IGNORED

Nathan and Melanie Maxwell expecting?

rural juror

Just saw the latest Maxwell's latest post. Bethany is wearing a shirt that says "I'm going to be a big sister again", and Christina's shirt also says something about being a big sister. The Maxwells are known for dropping weird hints about pregnancies before officially announcing them. Could it be??

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All 3 girls's shirts make a comment about being a big sister.

Yup, Melanie is pregnant.

They did this "sly" announcement with Anna Marie's current pregnancy, showing Joshua in a big brother shirt. It's stupid. Just tell people.

Well, it's not particularly subtle or sly - there's really only one way they could be big sisters again, unless they're adopting, and I don't see that happening. So yeah, she's definitely pregnant. Hope all goes well.

I feel rather conflicted about this.

I do hope it goes well for them, and I'm glad that after all of their struggles, they are able to have the family they want.

But, this also means there's going to be another child raised in that lifestyle. That's a very, very sad thought.

Actually, I thought those shirts worn by Bethany & Christina might be Abby's old shirts recycled to her little sisters.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what happened with her previous pregnancies ? I gather she seems to have had health problems with her pregnancies and at least once C-section.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what happened with her previous pregnancies ? I gather she seems to have had health problems with her pregnancies and at least once C-section.

Melanie has miscarried before and her pregnancies have not been the easiest. IIRC, she had to be put on bed rest with her last pregnancy. She lost her first child too a few days after she was born.

Are they trying to prove that they're so godly and determined to bring more babies into the world that they're willing to sacrifice Melanie's life in order to do it? Sorry, but I just can't understand risking making your three beautiful LIVING children motherless just to make the numbers--and the risks for Melanie are pretty high. Is that REALLY what god wants?

Are they trying to prove that they're so godly and determined to bring more babies into the world that they're willing to sacrifice Melanie's life in order to do it? Sorry, but I just can't understand risking making your three beautiful LIVING children motherless just to make the numbers--and the risks for Melanie are pretty high. Is that REALLY what god wants?

I don't think Nathan will even consider stopping until he has a boy. So far he has had four girls and I'm sure even as he loves them all he wants a boy and is jealous Christopher got one right off.

There is a lot to be said for knowing when to quit. If she is pregnant, hopefully she'll have a boy and they stop procreating.

She's obviously pregnant....why else would they dress all 3 girls in shirts that say I'm going to be a big sister? Yeah, why not just make a blog announcement? Hope it's a boy this time.

Yes that's what they're trying to prove. Somehow, once a person is born their life is no longer sacred. Only the unborn babies are sacred to them. Melanie's life does not matter to them.

No, I don't believe this is what God wants.

Nice, Steve wears a suit jacket to play play dough with his grand kids. {eye roll}

Abby is sure growing into a beauty.

I thought playdough was fun.

They will stop when Melanie is no longer physical capable of having babies anymore. That will happen only one of three ways. Either she will reach menopause, or she will have her uterus removed by a doctor, or she will die. Until one of those happens, they continue to follow Steve's 200 year plan and have children to build an army and to the glory of God.

And while Melanie doesn't have the coveted boy, she does have the specialness that she has been personally targeted for hardship and troubled pregnancies thus she is considered more favored by God that he would allow her to be tried so severely. And of course, her faith will prevail through these trials because she's just that saintly.

And I don't say that blithely. I know far too many QF mothers who have in fact sacrificed their bodies, uteri and their lives to this ideology.

Oh fuck! Hasn't Melanie's body been through enough already?

Have to agree!! Like someone above said I bet Nathan was jealous that Christopher got the boy.

She who dies with the most kids wins, I guess.

The more I learn about fundamentalism, the less I'm able to snark. These ideologies are just fucking sick. And I'm really starting to actively HATE some of the most vocal proponents.

I have a such an issue w/ them having another child. Any other person who has had a medical histroy like Melanie Maxwell would have stopped after 1 or 2 kids. My friend's mother wanted 6 kids, but after the 3rd and only boy she stopped cause the doctors told her to and she listened.

Fundies honestly believe that if a doctor really means that another pregnancy would kill them, then they would remove the uterus to prevent more pregnancies. it's fucked up, but it's a firmly held belief. Clearly, it isn't really that serious if they are left with their bodies intact.

Which, honestly is nuts because doctors are focused on helping women keep their bodies INTACT as much as possible these days.

All I can grasp is that Monday is probably the highlight of every week for Anna and Mary. While I'm sure they adore being aunties, I feel so sad for them that the only regular socialization they get is with small children and the elderly. Jeez, these people depress me more and more with every post. And is it sad that I'm shocked to see all those toys out? And play-doh?! I'm sure that was the highlight of Teri's month.

I hope Melanie makes it through this okay. It's very chilling to think of those poor kids being motherless.

Archived