinkling cuteness, but that's a futile hope.

I see 3 pairs of footprints, two pink and one set that has a pink and a blue, and then something black between them - maybe a question mark?

That shirt probably was made for Abby when Melanie was pregnant with Christina.

Why exactly is Melanie's health at risk with another baby? I know she had one preterm baby that may have had some medical issues aside from prematurity but I don't know what medical issues Melanie herself had.

I don't think they would find out the sex before the birth, even if Mel had an amnio. Since Mel's over 35 (I think she's about 36), she'd be considered "AMA" ;) (advanced Mother age) by her doctors. Given her history, I'm sure they'll watch her like a hawk. Were both of her prior miscarriages fairly early? I'm thinking one was a little later, like 12-13 weeks. (But I could be wrong.)

I hope the Scamariation people are dusting off their check books! 8-)

P.S. I still think she'll have the girls and Chris will have the boys.

They will stop when Melanie is no longer physical capable of having babies anymore. That will happen only one of three ways. Either she will reach menopause, or she will have her uterus removed by a doctor, or she will die. Until one of those happens, they continue to follow Steve's 200 year plan and have children to build an army and to the glory of God.

And while Melanie doesn't have the coveted boy, she does have the specialness that she has been personally targeted for hardship and troubled pregnancies thus she is considered more favored by God that he would allow her to be tried so severely. And of course, her faith will prevail through these trials because she's just that saintly.

And I don't say that blithely. I know far too many QF mothers who have in fact sacrificed their bodies, uteri and their lives to this ideology.

I've read several Maxwell books (bought used and saved the difference) as well as their blogs and Corners. Nowhere do I see the 200 year plan ideology. If Steve is thinking that far into the future, then wouldn't he be trying harder to marry off his adult children? Or at least the adult male children?

All I can grasp is that Monday is probably the highlight of every week for Anna and Mary. While I'm sure they adore being aunties, I feel so sad for them that the only regular socialization they get is with small children and the elderly. Jeez, these people depress me more and more with every post. And is it sad that I'm shocked to see all those toys out? And play-doh?! I'm sure that was the highlight of Teri's month.

I hope Melanie makes it through this okay. It's very chilling to think of those poor kids being motherless.

If, God forbid, something does happen to Melanie, I hope and pray that her family sues and gets custody of the children.

Why exactly is Melanie's health at risk with another baby? I know she had one preterm baby that may have had some medical issues aside from prematurity but I don't know what medical issues Melanie herself had.

They were married for over 4 years before her first pregnancy. All of her pregnancies required bed rest, quite a bit for Abby, not so much for Chrissy. Abby was in NICU for a while. I think Bethy was in for just a couple of days. I think Chrissy was able to come right home. And their first daughter died a few days after birth. I believe her brain stem was not developed.

She's had at least 2 miscarriages. I think she also requires a drug to help her stay pregnant.

She's had serious problems with all of her pregnancies, and had to be in the hospital for a bit, plus bed rest, for each of them. I believe both Abigail and Bethany were premature - she got very lucky with Christina that she was able to be full term. However, her luck could change this time and she could have some serious complications. She's also had a number of miscarriages.

In general, she's very high risk for something going wrong with both her and the baby.

There is no way playdoh is still pliable after however long in the attic. Even homemade. Give me a freaking break. And a sports coat at a play table, please.

I've forgotten the name of the baby who didn't live, and the circumstances of her birth/death. Can somebody give me the cliff notes please?

I so hope Bethany is never suppressed so she stops the nose wrinkling cuteness, but that's a futile hope.

Especially considering Abby did the same thing. Now she's got the typical Maxwell smile that never reaches her eyes.

The baby was Susannah Joy. She was premature, and her eyes never opened, nor did she really move. She died after 3 or 4 days. I don't recall them giving a definitive reason for what was wrong with her, but most likely there was something wrong with her brain.

I missed that because I was busy trying to figure out why the hell those kids need to go to have special bible time with Steveie when they get their grandparent time. OK, it's the Maxwells, bible time is all the damn time. But, it actually king of squigged me out because isn't it Nathan & Melanie's job to bring up their children in the LORD? Not Stevie's? So, that was my train of thought and I totally missed the shirts.

Of course Melanie is pregnant. Those Maxwells are so sly and funny and cute with their not so subtle hints.

They need to come up with something new because this is as old and stale as everything else about them. Of course, they'd have to experience life in order to come up with ideas and since that is never going to happen, I suppose we should just all be aware of their cute little announcements. (gag)

The Maxhells are liars. That play-doh is new. Look at the package on the counter in the last picture. They just opened it. The play set is old, but that play-doh is new.

PS- Steve-o, it's time to get rid of the chin pubes. You look like an asshat. Oh wait, you ARE an ASSHAT!

I bet Nathan will write a Naysayers post about why Melanie and him keep getting pregnant despite all the complications.

Playdough is fun. The suit jacket is not fun, and playdough doesn't get along with dry-clean-only fabrics.

I think she was joking as in play do is fun why would the maxwells do that!

I bet Nathan will write a Naysayers post about why Melanie and him keep getting pregnant despite all the complications.

It'll be a damn short post. Because...Jesus. The end.

I'm going to guess Deborah for a girl, Daniel for a boy.

Seem likely choices.

Though I could see them using Danielle for a girl. It's still Bible-based, just a feminine form of a male name. Neither Christina nor Christopher are in the Bible, but obviously they pass muster.

Seem likely choices.

Though I could see them using Danielle for a girl. It's still Bible-based, just a feminine form of a male name. Neither Christina nor Christopher are in the Bible, but obviously they pass muster.

Well, they could steal Dorcas-Martha as per the Jingers on the OTHER maxwell baby thread.

Well, they could steal Dorcas-Martha as per the Jingers on the OTHER maxwell baby thread.

*snort* I can't see even the Maxwells being that mean.

:angry-banghead:

Aw, dammit. I had kind of hoped they'd be done, either via medical advice or circumstance.

Archived